90 day reporting 'fee'

LivinginKata

The run around. Clearly the astute Thai Immi Officer saw one coming.. You should have just cut to the front and showed up in trainers and jogging shorts to say..GIVE ME RUN AROUND.

I've made two trips for my ext of stay and that for a mate.. Both times the officers went right to the copy machine.. Take note they are using recycled form paper meaning the back sides are already printed on! Very professional and very accommodating, for most people!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just ask some related questions.

I am in the process of sorting a 1 year O-A long stay visa. Have never had one before.

Not in Thailand now I am in Sweden 3,5 month.

What do I need.to do when I get to Phuket and what do I need to bring (paperwork)the first time visiting Immigration there?

Thankful for advice

I am in the process of sorting a 1 year O-A long stay visa. Have never had one before.

What do I need.to do when I get to Phuket and what do I need to bring (paperwork)the first time visiting Immigration there?

Thankful for advice

You won't get a non-immigrant visa here in Thailand. You MUST apply for it in Sweden at the Thaiembassy, I assume in Stockholm. For a non-imm you will need ....

Non-Immigrant Visa O-A (Long Stay)

This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working.

Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.

Eligibility

1.1 Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application).

1.2 Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).

1.3 Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicants nationality or residence.

1.4 Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicants application is submitted.

1.5 Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535.

Required Documents

- Passport with validity of not less than 18 months.

- 3 copies of completed visa application forms.

- 3 passport-sized photos (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past six months.

- A personal data form.

- A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.

- In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required.

- A letter of verification issued from the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicants diplomatic or consular mission).

- A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tubercolosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis and Third Step of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicants diplomatic or consular mission).

- In the case where the accompanying spouse is not eligible to apply for the Category O-A (Long Stay) visa, he or she will be considered for temporary stay under Category O visa. A marriage certificate must be provided as evidence and should be notarised by notary organs or by the applicants diplomatic or consular mission.

Channels to submit application

Applicant may submit their application at the Royal Thai embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand located onGovernment Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889.

Visa fee

200 USD for multiple entries

Recommendations for foreigners with Non-Immigrant Visa O-A (Long Stay) while staying in the Kingdom

5.1 Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.

5.2 At the end of the 90-day stay , the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand. The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.

5.3 Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:

- A report form (Tor Mor 47).

- A copy of passport pages showing the foreigners photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp.

- A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgement.

- A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed.

Such documents must be sent to the Immigration Division 1, 120 Moo 3, Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period. A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.

5.4 Foreigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht. A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements.

I can't believe what's happening down south. In Chiang Rai we don't pay anything, we don't need a residency permit or any photo copies of any kind.

You give them your passport, they tap a few keyboard keys and give you a new departure card. They don't even ask you if your address is the same.

5 minutes, no fee, outta there!

Thankful for advice

You won't get a non-immigrant visa here in Thailand. You MUST apply for it in Sweden at the Thaiembassy, I assume in Stockholm. For a non-imm you will need ....

This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working.

Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.

Eligibility

1.1 Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application).

1.2 Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).

1.3 Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicants nationality or residence.

1.4 Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicants application is submitted.

1.5 Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535.

Required Documents

- 3 passport-sized photos (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past six months.

- A personal data form.

- A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.

- In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required.

- A letter of verification issued from the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicants diplomatic or consular mission).

- A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tubercolosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis and Third Step of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicants diplomatic or consular mission).

- In the case where the accompanying spouse is not eligible to apply for the Category O-A (Long Stay) visa, he or she will be considered for temporary stay under Category O visa. A marriage certificate must be provided as evidence and should be notarised by notary organs or by the applicants diplomatic or consular mission.

Applicant may submit their application at the Royal Thai embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand located onGovernment Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889.

Visa fee

Recommendations for foreigners with Non-Immigrant Visa O-A (Long Stay) while staying in the Kingdom

5.1 Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.

5.2 At the end of the 90-day stay , the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand. The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.

5.3 Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:

- A copy of passport pages showing the foreigners photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp.

Such documents must be sent to the Immigration Division 1, 120 Moo 3, Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period. A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.

5.4 Foreigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht. A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements.

Thank you for taking time for a long replay with a lot of info.

But as I say i my post I'm in Sweden now sorting my visa.

Just waiting for my criminal record, have all other paperwork for my visa sorted.

What I want to know is all practical stuff about the first time I have to visit Immigration after 90 days in Thailand. What do I need to bring and any thing ells I should think about.

