hotel room safes are not secure

3NUMBAS

thetyre not safe either , the reception nana hotel safes were rifled in the past

I've never heard that. Do you have a link?

Why does he/she have to provide a link ?? The safes were rifled.

Youtube will tell you how to open a small safe .Also every safe has a pass key .They are probably better than putting under the matress though .

I like a Lot of people can open the small safes put in Hotel rooms in about two seconds,

If someone really wants to steal items from your hotel room, they're going to do it. Hotel rooms safes are only good for preventing a cleaning woman with sticky fingers from walking off with your valuables.

Not true. A cleaning lady knicked 10,000 baht from my Pattaya soi Bulkaow guest room safe some 6 years ago. Luckily the falang hotelier's wife took me seriously, called the police who also took it seriously and the cleaner was ultimately knicked for doing me and another couple of guests. The cleaner had worked out where and when to borrow the bosses master key.

The falang did not take me seriously btw - in fact he very rudely poo pooed me since he kept 'close control over the master key'. His wife divorced the butho;e six months later.

I know what you mean though - I would still prefer to see and use a room safe than leave stuff in the room as it does deter non-persistent chancers and you are more likely to get your money back on insurance (as I did) if you have taken some precautions.

Of course they have default pass codes. How many "disoriented" clients forget their codes and call the front desk in a panic? Plenty.

How would staff open them up for the next tenant?

'nuff said

~

Perfect example of people posting false information pretending they know the facts.

No hotel safe has a default pass code, only bike chain locks have pass codes.

Safes in hotels have an over ride key and in most cases only the manager on duty has one and can open it.

• Like 1

Of course they have default pass codes. How many "disoriented" clients forget their codes and call the front desk in a panic? Plenty.

'nuff said

~

Perfect example of people posting false information pretending they know the facts.

Safes in hotels have an over ride key and in most cases only the manager on duty has one and can open it.

Not always so

Youtube will tell you how to open a small safe .Also every safe has a pass key .They are probably better than putting under the matress though .

I like a Lot of people can open the small safes put in Hotel rooms in about two seconds,

These type of safes use a single bolt activated by an magnetic spool held by a weak spring.

All one needs to do is make the bolt jump and at the same time rotate the lock

so one can coordinate with the "jumping bolt" to open the door.

'nuff said

~

Not always so

This is electronic safe

I am referring to one of these, Do note the one in the video, default pass code can be set to whatever you like.. The zero's is a factory default., Once safe is purchased, you can set different default pass code

thetyre not safe either , the reception nana hotel safes were rifled in the past

The Honey Inn --that was-- in Pattaya--had its boxes opened by the night desk clerk--who then disappeared into Issan-- it was assumed-

-One German guy said he had over 200,000 in the box---a lot of Police were there taking information--but nothing came of it in the 4 weeks I was there-- no compensation I believe sad.png

'nuff said

~

Not always so

This is electronic safe

I am referring to one of these, Do note the one in the video, default pass code can be set to whatever you like.. The zero's is a factory default., Once safe is purchased, you can set different default pass code

So some of them do have a default code and not like you said that no hotel safe has one. Either set by the factory or after delivery. Take it from me, in a hotel they are usually all the same, or they just add the floor number to make bit of a difference.

one hotel was in while back had safe lockers in the reception area. walked past one day and the manager had one of the boxes open and was nonchalantly going through the contents of a box in plain open view of those coming and going. was obviously a farang because the passport was on display among the rest of the unsuspecting guys stuff.

privacy is a foreign concept and under no circumstances does it have any relevance at all in thainess. this goes so far as bankvaults too. just so you know. accomodation rooms goes without saying ANYTHING that you leave in them is only so that the staff can minutely examine them to more accurately assess your face. usually a tax is also applied for the examination: shampoo, toothpaste,food. any open bottles or containers, you get the picture. anything that can be percentage wise taxed will be.

Edited by Big BUCKS Bunny
  • Confused 1

So some of them do have a default code and not like you said that no hotel safe has one. Either set by the factory or after delivery. Take it from me, in a hotel they are usually all the same, or they just add the floor number to make bit of a difference.

Would love to take it from you, ONLY you are wrong. The default pass code on electronic safes is just "cheating" to not have to go open the safe., its an added function,and yet still the over ride key.

Standard safes do not have the computerized option and are only opened with over ride key

http://saga.en.hisupplier.com/product-102677-electronic-safe-box.html

Name: DP-23STP Hotel Safes

Model NO: DP-23STP-I Hotel Safes

External: H)230(W)405(D)365 mm

Packing dimension (H)265(W)445(D)440 mm

Net weight 12 kg

Gross weight 14 kg

Shelf(PC) without, Double locking bolt

Color available Ivory , Black ,Metal Silver

20FLC(PCS) 520 units / cartons

Product Features :

Interior Carpet

Motorized Locking

Two Solid Steel Bolts

Single-time molded case

Durable Finish

Laptop Computer Sizes

Optional 3-6 digits setting

Date and time setting

Optional time delay opening

Optional permanent code

Option to not display PIN on Safe Display

Low Consumption Motor

Power Status Display

Emergency Manual Key Override

Automatic Shutdown

Audit Trail of last 100 openings

View Audit Trail on Safe Display

Optional Rental Mode

Rental Activity Report

Non-Volatile Memory

Computerized Emergency Unit Override

Edited by Pralaad

It is all fine with me, everybody knows that most hotel safes can be opened with another code known to hotel staff/manager, and I don't care what name you try to give it or whatever type or brand.

Lots of safes just don't even have a key override, keys get lost and an override code doesn't. End off.

It is all fine with me, everybody knows that most hotel safes can be opened with another code known to hotel staff/manager, and I don't care what name you try to give it or whatever type or brand.

Lots of safes just don't even have a key override, keys get lost and an override code doesn't. End off.

Well clearly you know it all, so no point in continuing the nonsense,

Will disregard the actual technical specs, because "everybody knows"rolleyes.gif

Why does he/she have to provide a link ?? The safes were rifled.

He said the front desk safes at the Nana hotel were rifled. I don't believe him.

Well clearly you know it all, so no point in continuing the nonsense,

Will disregard the actual technical specs, because "everybody knows"rolleyes.gif

It is obvious it is you that does not know as quite clearly the last line on your safe specification says:

"Computerized Emergency Unit Override"

I have 16 small electronic safes that we use in our apartment building. Every one comes with the same pre-set override code and two keys that are specific to each safe.