90 day reporting 'fee'

LivinginKata

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went over there (Patong immigration office) today - 2 days after complaining in advance to NCPO :D

They didn't ask me for money. I went inside, said I was reporting, they did the paperwork and everything was over in 2 minutes.

Looks like everything is 'gravy in the navy' from now on ;)

Last week I was in and out of Phuket Town Immigration in about 5 minutes. No fee.

The girl doing the 90 day reports was a very efficient, very fast typist. And she smiled.

I'd have been out a minute sooner but for the slowest printer in S.E. Asia printing the 90 day slip.

I went over there (Patong immigration office) today - 2 days after complaining in advance to NCPO biggrin.png

They didn't ask me for money. I went inside, said I was reporting, they did the paperwork and everything was over in 2 minutes.

Looks like everything is 'gravy in the navy' from now on wink.png

extension of a tourist visa would be interesting...

falkan, on 26 Aug 2014 - 19:12, said:snapback.png

yesterday's price for getting your tourist visa extended was 2100 baht, if don't comply you will be called into office and asked to pay or leave =)

The price is/was 1,900 baht. Are you saying they are demanding 200 baht extra ?

@LivingKata

I can confirm that I was asked for 2100 baht at the Patong immiration the other day, for the 1 months 1900 baht extension. I have the receipt and it says 1900 baht. I did not say anything since it felt like it was not worth the trouble/risk and I felt like it would not change much anyways.

The person before also paid 200 baht extra for the "service fee"...

Edited by Thanku2

• 2 weeks later...

Friend of mine did 90-day reporting in Patong last week. I told him to be prepared to pay a 100 Baht service fee. He assured me he would refuse to pay and stand his ground. Knowing him I know he would, so in the end it was a little bit 'disappointing' that they did not ask him for money at all. Apparently still a hit-and-miss.

yesterday's price for getting your tourist visa extended was 2100 baht, if don't comply you will be called into office and asked to pay or leave =)

@LivingKata

I can confirm that I was asked for 2100 baht at the Patong immiration the other day, for the 1 months 1900 baht extension. I have the receipt and it says 1900 baht. I did not say anything since it felt like it was not worth the trouble/risk and I felt like it would not change much anyways.

Any other experiences about this extortion? Is it also happening at Phuket Town Immigration?

@LivingKata

Any other experiences about this extortion? Is it also happening at Phuket Town Immigration?

I don't have experience with patong office but Phuket town immigration never asked for any extra's except for the 1900 Baht fee.

@LivingKata

I don't have experience with patong office but Phuket town immigration never asked for any extra's except for the 1900 Baht fee.

)

About 10 years ago I was asked for a tip - but that was because:

(A.) I gave him 2 x 1,000 baht notes for the 1,900 baht extension, and

(B.) the girl sitting next to him completed the Re-Entry Permit for me, so I felt "obliged". rolleyes.gif

I let him keep the change.

Slighly off-topic..., is Immigration open tomorrow - Friday 3rd?

I need an Address Certificate, so will have to grit my teeth when he asks for 300 baht. dry.png

(B.) the girl sitting next to him completed the Re-Entry Permit for me, so I felt "obliged". rolleyes.gif

I need an Address Certificate, so will have to grit my teeth when he asks for 300 baht. dry.png

Yes Immigration is open on Friday 3 October.

Yes Immigration is open on Friday 3 October.

Thanks. Stuck in a clinic in Phuket town at the moment with torrential rain outside. Looks like it's set in for the day. sad.png

90 day report based on retirement can be done up to 14 days in advance or 7 days post? Is this correct?

Is there anywhere to park a car within 200 meters of the Patong office?

Edited by Shot

90 day report based on retirement can be done up to 14 days in advance or 7 days post? Is this correct?

Is there anywhere to park a car within 200 meters of the Patong office?

I think it's 10 days before and 7 days after.

Best park the car on the beach road just before the Bangla Road end and walk along to the immigration office. I've never had any problem parking there.

• Like 1

This is correct, All 90 day reporting can be done 14 day before and 7 day after the reporting date.

• Like 1

I'm not on a retirement visa, but, out of interest, do you have to "report" to the nearest office to your officially stated residence, or can you report to any Immigration Office in Thailand?

Can a member on a retirement visa provide a reply to my question?

As far as I know folks on a one year extension can make the 90 day reporting at any immigration office.

I'm not on a retirement visa, but, out of interest, do you have to "report" to the nearest office to your officially stated residence, or can you report to any Immigration Office in Thailand?

As far as I know folks on a one year extension can make the 90 day reporting at any immigration office.

Thanks. What is the official punishment for not reporting within the 90 days?

Shot at dawn for a week!!!!

• You must provide the correct address to Thai Immigration when you are in Thailand. The address at which you reside must be the same as the one you gave to immigration. Failing to do this will result in a penalty to a maximum of 5,000 Baht or 200 Baht a day for everyday until your notification has been corrected.
  • Should you move from your current address which Thai Immigration has, you have to report your change of address within 24 hours or face a penalty of 200 Baht a day for every day until it is corrected.
  • Should you stay in Thailand for 90 days, you have to report to Immigration. If you fail to do your 90 day reporting, the penalty is a maximum fine of 5,000 Baht or 200 baht a day until it has been corrected.

http://www.thailand-immigration.org/thailand-immigration-basic-rules.html