Thai military keeps US waiting over Cobra Gold

webfact

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe US should look at Vietnam or Malaysia as an alternative?

Who wants to guess who is the one that finances or coordinates the whole affair?

Thailand is acting like a spoiled immature brat so invite but to another country location...see how they handle it..

Yeah China is going to treat Thailand as a partner...politically how many years did they run the country? Thailand is already half Chinese..the next step is just to colonize it...

This would better free up thailand's time and devote their energies to their new submarine center..Somalis pirates might be off the coast....

I think if all the Americans living in Thailand who think Thai are stupid,corrupt,can't follow the laws of the US,childish,immature,won't play by the world's rules,non democratic,choosing China over the US would pack up all their investments & move to another country I'm sure Thailand would realize the error of it's ways & rejoin "Cobra Gold" & cordially invite all those who left with better conditions that made them hate Thailand in the first place.

If you're staying at a hotel & you hate it..change hotels........... unless you enjoy complaining of the bad service whistling.gif

• Like 1

I may be wrong here but aren't the military going to be very busy over the coming months, perhaps a little too busy for distractions like this ?

Exercise Cobra Gold 2014 concluded Feb. 21 so this is about for 2015.

Cobra Gold began as an alliance between Thailand and the US then became multilateral.(Japan, South Korea, Indonesia and Malaysia.)

• Like 1

If you don't invite them, they might invade.

Either you made one of the least likely scenarios ever to happen or your sense of humor this morning is lacking severely.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

10 years ago i would agree, but now , things have changed.

I may be wrong here but aren't the military going to be very busy over the coming months, perhaps a little too busy for distractions like this ?

Exercise Cobra Gold 2014 concluded Feb. 21 so this is about for 2015.

Cobra Gold began as an alliance between Thailand and the US then became multilateral.(Japan, South Korea, Indonesia and Malaysia.)

From what I've read recently there's something like a 15 month timeline for the current situation which takes us beyond the 2015 exercise.

These exercises aren't really for the USA. We don't get anything out of it. These exercises are for the benefit of the Thai military. If the Thai military doesn't want it, then fine. The USA has other locations to practice working in tropical locations. The US military has been involved in helping the Philippine government with the Philippine insurgency for years and has bases in Hawaii, Guam and Okinawa for training in the tropics. Cobra Gold is an opportunity to share knowledge and training with Thailand and to also poke a finger in China's eye.

• Like 2

We all know when we hurt "her" feelings, she will give us the silent treatment for awhile.

The U.S. was very stupid for using a threat against the thai military, you can thank Obummer for that!!! i was at Thakli for the first Cobra gold in 82 when we brought over 7 F-4E'S from Clark AFB. We had to stay at Nakorn sawan because no hotels in THakli met U.S. standards. It was great, and we were the only country involved in this exercise. We were treated like royalty. So much for the good old days!! sad.png

• Like 1

The US should detach from Thailand. It is not welcome or wanted by the Thais. The US has wasted a lot of taxpayer money in South East Asia and making the Thais rich and secure.

Oh aye, real secure. Thailand has never been so Insecure; look at the state of the south, for one. Thais rich? lol Where do you chaps come from? You get all offended when another country very rightly makes you sit on your hands. You’re right, though, you are not welcome here if you open your mouth without thinking. And regards this Cobra Gold, make no mistake, the US NEEDS Thailand! It will happen of course, you just have to follow the Thai way I'm afraid.

Anyway, neversure will be along any minute now to warn us all how big the US nuclear stockpile is, how many planes, tanks, grunts there are, etc etc ad nauseam. Grow up, guys.