Cultural course: last opportunity for this year

Yes, I went all the way to Bangkok to register for the cultural course and suffered sleeping on the night train. The Teacher Council organizes again the cultural course and has set two dates:

- 6, 7 and 8 August (two batches of a 40 persons each)

- 18,19 and 20 August

You can register from the 7th till the 21st of July at the TCT with the application form, equired copies of degree, paspsort and workpermit and 5,000 baht. You must do it in person. (Maybe someone else can do it for you but you cannot do it by mail).

Yes, I know since the 7th and it is now the 10th. I just wanted to register myself first before telling others.

For more info go here: http://news.ksp.or.th/fn_training/R2/fn_trainingR2EN.pdf

When I was there the teachers council told me these two opportunities will be the last for this year. After that they will change the cultural course and change the rules for getting a teaching licence and start with the new course format next year.

Because of that they give priority to persons that have a degree in education, so they can quickly get their teaching licence before the rule will change.

• Like 2

Total imbeciles run that place. They said if I want to teach again I have to take a culture course after living here for 20 years and teaching for 13 years. Idiots the lot of them.

If you have proof of teaching prior to 2003 - 4 then you would be grandfathered in for a teaching license.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Preacher... did they give you ANY IDEA of the new regs etc

Sorry I was tired form having trying to sleep on the night train and in a hurry to catch the bus back home before the grand exodus started. barley made it in time abd had the last seat on the bus home, after trying 3 other companies. Wasn't in much conversational mood.

But the fact that they give priority to people with educational degrees suggests the requirements will be stricter.

If you want to register for the course, take your educational degree or proof that you are studying with you. Without it they might deny you, they almost denied me. But I convinced them I had a teaching licence from my own country. (Which I have, as it comes automatically with my master degree).

If you have a teaching license I presume your masters is in education therefore once you have done the culture course you should get a teaching license .. I did my culture course 4 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

The TCC was a crock of shit designed to line the pockets of some in the MOE.

Absurdly useless to those who've spent more than a few months in LOS.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Nope, not necessarily true. I've seen foreign "teachers" sitting on Thai teachers desks, with their fat bum.

Then guys sitting there and pointing at people with their feet up in the air.

And last, but not least the superteachers who worked for a well -known agency, who started a fight, while cops and Thais were amused watching them.

And Jon and Lee who were so drunk, caused an accident with their motorbike with students on a scooter from the school they'd worked at.

Some people do need such a course how to behave.

• 2 weeks later...

"You can register from the 7th till the 21st of July at the TCT with the application form, equired copies of degree, paspsort and workpermit and 5,000 baht. You must do it in person."

Hi Preacher.

When and how did you find out about this? Was "register from the 7th till the 21st of July" posted on their website?

As if the TCC is going to help with that behavior. Get real!

They have the power to do so as they can suspend or revoke a teaching license. But you have to report misconduct to the TCT, so they can investigate and reporting miscunduct is not done by the schools I know.

"You can register from the 7th till the 21st of July at the TCT with the application form, equired copies of degree, paspsort and workpermit and 5,000 baht. You must do it in person."

Hi Preacher.

When and how did you find out about this? Was "register from the 7th till the 21st of July" posted on their website?

Yes, it was posted on their webiste as an announcement and they gave a link to download the form to register. But they told me this would be the last training for this year and it seems that now only the TCT itself gives the training. Before there were a few other institutions giving the course, but no more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Total imbeciles run that place. They said if I want to teach again I have to take a culture course after living here for 20 years and teaching for 13 years. Idiots the lot of them.

It's a requirement for teaching throughout the country but they only offer the course in BKK? That's why I teach in private, commerical schools. I really don't want to deal with MoE and it's bureaucratic stupidity. And I'm the same. Speak, read, and write Thai reasonably, live in both city and the rural areas (where I am the only farang), attend a Thai Buddhist wat regularly, I've studied the history, and I'm married to a Thai National for 6 years. Been here over 7 years and have taught full-time for 3 years. I understand the culture. It's not worth the hassle to teach in the educational system here P1 through M6. If I had to teach school kids, I'd go to China or Japan.

Edited by connda