It is a long list of stuff to bring when you do it by mail, but if I will go in person,what then?

Just waiting for my criminal record, have all other paperwork for my visa sorted.

What I want to know is all practical stuff about the first time I have to visit Immigration after 90 days in Thailand. What do I need to bring and any thing ells I should think about.

It is a long list of stuff to bring when you do it by mail, but if I will go in person,what then?

Maybe you would be better asking this question in the Visa Forum ---> http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/ . This topic is regarding the 90 day reporting procedure for folks already holding a one year extension.

But just to be helpful, as already explained the procedure is ...

I guess the easy answer to that question (without all the official words) would be - I assume if you go in person then you just take your passport, they print out the form, you sign, they clip a tear off from that in your passport. That's what I do.

I can't believe what's happening down south. In Chiang Rai we don't pay anything, we don't need a residency permit or any photo copies of any kind.

You give them your passport, they tap a few keyboard keys and give you a new departure card. They don't even ask you if your address is the same.

Residency Certificate is required for the purchase of motorbike or car, nothing to do with 90-day reporting. Probably the same in Chiang Rai.

And they surely do not give you a new departure card (TM-card) but just the 90-day reporting slip stapled onto the last page of your passport.

The 100 Baht service fee is charged in Patong office only. At the Immigration head office in Phuket Town it is (still) free.

Patong charges 500 Baht for Residency Certificate whereas it is 300 Baht in Phuket Town.

But apart from that consider yourself lucky living in beautiful Chiang Rai. Can't wait to retire there. Last time I was there two years ago: Fried rice chicken with fried egg on top 30 Baht, have a -decent- haircut 50 Baht, in the evening a huge tasty schnitzel at Rico's 120 Baht and had some dents in my car fixed including spray painting (10,000 Baht quoted in Phuket) for 3,500 Baht.

Many of us actually have families here… And I don't put up with it. I've always know there were scams at Patong Immigration, so I don't go there. I only deal with Phuket Immigration, they give me a receipt for everything I do. I still don't have any problems with my visa extensions...

Make a family with a bargirl!? well well it's always interesting listen to the chatter when these families come and make extension together at immigration it's not really many positives tones, they don't really like us here..

Piss Off! Unbelievable! Do you know me? NO! Do you know my wife or her family? NO! We were married in California, as if it is any of your lame assed business! I already had my non immigrant visa long before I met my wonderful wife. Get a life as it seems you don't have one! I doubt you'll ever find even a GF that you won't pay to go away at the end of the night or morning here or anywhere else with an attitude like yours… Good luck with your buying a condo to acquire a long stay visa. Best way to lose money in Thailand, next to your bar girlfriends… jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

Read it again, the poster was rejecting the option of marriage for a visa.

Residency Certificate is required for the purchase of motorbike or car, nothing to do with 90-day reporting. Probably the same in Chiang Rai.

And they surely do not give you a new departure card (TM-card) but just the 90-day reporting slip stapled onto the last page of your passport.

The 100 Baht service fee is charged in Patong office only. At the Immigration head office in Phuket Town it is (still) free.

Patong charges 500 Baht for Residency Certificate whereas it is 300 Baht in Phuket Town.

But apart from that consider yourself lucky living in beautiful Chiang Rai. Can't wait to retire there. Last time I was there two years ago: Fried rice chicken with fried egg on top 30 Baht, have a -decent- haircut 50 Baht, in the evening a huge tasty schnitzel at Rico's 120 Baht and had some dents in my car fixed including spray painting (10,000 Baht quoted in Phuket) for 3,500 Baht.

Yes, you're right it is not a new departure card. I guess I mixed it up because it sort of replaces the original card.

As for Residency Certificate the people reporting are saying they are needed and charged for. Two years ago I had to show photocopies of my lease but no Permit. Now nothing.

Ricos has moved down the street into a building without the original ambience.

Thankful for advice

Here's a tip: When you arrive a Thailand with your O-A visa, make absolutely sure they give you a one year stamp in your passport. Some of these officers at the arrivals desks don't realise that an O-A visa entitles you to a one year stay.

If they give you only a 3 months stamp, don't move, insist you want 12 months and it should be sorted out. Otherwise you'll have to go to immigration in Bangkok and get them to sort it out. There used to be a room there specifically for fixing problems caused at the airport.

I guess the easy answer to that question (without all the official words) would be - I assume if you go in person then you just take your passport, they print out the form, you sign, they clip a tear off from that in your passport. That's what I do.

