rainy season?

stevehaigh

I don't recall it raining like this well into December. Hope it stops by New Years.

I'm just North of Chiang Mai and we haven't seen any rain in at least five weeks, it's very worrying since we're now headed into the hot season and the reservoir water levels at Mae Tang are well down.

holy khrap,have you seen this

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=310&sty=m_spot

return of the rainy season if true, that's nearly 1/2m of rain

Looks horrible and backed up by other weather sites.

I think it rained regularly up to New Year about 3 years ago so it's not unheard of but not good for those coming out on their Christmas holidays.

It's cold here just North of Chiang Mai, double duvet at night, track suit at wake up and heavy dressing gown in the evening, Brrr, two more months pf this before normal service resumes - still no rain but the klongs are flooded daily.

I wonder if it was this trough, or front of weather that caused the AirAsia plane that has gone missing to request a deviation to their route?

If you actually lived here you would know that tropical weather systems are very localised, and considering the area where the plane went missing in the Java sea is about 1800 ks from Phuket, it couldn't have been the same storms we have here.

I wonder if it was this trough, or front of weather that caused the AirAsia plane that has gone missing to request a deviation to their route?

If you actually lived here you would know that tropical weather systems are very localised, and considering the area where the plane went missing in the Java sea is about 1800 ks from Phuket, it couldn't have been the same storms we have here.

Well, I do live "here" - sorry, just not in Rawai, which is what many members consider as, "here." :)

I don't claim to be a meteorologist, like you do, and since you seem to know where the plane went down, can you inform authorities, because they are still looking for it. They could really do with your assistance.

I just posted something I considered, on a slow forum day, but I'm happy to make it personal, just for you, OC.

The plane went missing hours before the storm hit Phuket. Maybe they flew into the same storm, or the start, or tail end of it, and it reached Thailand late afternoon - I don't know, but since you DO know, and can predict the weather, can you tell me the weather for Songkran 2015 - oh, that's right, it will be "wet." :)

Well, I do live "here" - sorry, just not in Rawai, which is what many members consider as, "here." smile.png

I don't claim to be a meteorologist, like you do, and since you seem to know where the plane went down, can you inform authorities, because they are still looking for it. They could really do with your assistance.

I just posted something I considered, on a slow forum day, but I'm happy to make it personal, just for you, OC.

The plane went missing hours before the storm hit Phuket. Maybe they flew into the same storm, or the start, or tail end of it, and it reached Thailand late afternoon - I don't know, but since you DO know, and can predict the weather, can you tell me the weather for Songkran 2015 - oh, that's right, it will be "wet." smile.png

"On a slow forum day" w00t.gif

Have you not read the egotistical self-promoting nonsense being posted in the "Poster of the year thread"? cheesy.gif

I lost my power for couple of hours during the rain yesterday.

The rain is back again. I guess it will be fair to call this as the year when the rain season never ended.