40 yo and still no children and wife

expatsupreme

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having kids is really the most meaningful and fulfilling thing that can happen to anyone's life (in my opinion), i feel rather sorry for those people who don't.

Nah. Only if you are really feeling it. And only if you are prepared to really be there for your kids. For many of us there are dozens of other ways to get our fulfillment in life. For many of us having kids is so overrated. And so conventional. Nothing wrong with it, but one of the greatest aspects of the western mind, is the ability to make choices in life that are apart from the pre-set limitations and impositions that society has deemed necessary for us. Deciding to NOT have kids is chief amongst those decisions. For me, it was singularly the wisest, and best decision of this lifetime. Perhaps if I had wanted them, and had them earlier in life, it could have worked. But, at this stage of my life there is zero interest, and I am so comfortable with that wonderful decision. Kids are fine, but they are overrated.

Spidermike

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Having kids is really the most meaningful and fulfilling thing that can happen to anyone's life (in my opinion), i feel rather sorry for those people who don't.

Nah. Only if you are really feeling it. And only if you are prepared to really be there for your kids. For many of us there are dozens of other ways to get our fulfillment in life. For many of us having kids is so overrated. And so conventional. Nothing wrong with it, but one of the greatest aspects of the western mind, is the ability to make choices in life that are apart from the pre-set limitations and impositions that society has deemed necessary for us. Deciding to NOT have kids is chief amongst those decisions. For me, it was singularly the wisest, and best decision of this lifetime. Perhaps if I had wanted them, and had them earlier in life, it could have worked. But, at this stage of my life there is zero interest, and I am so comfortable with that wonderful decision. Kids are fine, but they are overrated.

Spidermike

I have experienced life without kids and life with kids - so I know both sides. You have only experienced one side-the one without kids, so not surprising you find it difficult to understand. :)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OK..

I was just kidding about the video game statement.

Sorry. sad.png

sadly I think you were not. which games are you playing BTW? Minecraft?

I like RPGs such as Skyrim. Love zombie shooters and RTS games like Age of Empires. I can play for hours so I really need to monitor the time I play my games.

I know a guy who would love to trade everything to be single again. He always say if he could turn back the clock, he would never ever get married and have kids. He still regrets today....

Your father?
Hmm....I didn't ask him. Good question! I'll ask him one day when chance permits.

The person I mentioned is a close relative of mine. Perhaps he has had too much disappointments in life- wife, kids & grandkids. He's a totally 100% committed husband and dad.

I have seen quite a number of people who regretted getting married and had kids too.

• Like 1

... Perhaps he has had too much disappointments in life- wife, kids & grandkids. He's a totally 100% committed husband and dad...

Disappointments are the result of expectations. That's not the point about becoming a family man - it's more like enslave yourself and prepare for an early grave (and enjoy...)
  • Like 1

You are a lucky, lucky man.

Please don't have children at 50. The chances of having a less than perfect child increase with age.

I don't have children, and the only regret I have is that I don't have someone to give my photo collection to, not a good reason to have a child.

If you MUST have a child, there are zillions of orphans wanting to be in a family.

The world already has too many people.

• Like 1

Sorry have not read all the posts but I will say that I am happy that I have a daughter and have been in love a few times in my life. It has cost me a ton of money but it has been a crazy ride and worth every cent. Currently have a Thai gf and another adventure is underway ... Life is great !

Spidermike

< but they are overrated.>

SOOOOOOOOO TRUE.

Few children I have met in the world are not ratbags, and when I was a child, the other children were for the most part little s***s.

Presently having problems with my wife's nephew, a ratbag of the highest order.

I must admit, if you are expecting and are disappointed that your kid doesn't turn out to be the president of the United States, then you are having kids for the wrong reasons

You should accept them for who they are regardless, since you decided to have them

There is no point and it's unfair , pushing your inadequacies or insecurities onto your kirs

I must admit, if you are expecting and are disappointed that your kid doesn't turn out to be the president of the United States, then you are having kids for the wrong reasons

You should accept them for who they are regardless, since you decided to have them

There is no point and it's unfair , pushing your inadequacies or insecurities onto your kirs

Not expecting the kids to be any high flyers. The least be filial. Not trying to scam the last cent from parents and ditch them. One can't imagine how hurt the parents are when they realised what their flesh and blood did. This is just one scenario.