Seized arms cache is linked to political violence during PDRC anti-govt protests

webfact

Seized arms cache is linked to political violence during anti government protests

7-11-2014-4-08-48-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police says the arms cache seized from a rented condominium room in Thung Kru disrtict of Bangkok yesterday was linked to several gun and bomb attacks on protesters of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) during the six-month long anti-government protests.

The deputy commissioner Pol Gen Somyos Phumphanmuang said the arms cache comprises a RPG rocket propeller, three rockets, 13 RGD grenades, 16 sets of igniters, one AK 47 assault rifle, three magazines, eleven 40 m.m. cartridges, a bullet proof jacket, 127 rounds of 7.62 mm ammunition , and 18 11 mm cartridges.

They were seized by police from Room 402/24 on Sricondon building 14 on Soi Pracha-uthit 33 in Bang Mod of Thung Kru district.

The room belongs to Mrs Tanainan Termjitcharoen but she rented to a man who he said the police knew his identity and is hunting for him, the police officer said.

Investigation and examination of the weapon has shown they were linked to violence against anti government protests during the past several months, he said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/seized-arms-cache-linked-political-violence-anti-government-protests/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-11

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To think, none were found in the previous 6 months before the coup. None.

Heck, the Junta found so many small, tiny, insignificant weapons caches in 60 days that it equated to 10% of all weapons finds over a 14 year period. The way it is going they will be up at 15% in no time.

Well done and lets hope the "special" amnesty period given to the remaining red shirts bears fruit or in this case guns as well.

• Like 1

Heck, the Junta found so many small, tiny, insignificant weapons caches in 60 days that it equated to 10% of all weapons finds over a 14 year period. The way it is going they will be up at 15% in no time.

Well done and lets hope the "special" amnesty period given to the remaining red shirts bears fruit or in this case guns as well.

Strange isn't it......but I'm prety sure there must have been some of the BiB that had knowledge of these weapons.....

Good to see more confiscation of these red shirt war weapons.

Makes Thailand a safer place.

Every normal person will know , regardless of your allegiance, that any news delivered during these time should be regarded as pure propaganda. If nobody can dispute any article it cannot not be regarded as news. Everything should be viewed as..."awaiting independent confirmation"

Well I must say no RS apologist has used this excuse before.

When the finds started happening it was downplayed as tiny, little, insignificant finds. More weapons found and displayed and the excuses were it could not start a a civil war, more weapons found and the excuses were it would not fit into a truck. Then when the tiny finds add up by the Junta that equate to 10% of all finds in 14 years the excuse now is the news stories are all fake.

That "fake" word again when the inconvenient truth is just too much to bear. Fake farmers. Fake thaksin video clip. Fake Police. Fake monk. Now fake news stories.

I love it when they state fake because it means they cannot face the truth and it must be nice to just dismiss anything that goes against the regime as fake instead of using logic, deductive reasoning and intellect.

All of which seems to be fake when talking about a RS apologist.

This is not really djjamie's post. It is fake because there is no independent confirmation that I wrote it!

If nothing else TVF offers me some wonderful classical entertainment. This post is near the top next to "There is no corruption in the rice scheme" and my favorite by the RS apologists "The amnesty bill WILL bring reconciliation. You just wait and see"

Read the Bangkok Post recently? Police arrested a (fake) man accused of firing (fake) grenades at People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) demonstrators in March, and seized (fake) war weapons linked with political protests in 2010 and recent PDRC demonstrations.

PTP logic right there my friend and in retrospect deserves the coveted "Pigeon" award.

Congrats. Only the rare few on TVF get it and you qualify my friend.

post-140765-0-44458100-1405075988_thumb.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

Strange isn't it......but I'm prety sure there must have been some of the BiB that had knowledge of these weapons.....

The police involved? The RTP involved ? Shocking, really shocking, especially since it must be pretty true as you're pretty sure about it.

Maybe I should ask Pol. Captain Chalerm for a second opinion though.

Every normal person will know , regardless of your allegiance, that any news delivered during these time should be regarded as pure propaganda. If nobody can dispute any article it cannot not be regarded as news. Everything should be viewed as..."awaiting independent confirmation"

Thanks for that erudite observation, Mr Glass Half-Empty. Rose tinted sppectacles are supposed to make people see the world in a better light. What happened with you and yours?

I have stated a fact...news that cant be disputed, by another source, is always waiting for independent confirmation. What you rereplied is gibberish

'city', your opinions cannot be disputed, as for you there are no credible other sources than UDD's red book, and, for sure, there is no independent confirmation needed about your bias! Where did you get the blue shirt? Part of your present camouflage, as red seems to be really out of fashion on the streets nowadays?

To 'city': I just got in touch with Manchester City, they told me they would at once contact their attorneys to see how they could sue you for abusive use in image of their, registered, jersey, and how they could have your abusive avatar off the net asap... Wish you interesting times, take care... LOL

• Like 1

Thanks for that erudite observation, Mr Glass Half-Empty. Rose tinted sppectacles are supposed to make people see the world in a better light. What happened with you and yours?

