Starbucks looks to 400 outlets in Thailand

webfact

Starbucks tried to go big time in Oz but we know what good espresso tastes like as pretty much every shop that sells food sells espresso coffee. A few years after they arrived they closed up several hundred shops and left with their tail between their legs. Even McDonald's makes better coffee in Australia.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No one store operated downtown Melbourne for a while just very recently the business has been sold off aparently there retaining the Starbuck livery, might be hiso in Thailand and other places but you can get a better take away anything from a take away shop here, the asians and mostly students as you would expect keep the place going because not many aussie can drink that muck.

Thank you so much for another edition of the highly-acclaimed, much-anticipated Melbourne Report, though it might have mentioned the difficulties poor aussies encounter when attempting to order at Starbucks.

Having digested that critical tidbit, are we back to regular programming and the opening of 200 new Starbucks outlets in, of all places, Thailand?

As a fellow SBUX customer, I can well recognize and appreciate your aggressive posts on this matter!

I get that uptight feeling myself on weekends when they open an hour late!!

Cheers

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't "HATE" Starbucks. We despise an inferior product.

I am a guy who knows one or two things about coffee.

I am always interested to learn more from someone that knows three or four things about coffee.

What qualities, or lack thereof, do you consider makes SBUX coffees inferior?

Are your experiences from SBUX in Thailand or elsewhere?

I appreciate your insight.

I am always interested to learn more from someone that knows three or four things about coffee.

all about the beans...

I believe when it comes to coffee & Australians...it is a matter of a more European taste for coffee mostly about espresso's but I am not Australian so I am probably wrong.

Starbucks is more of a North American style of coffee..more milk & sugar & all the sweet Frappuccino,etc. drinks.

Although I don't drink espresso myself I am a Americano coffee drinker I don't consider myself a coffee connoisseur but have read several books on the history of coffee so I too am interested in knowing more about coffee.

At home I make fresh ground coffee in a french press & try to buy the best quality arabica coffee beans I see.

My biggest complaint myself of Starbucks is the lack of choice...usually there are only 3 blends I believe..

I would want to go to a coffee shop & taste different coffees from different growing areas( countries).

But i do go to Starbucks many times..not all the time..I enjoy the music,newspaper, usually decent chairs & other reasons.Coffee appears decent enough for my tastes.

I think Starbucks suits Thailand as the Thai are a recent market for coffee.

I rarely see Thai drink a hot coffee...not saying they don't...I just haven't noticed it..I think they go for the cold sweet coffee & ice.

• Like 1

all about the beans...

I believe when it comes to coffee & Australians...it is a matter of a more European taste for coffee mostly about espresso's but I am not Australian so I am probably wrong.

Starbucks is more of a North American style of coffee..more milk & sugar & all the sweet Frappuccino,etc. drinks.

Although I don't drink espresso myself I am a Americano coffee drinker I don't consider myself a coffee connoisseur but have read several books on the history of coffee so I too am interested in knowing more about coffee.

At home I make fresh ground coffee in a french press & try to buy the best quality arabica coffee beans I see.

My biggest complaint myself of Starbucks is the lack of choice...usually there are only 3 blends I believe..

I would want to go to a coffee shop & taste different coffees from different growing areas( countries).

But i do go to Starbucks many times..not all the time..I enjoy the music,newspaper, usually decent chairs & other reasons.Coffee appears decent enough for my tastes.

I think Starbucks suits Thailand as the Thai are a recent market for coffee.

I rarely see Thai drink a hot coffee...not saying they don't...I just haven't noticed it..I think they go for the cold sweet coffee & ice.

Arabica beans are the best aren't they. Even if you get stuck and have to buy an unknown brand as long as they are fresh 1st or 2nd class Arabica you will get a decent brew.