Scott Lively accuses gay people of stealing the rainbow from God

I guess it's almost camp.

But can you dance to it?

Stole the word gay and now this!

http://www.scottlively.net/2013/09/11/the-rainbow-belongs-to-god/

This brings me to the symbol of the Rainbow. Even now the rainbow has come to be associated with the homosexual agenda. Not yet exclusively, because there are many besides “gays” who still use the rainbow for other purposes. However the day is fast approaching when only those wanting to promote homosexuality will dare to use it.

Christians and Jews (and even Moslems) should not let this happen!

In case you don't know who Scott Lively is, he's bucking for enemy Number One of gay/lesbian people all over the globe. At least Putin sticks to the Russian speaking world for the most part.

Edited by Jingthing

Number 1 enemy ? I don't have any enemies only a few people I really dislike.

He may have a point though, when I see a rainbow in the sky I don't think gay. The gay rainbow symbol I didn't see much either outside or a few larger cities & here I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen it.

You could say the same of Hitler and the swastika...... It's peoples awareness of iconology that he is complaining about, if a rainbow has now been accepted as a gay symbol by society, then there is stuff all he can do about it. Hippies used it, peaceniks used it, draft dodgers used it, it seems more of an anti-establishmentarion thing than anything else in the long term.

Oz

Never mind this particular religious extremist, the "book" (as referred to in the song) is homophobic and should be outlawed along with the Christian religion. As long as people listen to priests, there will always be one or the other that promotes what the book actually says.

The Bible needs to be outlawed not only for being homophobic but also for promoting violence ("an eye for an eye"), and other philosophies that were invented at a time when the interest of the reigning class was to keep the masses quiet.

Also, the masses had no access to science at the time, so misleading concepts such as the Genesis were easily believed.

Nowadays, educated people know better and it should be totally irrelevant what any religious fanatic says. Unfortunately, it isn't.

Edited by onthemoon

Never mind this particular religious extremist, the "book" (as referred to in the song) is homophobic and should be outlawed along with the Christian religion. As long as people listen to priests, there will always be one or the other that promotes what the book actually says.

The Bible needs to be outlawed not only for being homophobic but also for promoting violence ("an eye for an eye"), and other philosophies that were invented at a time when the interest of the reigning class was to keep the masses quiet.

Also, the masses had no access to science at the time, so misleading concepts such as the Genesis were easily believed.

Nowadays, educated people know better and it should be totally irrelevant what any religious fanatic says. Unfortunately, it isn't.

Best of luck with that extremist project. I identify as an atheist but I don't believe in railing at religious people about that. For the forseeable future religiosity is going to continue to be a strong force in most of the world. The thing with crazy haters like Scott Lively is that thankfully they don't represent all religious people. GLBTs seeking civil rights have many advocates among religious people and also of course many GLBTs are religious themselves. Alienating all religious people is not the answer. These extremist forces of hate and persecution which exist in various religions do need to be targeted as bona fide ENEMIES and actively resisted. Being an ostrich with head in sand about what they're up to, now GLOBALLY, does NOT cut it. They are hard at work in their crusade of hate and as current events have shown in recent years, they are winning some major victories in a number of countries. I'm not so smart as to know exactly how to stop them, but I'm sure just ignoring them and acting like this isn't a problem is guaranteed to not help. We know that from history.

Edited by Jingthing

Best of luck with that extremist project. I identify as an atheist but I don't believe in railing at religious people about that. For the forseeable future religiosity is going to continue to be a strong force in most of the world. The thing with crazy haters like Scott Lively is that thankfully they don't represent all religious people. GLBTs seeking civil rights have many advocates among religious people and also of course many GLBTs are religious themselves. Alienating all religious people is not the answer. These extremist forces of hate and persecution which exist in various religions do need to be targeted as bona fide ENEMIES and actively resisted. Being an ostrich with head in sand about what they're up to, now GLOBALLY, does NOT cut it. They are hard at work in their crusade of hate and as current events have shown in recent years, they are winning some major victories in a number of countries. I'm not so smart as to know exactly how to stop them, but I'm sure just ignoring them and acting like this isn't a problem is guaranteed to not help. We know that from history.

I agree with you and you might have misunderstood what I meant. I don't advocate ignoring these people, I can see what influence they have. My rant was very strong - against all Christians - but that is extreme too of course. Christians who are not homophobic have confirmed to me though that the Bible does contain homophobic elements, so what I say is based on a fact. Another fact is that the Bible consists of many books divided into two very different testaments, and it is full of contradictions. So there are many gay Christians, the MCC being a gay church and many denominations having no problems with homosexuality. And even the biggest Christian church, the Catholic Church, has a Pope who recently said "gays are people too" (verbatim; not the exact quote).

It does make me wonder what kind of education people have who attempt to prove that homosexuality is bad by quoting the Bible. It makes no sense when talking to non-Christians; it's a circular proof. "If you believe in my faith, you are a sinner" - "But I don't believe in your faith, therefore I'm fine". giggle.gif I also keep saying that of God is so almighty, it was He who made us gay - how come He also classifies this as a sin? But I say that sarcastically, only to point out one of the contradictions in the Bible.

I used to be a Christian, and I found out at one stage (more or less coinciding with my coming-out) that this whole book doesn't make sense. It is not consistent, not logical, and far too contradictory in itself to be considered serious by any educated person. But still, there are millions of people following the religion, and that is fine as long as they are open to people not following their religion.

