Pattaya To Protect Violence On Foreigners

Rimmer

Pattaya To Protect Violence On Foreigners

224.jpg
PATTAYA – July 9, 2014 [PDN];- Mr.Ronnakit Aekasing-deputy mayor of Pattaya- had welcomed VADM.Rengrit Boonsongprasert-chief of Sattahip Navy base-, Pol.Col.Suppatee Boonkrong-deputy superintendent of Pattaya police station- and Mr.Sakchai Tang-Ho-chief district of Bang Lamung- who all chaired the opening ceremony for the protection and security conference among Pattaya operators at Pattaya City Hall.

VADM.Rengrit said that previously violence towards foreigners had been widely spread on social media sites and these images had undermined the good image of tourism in Thailand.

In addition the NCPO had ordered to control the operators especially in Pattaya. The operators had directly affected the tourism therefore the violence was unacceptable. They also added that they need to understand the various cultures of each tourist because it’s not the same as Thai culture.

Pol.Col.Suppatee said that there had been violence towards foreigners, plus some operators had exploited foreigners. The officers need to solve these problems

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/07/10/pattaya-to-protect-violence-on-foreigners/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-07-10

• Like 1

In addition the NCPO had ordered to control the operators especially in Pattaya. The operators had directly affected the tourism therefore the violence was unacceptable. They also added that they need to understand the various cultures of each tourist because it’s not the same as Thai culture.

It is the tourist's duty to understand Thainess, so what is this gobldey goop?

The tourist needs to learn to adapt to the Thai thinking.

Tip to enforcers ... dedicated tourism "politeness" monitors at the baht bus queue at South Pattaya Road going to Jomtien. As I've noted before that becomes a cauldron of rudeness and sometimes even violence during the high season.

• Like 1

They need to do something as there is not many tourist left,Violence certainly goes with Pattayas image and needs to be stopped if they want the tourist industry to remain, if not pattaya will become a ghost town 12 months a year.

• Like 1

It is the tourist's duty to understand Thainess, so what is this gobldey goop?

The tourist needs to learn to adapt to the Thai thinking.

Tourists are guests. Thailand is the host. Thai thinking should adapt to something called national pride. Maybe tourists should just go to Malaysia ... huh?

for the protection and security conference among Pattaya operators at Pattaya City Hall.

In addition the NCPO had ordered to control the operators especially in Pattaya. The operators had directly affected the tourism therefore the violence was unacceptable. They also added that they (the operators) need to understand the various cultures of each tourist because it’s not the same as Thai culture.

Pol.Col.Suppatee said that there had been violence towards foreigners, plus some operators had exploited foreigners.

Who are these operators and what are they operating on? Are these operations officially sanctioned, certified and countersigned? Are the operators using operatives to operate the operations and are these operatives qualified?

Tip to enforcers ... dedicated tourism "politeness" monitors at the baht bus queue at South Pattaya Road going to Jomtien. As I've noted before that becomes a cauldron of rudeness and sometimes even violence during the high season.

My thoughts exactly. Day before yesterday I watched as the baht bus drivers yelled and poked at people to scrunch closer in the back of truck before it left. Their greed to stuff as many sardines into the can was not only rude, but unsafe. The rear of the truck was just about touching the street after four more hangers-on completed the load. I watched and walked.

There is a hat wearing, Thai lady there that is the epitome of hate and venom. She yells, make faces and aims rude remarks towards foreigners that ignore her demands. She truely needs "help".

The Second Road/Pattaya Tai (South Road) Songtaew stop for trucks going to Jomtien is a powder keg waiting for the right match to arrive. More than once, I have gotten off and walked a block to catch a less crowded, more cordial baht bus.

This mob of drivers seems to believe that the changes taking place will not affect them. I believe it's just a matter of time before the Marines arrive.

I keep thinking that they are dealing with Phuket right now and will eventually move on to other areas. I am hoping Pattaya and Samui, Hua Hin will be soon on the list. Why would they stop at Phuket?

@IAMSOBAD - run out of "like"s yet? ;)

I agree with @Pralaad partially. Public transport in Pattaya is ahead of many other places in Thailand, I never had any complains there and I spent a LOT of time there in the past and still come for a visit once in a while. I think some people are just too sensitive. It def not better than BKK but ways ahead of Phuket. Not sure why you even compared BKK to Phuket public transportation??

City of any size (Pattaya including) could benefit from metered taxis, they just need to be adjusted properly to reflect the particular city size.

My thoughts exactly. Day before yesterday I watched as the baht bus drivers yelled and poked at people to scrunch closer in the back of truck before it left. Their greed to stuff as many sardines into the can was not only rude, but unsafe. The rear of the truck was just about touching the street after four more hangers-on completed the load. I watched and walked.

There is a hat wearing, Thai lady there that is the epitome of hate and venom. She yells, make faces and aims rude remarks towards foreigners that ignore her demands. She truely needs "help".

The Second Road/Pattaya Tai (South Road) Songtaew stop for trucks going to Jomtien is a powder keg waiting for the right match to arrive. More than once, I have gotten off and walked a block to catch a less crowded, more cordial baht bus.

This mob of drivers seems to believe that the changes taking place will not affect them. I believe it's just a matter of time before the Marines arrive.

I too walk a short way along the road and wave at passing Baht buses. Rarely do I have to wait more than a couple of minutes.

Joining the queue for a bus seems like madness and they make you wait for quite a few minutes more often than not until the bus is overcrowded before they set off.

• Like 1

@IAMSOBAD - run out of "like"s yet? wink.png

I agree with @Pralaad partially. Public transport in Pattaya is ahead of many other places in Thailand, I never had any complains there and I spent a LOT of time there in the past and still come for a visit once in a while. I think some people are just too sensitive. It def not better than BKK but ways ahead of Phuket. Not sure why you even compared BKK to Phuket public transportation??

City of any size (Pattaya including) could benefit from metered taxis, they just need to be adjusted properly to reflect the particular city size.

If metered taxi's are adjusted to say 50 baht when you jump in, rest assured same people will be complaining about being over priced.

Yes i do believe Pattaya system is even better than BKK, because motorcycle taxi's are cheaper, baht buses are easy to understand and run regularly.

Baht buses are open as oppose to green buses in BKK without air con, humid and hot and hard to know or understand where each one goes(unless you speak very good Thai or know the number you need

The only advantage in BKK is BTS, sadly its limited to certain locations.

Try getting to Kaosan road by public transport, putting aside the money and changing involved, it will take you half a day.