Why some Thais like to show eu flag on lincence plate?

Sandman77

Could be the wife likes to show others her husband is a ferang.

Wife wanted to do the same on our car, but I said no way I want to be targetted as a ferang driver, lets hit him he'll have money.

Let them discover dont advertise the fact is my motto.

• Like 1

Wife wanted to do the same on our car, but I said no way I want to be targetted as a ferang driver, lets hit him he'll have money.

Naah my Mrs bought me a holder for my car and it had the playboy bunny on it with the words playboy, if we are going down the road of thinking of reasons why they would buy certain types of holders, what is my Mrs trying to say ?..... I can have a mia noi ? :lol:

Why would she want to do that?

My wife insisted we stick a "I love the king" sticker on ours to prevent damage/theft. I stuck a Scottish flag on the back but.

• Like 1

Sandy ... please stop now, I say this as a friend.

Let the Legend live on.

I see straws ... clutching ...

Go back to the Village and write original content from there.

Sandy the legend lives on.

847.gif

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

I guess it's s status thing? The Thais like status so that would be my best bet.

Everyone likes a bit of status.

They are posh plates. In OZ, they transport departments even charge a premium for them. Your US style number plates are the cheapest. The EU inspired ones are the most expensive.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_h3zPEoKhop0/SyZdlVkd-9I/AAAAAAAABv8/qhNtbRLmsOw/s400/white-euro-plates-vic-roads.jpg

Edited by samran

Offtopic, but am i the only one to notice that this (supposedly Swissy ;) ) is posting various Topic but not posting anything in the topic afterwards?

Just wondering, however I have to agree that his language skills are "phenomenal" :D

:wai:

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

• Like 1

Offtopic, but am i the only one to notice that this (supposedly Swissy ) is posting various Topic but not posting anything in the topic afterwards?

Quite often, Sandman gets dissed so bad in the first dozen responses that I wouldn't come back, either. I kind of like his bent on things. I often disagree with him, but seldom find his stuff offensive.

5555, but I doubt he understands half of it, or he does and is a very good Troll ;)

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

• Like 1

I once saw a thai car magazine with a review of a mercedes that had clearly been lifted from a german car magazine. So the car in the photos had DE plates. I've always assumed people therefore associate a DE plate with desirable cars, hence think it's a good idea to but one on their nissan march. Not sure about the TH variation though.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just asked the GF as she has the Euro flag with DE underneath, told me her original holder was damaged so she bought a new holder for 300 Baht. Why that holder I asked...cos I liked it alt=whistling.gif>

Oh, that's a relief (for me anyway)

I thought you were going to say that she said that it wasn't actually her car but it belonged to her brother Hans.

Glad she didn't..............................tongue.png

• Like 1

My wife insisted we stick a "I love the king" sticker on ours to prevent damage/theft. I stuck a Scottish flag on the back but.

I bet that worked well. I mean, it's known universally how tight the sweaty socks are and even the Thais would know you'd have at most 50 satang rolling around in there. lol

Why would she want to do that?

My wife picked one sticker and I picked the other one, I wanted a Thai one also but she said it wouldn't match the car.

24niovp.jpg

My wife picked one sticker and I picked the other one, I wanted a Thai one also but she said it wouldn't match the car.

24niovp.jpg

Wow. But why are the two white lines across the car in parallel? Should they not be arranged diagonally?

• Like 2

24niovp.jpg

Wow. But why are the two white lines across the car in parallel? Should they not be arranged diagonally?

That's what happens if you do not move when they are painting lines on the road.

Ahh.. now I understand, this is simply a deterrent to other people parking their car on top of one's precious vehicle. w00t.gif

• Like 2

because yoorupe is cool!!1

as samran said these are all popular in Australia where people gladly part with $100 a year to put on their Asian built Toyota Camry.

An Aussie guy had personalized number plates that said 'void'.

They worked it out that everytime this guy got a speeding fine, they wrote void, thus voiding his ticket. In the end they made him change the plate.