water supply problem

dpeti73

I have a very low pressure of water from the municipal its not enough to fill up my tank what is on 2 meter high.

Any idea what kind of pump can i install between the meter and the tank? I need some small and quiet one what is switch off automatically if no water from the main.

When you say on 2 meter high do you mean tank is in air or on a platform? Just lower tank to ground level might take care of issues as am sure you are using a pump from tank to supply house as 2 meters would not allow any real pressure without.

The problem with it i have no place for bury. I thinking about a small pump what can use for fish tanks or fountains working from 24v dc. I dont know its can work or not?

Even if it could reach a head height of 2M, the flow rate is going to be low, and it's still illegal to pump mains directly.

Arjen's answer is what you need to do.

Hmmmm. Official it is not allowed to feed a pump direct from the mains.

What!

Every shop house in Bangkok pumps directly from the main, along with many houses.

Any of these will do the job , in your case the smallest one will be cheaper. You don't need the round pressure tank on the top. But if the cheapest one comes with one it doesn't hurt. Like the 3950 one in the picture.

Mitsubishi+Water+Pump+Buriram.jpg

and you'll need a float switch in the top of the tank.

Float_Switch_For_Pump_JK_M15_5.jpg

Same shop that sells pumps will sell the float and also have the inline conductive switch in case the mains are dry.

Best to go to the shop with a small sketch no matter how bad.

• Like 1

Hmmmm. Official it is not allowed to feed a pump direct from the mains.

What!

Every shop house in Bangkok pumps directly from the main, along with many houses.

Exact like I said, official not allowed. I did not say it does not happen. And if it happens it does not mean it is suddenly allowed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And the enforcement will occur when your Thai neighbors can't get any water since it is all being diverted by your illegal mains pump

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The problem is someone around me do this i think.

In that case ask VocalNeal advise.... or better explain this to your water supplier, and let them solve the problems from illegal connected pumps.

Arjen.

Of course i have no proof for this.

Install a pressuregraph. If the pressure is mostly below 0,2 bar show it to your water supplier. Pressure should be around 2 bar. Below 0,2 you are not able to fill a tank on 2 meters height.

Better, invite your water supplier to check at the moment you have no pressure.

If water suppkier has a plight to deliver water, buy water outside to fill your tank and invoice them + XX% handling fee.

Good luck!

Arjen.

You think they will pay my water delivery? its 300B/day every time 2000L

They check many times and say this is the max pressure what we have here.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure they will not pay. But conttinue invoicing them. Try to get the name from the manager. Bring the invoices dailly to him. Show him the readings from your pressuregraph.

Do you really think he will care?