Tour Of West Coast Beaches - With Videos!

JetsetBkk

Decided to have a look at all the nice "clean" beaches from Ya Nui to Surin.

It was a bit windy so turn down your speakers.

Yes, my camera lens is scratched.

Yes, the camera doesn't focus when zoomed.

Yes, the Image Stabiliser is pretty poor - but it was rather windy.

• Like 2

Nice, as it should be. Now, back to those 3 kids in Nai Harn swimming in the pond with TWO red flags. sad.png

Many people swim that pond thinking it is safe. However with the currents going up and down that pond I consider it very unsafe. The sea is IMO much safer, since there the dangers can be seen, in that pond they can not.

Those red flags are not 'no swimming' flags though, but warning flags for the dunker there.

Not very visible on the vdo, thanks BTW, but I noticed yesterday that the restaurant on the southern side of Nai Harn is stripped to the frame.

Edited by stevenl

Not very visible on the vdo...but I noticed yesterday that the restaurant on the southern side of Nai Harn is stripped to the frame.

Wow. They just expanded that recently too. It's been getting bigger and bigger, and the food more expensive, every year. I used to go there and khao phat gai with khai dao and a drink for 30B. I think it was over 100B last time I was there.

Not very visible on the vdo...but I noticed yesterday that the restaurant on the southern side of Nai Harn is stripped to the frame.

Wow. They just expanded that recently too. It's been getting bigger and bigger, and the food more expensive, every year. I used to go there and khao phat gai with khai dao and a drink for 30B. I think it was over 100B last time I was there.

I talked to the head lifeguard there about the restaurant and the owner has decided to go on a holiday for a while and left the structure up hoping no one will knock it down.

Thanks for posting the videos JetsetBkk.

• Like 1

I talked to the head lifeguard there about the restaurant and the owner has decided to go on a holiday for a while and left the structure up hoping no one will knock it down.

Me thinks it will be knocked down by the time he returns and he will receive a hefty bill from the authorities. What a clown I'l just go away and everything will be OK when I return.

Me thinks it will be knocked down by the time he returns and he will receive a hefty bill from the authorities. What a clown I'l just go away and everything will be OK when I return.

I'm not so sure about that, I think leaving could have been a wise decision.

But there really is only the frame at the moment, no roof, no walls, no nothing.

Hats off Jet, excellent contribution. These videos could be a useful reference when reassessing the situation some time down the road.

Yes, that's one of the reasons I made them - a good baseline to compare with whatever happens in the future.

biggrin.png "Khao pad gai khai dao" - my absolute favourite baseline food in a restaurant! If they can't get that right, bye-bye! smile.png

I'm not so sure about that, I think leaving could have been a wise decision.

But there really is only the frame at the moment, no roof, no walls, no nothing.

There are still some walls, cement areas, bathroom area as well as the frame. I've known the guy for at least 8 years, I saw him the day when the army came around and told everyone to clear off the beaches, he was looking at what happened by the Rawai Municipal Offices and looking a bit dismayed… But he nodded to me as we passed. And yes he had paid Rawai officials who let him expand in the first place. Still he knew it was the King's land and did it anyway as did every other illegal business owner around here.

13 Sai Kaew Beach

This was a shock. One of my favourite beaches for just sitting, eating and watching the sun go down has been eroded so much that the old trees have fallen down, crushing the salas and kitchens. One tree appears to be floating in mid-air. Lord knows when that one will fall down.

One family was trying to rescue a cooker with a gas tank inside that was on the beach but too heavy to get up the steep face of the eroded sand bank. They had a rope attached to it and to a pickup. After I took my videos I helped them heave it up the sand bank. Then the pickup was used to drag it down the slope and away from the sea.

All-in-all, very sad to see the state of the place.

Yes,definitely more than a frame.

I looked at it from a distance,and that is what I saw. Looks like hope played a big part in my vision.

It's all good Steve, nothing wrong with a positive vision.

Edited by Oziex1
  • Like 1