Places as wild and crazy as Pattaya (or more so.)

infinity11

never been to Patts and not interested in going (not interested in hookers which is what it seems to be centered around) but from what I've heard it's like maybe the following will do you:

New Orleans Mardi Gras or jazz festival

Montreal (Jazz Festival)

Heard it gets wild in Bolivia but forget the city names

Same in Lima, Peru but forget the subdistrict, some parts are dangerous

Had a good time in Lisbon, Peru up in the college area on the hill, a bit aggressively drunk though

Instead of sitting in an Airplane for 10 hours, only to find out that the Thai-Female population working in the "entertainment-sector" in Thailand, has managed to increase their average body weight by 30% while reducing their level of "customer-service" by 70% over the last few years!

And after all these years of flying to Pattaya for some rumpy pumpy, how's your BMI and post-coital repartee doing?

(it's not available for 500 baht anymore either)

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

never been to Patts and not interested in going (not interested in hookers which is what it seems to be centered around) but from what I've heard it's like maybe the following will do you:

Montreal (Jazz Festival)

Had a good time in Lisbon, Peru up in the college area on the hill, a bit aggressively drunk though

" what I've heard " giggle.gif

yes well anyone would have to be pretty desperate to rely on travel advice given by an armchair commentator rolleyes.gif

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

Montreal (Jazz Festival)

Have you heard of Thailand ? It's in south east Asia , may be you can visit in the future

• Haha 1

I see only one other has mentioned Cambodia. "Wild and crazy" used to be the way of things there but I wasn't familiar with it in those days. But it sure isn't that now. And frankly, Phnom Penh (and Cambodia) is better for the cleanup. St. 51 is the only area (a small stretch, really) that's a little crazy and wild, but sometimes for the wrong reasons. Too many drugs and ripoffs/thefts now. Rumour is much of it will all go away when they redevelop the Golden Sorya Mall land. What will be left is some near-riverside areas (St 104, 130, 136, etc.) with some desirable places to go, but all of it behind smoked glass. There is nothing like the come hither action of Pattaya because it just isn't allowed by police.

I can't imagine any place better than Pattaya for all the things craigt3365 lists above. As for the action, it's all tamer and hardly any fun any more. But, for perspective, I just don't care because I've moved past the need to party.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2014 at 8:37 PM, marstons said:

Where in Pattaya is wild and crazy now days? would love to know where. Its sedate and tame IMHO now days

100% true.

Pattaya hasn't been wild and crazy since Purachai cracked down on the farang bar scene. It's never recovered, along with Bangkok.

• 3 months later...