Thank you very much, thats what I wanted to know clap2.gif

Thankful for advice

Here's a tip: When you arrive a Thailand with your O-A visa, make absolutely sure they give you a one year stamp in your passport. Some of these officers at the arrivals desks don't realise that an O-A visa entitles you to a one year stay.

If they give you only a 3 months stamp, don't move, insist you want 12 months and it should be sorted out. Otherwise you'll have to go to immigration in Bangkok and get them to sort it out. There used to be a room there specifically for fixing problems caused at the airport.

Thanks, that good advise thumbsup.gif

I'll ask for 12 moth when I hand over my passport to avoid any problems with that

Thankful for advice

Eligibility

Required Documents

- A personal data form.

Visa fee

Most likely you will need you passport, of course, a copy of your passport ID page, a copy of your departure card and a copy of your visa page as you don't already have a 90 day report filed with immigration. You will also have to sign the new form that you understand you can be blacklisted from entering Thailand if you overstay your visa. Now that the reporting system is computerized , once you're in the system, they just scan the barcode or type in your ID number that is on your 90 day report form and print out a new one and then sign and stamp it. Thai immigration loves their rubber stamps!

• 2 weeks later...

Thankful for advice

Good tip!

Always check your stamps. It's not such an issue at big international airports, however particularly at small land crossings I have experienced incorrectly dated stamps approximately 1 out of 10 times.

Always check your stamps carefully.

Edited by 96tehtarp

So what happens if you mail in your 90 day report? Do they bill you the 40 baht or return your application with a note to inclose the 40 baht?

I think you're joking but, if not, I don't think they would want to leave a paper trail of the corrupt 40 baht fee request. Just like if you ask for a receipt, they won't give it as it would be proof of corruption. IMHO, of course.

Recently (early August) I renewed my yearly retirement extension for the 7th time. By inference, during the past 7 years I've done my 90 day report countless times. Never have I been asked for any form of 'extra payment', and accepting that certain times will be more busy than others, have had no complaints with the service at Phuket Town.

The 90-day reporting 100 Baht 'service fee' is charged in the Patong office only and only recently. Have done reporting there a couple of times since they re-opened and was only charged this month for the first time. There is a new relatively young male officer who seems to have implemented this practice and sort of put himself in charge of it. Be prepared to pay 500 Baht for a Residency Certificate now (no receipt).

• 2 weeks later...

Went to do my 90 day report and the sweet young lady that prints the document, stamps it and puts it in your passport asked for 100 tbht fee. I looked shocked and said, while fumbling in my pocket, that I had never paid in 4 years (Pinocchio moment). I produced a crumpled 50 and 2 x 20 notes and said that was all I had as it was raining so much and I didn't want the money to get wet.... She smiled and gave it back to me and said.... Pay next time....

The 90-day reporting 100 Baht 'service fee' is charged in the Patong office only and only recently. Have done reporting there a couple of times since they re-opened and was only charged this month for the first time. There is a new relatively young male officer who seems to have implemented this practice and sort of put himself in charge of it. Be prepared to pay 500 Baht for a Residency Certificate now (no receipt).

Ask for a receipt if you have to pay the 100 baht for 90 day reporting or Certificate of Residence.

Ask for a receipt if you have to pay the 100 baht for 90 day reporting or Certificate of Residence.

it doesn't matter, if you don't pay they wont give whatever extension/report you want!

I did ask for a receipt and was simply told: no receipt issued for these particular "services".

I think their reasoning is that most - if not all - people visiting Patong Immigration do so to avoid a one to two hour trip to Phuket Town saving on transportation costs in the process, so a 100 Baht 90-day reporting fee is actually a good "deal". Even paying 300 Baht more for a Residency Certificate will be worth it for many who live in Patong, Kamala, Karon etc.

If you refuse to hand over money that the officers are not entitled to you have the alternative to visit Phuket Town. I will next time.

<snip>

If you refuse to hand over money that the officers are not entitled to you have the alternative to visit Phuket Town. I will next time.

I am not so sure they will refuse to hand over the finished documents. I just refused to pay and walked away with my new 90 day report. Maybe they are now demanding payment in advance ?

• Like 1

<snip>

I am not so sure they will refuse to hand over the finished documents. I just refused to pay and walked away with my new 90 day report. Maybe they are now demanding payment in advance ?

Please see my experience.. when challenged it seems they crumble. Aaaah well lets see what happens in December.