Building site opposite Tesco-Lotus, Thalang

simon43

Any ideas what is being built on this large site, directly opposite Tesco-Lotus, Thalang?

Judging by the piling going on today, it is not new Moobahn houses, more like a large factory or superstore.

Big C?, Makro?, Thalang Agogo??

Not sure if im where your looking Simon , but for sure Central are opening very close by . Could well be that , but not 100% sure if thats the location

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by N47HAN

Theres a new big mazda place there , guess your not meaning that Val ?

If driving & Mazda on the left it is further up on the right.

This may be the new Headstart school

Theres a new big mazda place there , guess your not meaning that Val ?

If driving & Mazda on the left it is further up on the right.

This may be the new Headstart school

No it is not. Headstart is being built on the relatively new road that runs through to the junction between Central & Makro.

Probably a spa like the one just before the hair-pin bend at north Karon, which also looks like a mosque.

I thought normally if one is building a new commercial enterprise signs would be around the construction site stating something like "..... coming soon". There is another fairly large site next to The Green Man which does not appear to show what it will be (perhaps the rumoured Central in Chalong). The one next to the mosque look alike is next to a "spa" if you can call bus loads of tourists stopping off for a quick massage a spa.

Probably a spa like the one just before the hair-pin bend at north Karon, which also looks like a mosque.

I thought normally if one is building a new commercial enterprise signs would be around the construction site stating something like "..... coming soon". There is another fairly large site next to The Green Man which does not appear to show what it will be (perhaps the rumoured Central in Chalong). The one next to the mosque look alike is next to a "spa" if you can call bus loads of tourists stopping off for a quick massage a spa.

There was no sign of what that mosque look-a-like was going to be. There was even a thread on here speculating as to what it was.

Many people (including myself) thought it was a new mosque. Turned out to be a spa.

There was no sign of what that mosque look-a-like was going to be. There was even a thread on here speculating as to what it was.

Many people (including myself) thought it was a new mosque. Turned out to be a spa.

I still don't see any sign saying what it is. I also don't see any customers going in and out. Gates always closed. I had thought is was going to be a fancy restuarant. How do you know it's a spa ?

I still don't see any sign saying what it is. I also don't see any customers going in and out. Gates always closed. I had thought is was going to be a fancy restuarant. How do you know it's a spa ?

Because there used to be a sign saying it was a spa.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not sure if this should go on another topic but I have been meaning to ask about the construction on the road from Honda dealer through to Kathu. To me it is starting to look like a large mosque.

Been wondering that to, does look very mosque'ish

I just spoke with some of the project staff at the building site opposite Tesco-Lotus Thalang. That new project is the Makro store and the other big project about 300 metres from Tesco-Lotus on the same side will be a HomePro

And what is the luxury mall 400 metres south of site opp thalang Tesco?

That is newly-opened. I think it is called Thalang Garden or something. I have never seen any customers in there or coaches/cars parked outside. I think it is just a little bit too luxurious for Phuket...