Thailand and You - is it Home to you?

David48

Thailand and You - is it Home to you?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thailand and You - is it a Holiday or a Home to you?

Here is a Friday Poll for you.

Just a bit of harmless Fun.

Honesty is appreciated.

• You and Thailand … is it a Holiday or a Home to you?
  • Pick the options which is closest to your current situation.
  • You can choose more then one option.
  • It’s private, so your choices won’t be visible to others (encourages honesty)
  • Feel free to describe more exactly how much Thailand is a home for you.

Most of all … have a good week-end.

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

might be my home but doesnt mean i have to "love" Thai people or culture.............just to put a downer on things tongue.png

kannot ... never failing to dissapoint ... laugh.png

I appreciated the light-heartedness of your comment.

Great replies above ... thumbsup.gif

might be my home but doesnt mean i have to "love" Thai people or culture.............just to put a downer on things tongue.png

kannot ... never failing to dissapoint ... laugh.png

I appreciated the light-heartedness of your comment.

Great replies above ... thumbsup.gif

its yer avatar that lightens me up.....boy they are cute!!!

Is that really you David? or has the CIA hacked your account again?

My home is Thailand but I presently live in exile. Its a long story, I wont bore you with the detail.

Wheres this country "Exile" is it like "exit" or is that the "final destination"??blink.png

I must apologise for my prolific posting but................its raining here in Southampt ooopps Hua Hin

Edited by kannot

My home is Thailand but I presently live in exile. Its a long story, I wont bore you with the detail.

You're not in Dubai are you, ND?

Wheres this country "Exile" is it like "exit" or is that the "final destination"??blink.png

I must apologise for my prolific posting but................its raining here in Southampt ooopps Hua Hin

I could give you more information, but then I would have to kill you kannie. or is that kannienot?

I could give you more information, but then I would have to kill you kannie. or is that kannienot?

Youd be doing me and "banzai 99" ( is that a crazy exploding ice cream?) a favour I reckonw00t.gif

• Like 1

You're not in Dubai are you, ND?

No, Abu Dhabi, the locals ran me out of Dubai, for some reason. I seem to have this problem whereever I go. :(

• Like 1

I heard that Dubai is quite hot this time of year ND, or are you in Montenegro at present? laugh.png

My home is Thailand now, but still have stuff back in the West - never, say never

Edited by mrtoad

I heard that Dubai is quite hot this time of year ND, or are you in Montenegro at present? laugh.png

My home is Thailand now, but still have stuff back in the West - never, say never

Its always a good thing to have a back-up plan MrToad. People without backup plans are being careless, nobody knows the future.

As to your questions, Yes its hot, I said Dubai not Dublin. ;)

How can it be home when you cannot as a foreigner have your own home here? It is home to my kids though - of a sort - but not the same sort as a home would be were I Thai. But then ?I suppose it all depends on your definition. If it's wherever I lay my hat and coat, that may from time to time be the toilet cubicle form time to time, so I prefer a more long lasting and emotional attachment to my definition.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

whistling.gif I basically live in Thailand ..... but my origin is in the U.S.A. and I still visit there roughly annually.

I have brothers and a sister there, nice to see they are still alive at least once a year. usually in the summers, winters are to cold for an old man now.

But to live in the U.S ...... no I couldn't do that on a long term basis.

Point of context here ..... I've lived and worked in about a dozen different countries in my life.

I retired to Thailand in 2010, and I guess that's now my "home". But frankly, anywhere I can find a place to stash my suitcase is what I'll call "home" as long as they will let me stay there.

wai.gif

Yep ... it's me.

Sometimes left field, sometimes mainstream, now and for ever a Father ... facepalm.gif

Answered none. Been here a long time and have kids who are Thai citizens. Have a house and land and a job. Go 'home' about once every 5 years. Probably more in the future because of funerals.

When I get Thai citizenship, I still will probably say Scotland is my real home and dream of retiring there in a little bothy on the banks of a loch