I defend freedom of religion. As long as they don't hurt anybody - and the extremist Christians do exactly that. I have no recipe how to stop them either, but I think it is important to speak up against them. That's my fight - your fights are Russian politics and gay marriage in the US. That's fine too. Not everybody can fight on every front.

I guess it's almost camp.

But can you dance to it?

Stole the word gay and now this!

http://www.scottlively.net/2013/09/11/the-rainbow-belongs-to-god/

This brings me to the symbol of the Rainbow. Even now the rainbow has come to be associated with the homosexual agenda. Not yet exclusively, because there are many besides “gays” who still use the rainbow for other purposes. However the day is fast approaching when only those wanting to promote homosexuality will dare to use it.

Christians and Jews (and even Moslems) should not let this happen!

In case you don't know who Scott Lively is, he's bucking for enemy Number One of gay/lesbian people all over the globe. At least Putin sticks to the Russian speaking world for the most part.

Poor little Scott is missing his rainbow. Who on earth cares what this guy thinks, anyway? Does it mean anything to anybody? That is like being upset over something Miley Cyrus said. There are toads in my pond who have more character, heart, soul, and spine than this fool. So, do we care? The gay community is welcome to as many rainbows as they care to use. Are any of us gong to miss one silly little rainbow, except for that small minded little creton named Scott?

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The problem with people like Lively is that they have a lot of influence in places like Uganda where their bile puts people's lives at risk.

That's why I said we must speak out against them. For us Scott Lively is a crazy nobody, but for them he is a respected expert in matters of morality. He purposely misleads them.

Here is a good video about what I think about Christianity. It is not about homosexuality but about the contradictions. This means that every religious Christian needs to read the Bible selectively, following only the parts he supports. And this may very well exclude the part "Thou shallst not kill":

Here's another anti-gay rainbow thingie just in time for World Cup season:

Russian Orthodox Priest Says Football Is Gay Because The Shoes Are Too Colorful

He went on to slam the colorful footwear of many of the players, likening it to wearing "women's panties or a bra," and suggesting that non-standard colors helped to promote the "gay rainbow."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/08/russian-priest-football-gay_n_5566881.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Here's another anti-gay rainbow thingie just in time for World Cup season:

Russian Orthodox Priest Says Football Is Gay Because The Shoes Are Too Colorful

He went on to slam the colorful footwear of many of the players, likening it to wearing "women's panties or a bra," and suggesting that non-standard colors helped to promote the "gay rainbow."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/08/russian-priest-football-gay_n_5566881.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

I almost spilled my beer! You should have really posted this in the Jokes section.

Here is another quote from this priest, from a newspaper linked to by the HuffPost:

"He added his disdain for the "unthinkable" hairstyles players were modelling."

And - wait for it - this is his hair- and beard style:

post-149547-0-15211900-1405001403_thumb.

'Nuff said. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by onthemoon
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

This is not the forum for debates with people pursuing a vicious anti-gay agenda.

Equating gays with pederasty is a classic angle of homophobes. Like Putin.
This is a gay forum, supposed to be a comfortable space for gay people,

Again, this is made clear above in POSTING HERE.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/14603-posting-here/

This is not the general forum. This is the gay forum.

Being the gay forum is not an invitation to obsessed anti-gay bigots to post endless FLAMES.

Gay people are not here on this forum to defend themselves from ATTACKS.

For one thing, such attacks are not welcome here.

Try some other place for that kind of sport (for those seeking that).

Others, I suggest not engaging with troll posts of that nature.

Because they shouldn't be here on the gay forum in the first place.

Edited by Jingthing

Posts removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

I would also make posters aware of this forum rule.........

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

I'm going to have to say that if you really new what the bible was about then you would have realised that Jesus said not and eye for and eye ... He teaches love your enemies turn the other check and so on ... In fact the old testament was living by the law and New Testament living by grave so you could have said Jews and Muslims follow them teachings, which might explain while there still killing each other or were you scared to mention the Muslims word .. But hay its ok to give a Christians a bad name but then Jesus did say we will be persecuted in his name and by following his teachings of love, just a shame man does not follow these teachings but act and say it is In His name when it not at all just mans greed and own selfish needs Edited by happydude303

I'm going to have to say that if you really new what the bible was about then you would have realised that Jesus said not and eye for and eye ... He teaches love your enemies turn the other check and so on ... In fact the old testament was living by the law and New Testament living by grave so you could have said Jews and Muslims follow them teachings, which might explain while there still killing each other or were you scared to mention the Muslims word .. But hay its ok to give a Christians a bad name but then Jesus did say we will be persecuted in his name and by following his teachings of love, just a shame man does not follow these teachings but act and say it is In His name when it not at all just mans greed and own selfish needs

I do know what the bible says, thank you very much. But the bible (yes, the lower-case "b" is on purpose) contains two totally contradictory books: the old testament and the new testament. I have never heard about any christian sect saying "we believe only in the new testament and renounce the old testament". I do not give christians a bad name as homophobes, but please listen to most christian priests: they preach homophobia and prove that this is what the bible says. I won't contradict them, I agree with them. The bible is indeed homophobic. Do you need quotes from the bible about that? Many christian website will carry them for you.

And I am not avoiding the Jews and Muslims, let alone being scared to mention them. I am just talking about the Christians. There is a difference between focus and avoidance.