regards Worgeordie

"Drizzle" all day yesterday and the same today I suspect,

the most miserable of rains,reminds one of too many dark,

dank days in the UK, one of the reasons I suspect ,so many

of us end up in Thailand.

Would much prefer a proper downpour,with the freshness in

the air after its ended.

regards Worgeordie

Gee you opened the thread with a complaint about no rain now you are complaining about it.

Next time you complain about the rain be specific as to the kind you want.tongue.png

"Drizzle" all day yesterday and the same today I suspect,

the most miserable of rains,reminds one of too many dark,

dank days in the UK, one of the reasons I suspect ,so many

of us end up in Thailand.

Would much prefer a proper downpour,with the freshness in

the air after its ended.

regards Worgeordie

Gee you opened the thread with a complaint about no rain now you are complaining about it.

Next time you complain about the rain be specific as to the kind you want.tongue.png

I want a proper downpour ,i was not complaining, just making an observation.

regards Worgeorie

• 2 weeks later...

Had to go back 7 pages to find this thread which I guess indicates how little rain we are getting. While Chiang Rai seems to be getting its share dams (Bhumibhol) Tak and (Sirilit) Ultradit are at 30% capacity with usable capacity at around 4%.Not that far from here as the crow flies. Worrying times for farmers.We have just had another passing shower at Hang Dong which has hardly laid the dust and I guess about 8 weeks of the usual defined rainy season left.

I have an explanation based on observations of previous years. My observations only count for the chiang mai area, but my theory would suggest a much wider area...

This year we had a lot more rain than usual in june, in fact it was very rainy for june. The last time this happened, it feels like about four years or so ago to me, we then had a relatively dry july and august, with full rainy season-style rains not coming to us until september. In other words if we get unusually high rains in june we get much less than normal at the start of the real rainy season (ie july and august in the north and down to bangkok), and only really get proper rain in the second half of the rainy season.

So perhaps it'll continue to be the way it is for another four weeks or so.

Edited by femi fan

I have an explanation based on observations of previous years. My observations only count for the chiang mai area, but my theory would suggest a much wider area...

This year we had a lot more rain than usual in june, in fact it was very rainy for june. The last time this happened, it feels like about four years or so ago to me, we then had a relatively dry july and august, with full rainy season-style rains not coming to us until september. In other words if we get unusually high rains in june we get much less than normal at the start of the real rainy season (ie july and august in the north and down to bangkok), and only really get proper rain in the second half of the rainy season.

So perhaps it'll continue to be the way it is for another four weeks or so.

I think your theory might have taken a little water on board.Its raining steadily in Hang Dong now and the skies opened up last night with hours of torrential rain. In our part of Hang Dong June was not above average according to my rain guage. I think the weather is impossibe to forecast, the Thai weather boys are rarely correct in their forecasting

• Like 1