I have stated a fact...news that cant be disputed, by another source, is always waiting for independent confirmation. What you rereplied is gibberish

I thought the picture to be good evidence.

Oh, please do not tell me the Yellow Shirts planted it...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

city, on 11 Jul 2014 - 17:24, said:
Gus5, on 11 Jul 2014 - 16:46, said:

Just your opinion, others would disagree.

By the way, fabie seems to have disappeared, are you the replacement?

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

I am of an "opportunity for all" persuasion, so what ever political party is closest to that would be my preferred party. Many posters on here from both sides take the time to check the information delivered to them by their favourite site. The trouble is the ones that post most either deny whats really happening here or they just believe whats served up.

I know Thaksin is not the messiah and hes corrupt to the core like most of the PTP, I also know the role of the players in the opposition and they are just as corrupt....all of them....and I mean all. I just wish that people would try to confirm, whats dressed up as news, is not in fact just propaganda.

Come on......you claim to be speaking for normal people....who gave you that mandate? Nobody? Then it's you speaking gibberish.

• Like 1

I am of an "opportunity for all" persuasion, so what ever political party is closest to that would be my preferred party. Many posters on here from both sides take the time to check the information delivered to them by their favourite site. The trouble is the ones that post most either deny whats really happening here or they just believe whats served up.

I know Thaksin is not the messiah and hes corrupt to the core like most of the PTP, I also know the role of the players in the opposition and they are just as corrupt....all of them....and I mean all. I just wish that people would try to confirm, whats dressed up as news, is not in fact just propaganda.

So you ( and you are been a bit vague city ) do not believe any of the stories about weapons being found and all these stories are fake stage managed events used for max propaganda purposes. Including the finding of and ballistics match with the weapon that was used to murder that little girl in Trad. YES/NO?

Think you will find the OP wears red tinted not rose tinted glasses.

Everything should be viewed as..."awaiting independent confirmation"

Really? Did you say the same thing when Yingluck Thaksin puppet government ministers were making false statements to the public?

Well I must say no RS apologist has used this excuse before.

When the finds started happening it was downplayed as tiny, little, insignificant finds. More weapons found and displayed and the excuses were it could not start a a civil war, more weapons found and the excuses were it would not fit into a truck. Then when the tiny finds add up by the Junta that equate to 10% of all finds in 14 years the excuse now is the news stories are all fake.

That "fake" word again when the inconvenient truth is just too much to bear. Fake farmers. Fake thaksin video clip. Fake Police. Fake monk. Now fake news stories.

I love it when they state fake because it means they cannot face the truth and it must be nice to just dismiss anything that goes against the regime as fake instead of using logic, deductive reasoning and intellect.

All of which seems to be fake when talking about a RS apologist.

This is not really djjamie's post. It is fake because there is no independent confirmation that I wrote it!

If nothing else TVF offers me some wonderful classical entertainment. This post is near the top next to "There is no corruption in the rice scheme" and my favorite by the RS apologists "The amnesty bill WILL bring reconciliation. You just wait and see"

"The amnesty bill WILL bring reconciliation. You just wait and see"

Actually, the PTP passing of the 'blanket' Amnesty Bill did bring reconciliation. Just not the way they thought it would. It caused massive street demonstrations and overreaction by violent Red Shirts that got the army involved. Now the army is bringing reconciliation; whether the die-hard Reds want it or not. smile.png

• Like 1

I think that is a fake post cause I cannot verify it.

Anyone who questions the news...RED APOLIGIST!! Anyone who questions Suthep...RED APOLIGIST. Anyone suggesting that the now-defunct government did anything positive...,RED APOLOGIST.

Yeah, right. You are buying what they are selling, and hiding behind the Junta's skirts to do it.

How brave. I see a great reward for you for supporting the psuedo-royal Suthep and the Junta.

You win a free trip to 7/11.

tongue.png

Anyone who questions the news...RED APOLIGIST!! Anyone who questions Suthep...RED APOLIGIST. Anyone suggesting that the now-defunct government did anything positive...,RED APOLOGIST.

Yeah, right. You are buying what they are selling, and hiding behind the Junta's skirts to do it.

How brave. I see a great reward for you for supporting the psuedo-royal Suthep and the Junta.

You win a free trip to 7/11.

tongue.png

Junta's skirts? In the context here shouldn't that be behind Ms. Yingluck's skirts ?

Anyway, questioning the new item here, I keep wondering about the ease with which Thai manage to rent nice places while foreigners have a hard time finding them.

Of course when a farang rents a house or apartment the owner is supposed to report such to the police (or whatever organisation that handles it) to be able to keep an eye on such aliens. With Thai there doesn't seem to be such regulations.