300 million baht worth of narcotics seized in Phitsanuloke

Lite Beer

300 million baht worth of narcotics seized in Phitsanuloke

7-18-2014-11-17-22-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Police arrested a trailer truck driver and seized about 300 million baht worth of narcotics drugs on a highway in Phitsanuloke province Friday.

Acting on a tipoff that a large consignment of illicit drugs was to be delivered from Chiang Rai’s Chiang Khong district to a dealer in Wang Noi district of Ayutthaya, a police force from Phitsanuloke was dispatched to Wang Thong district to look out for the trailer truck.

The trailer truck was stopped at a road checkpoint in Wang Thong district for searches which uncovered 37 kgs of Ice and 23 kgs of heroin estimated at about 300 million baht in street prices

The driver, Chan Saengbangsai, said he was hired by Sophon Iamsakul at 700,000 baht to deliver the drugs from Chiang Rai to a dealer in Wang Noi district of Ayutthaya.

Source: http://englishnews.t...ed-phitsanuloke

xthaipbs_logo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xwuNWP8G4
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-18

good work BIB-get this scourge of illicit dangerous drugs out of Thailand and put all the dealers into jail for life-leave our kids to live a happy drug free life.

Edited by Dr Robert

I have never seen so many busts for trafficking in such a short time

Indeed, and it's not rocket science to understand why . . . the "protection" that these people normally enjoy has been severely curtailed due to the recent reshuffles amongst the Police and Government officials . . . the bigger question is why aren't they then able to follow these low grade mules (and the tips/information they already have) and link them back to the bigger fish? They already "know" or have suspicions about who runs all of this . . . I'm sure some forensic accounting should provide some definitive proof . . . so why isn't that happening?

I'll celebrate when some of these bigger fishes get caught up in the net, regardless of which political divide they are on, cos until now it hasn't happened much.

• Like 2

Why oh why don't they just let the driver go to the destination and follow it.

Too afraid of who it might be?

I'm pretty sire they know where it's going.....yes..a little worried just what might happen if they do go for the big one!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why oh why don't they just let the driver go to the destination and follow it.

Too afraid of who it might be?

Perhaps with the destination unknown it would be too difficult to get 30 cops together for a photo op.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I get tired of these ridiculous "why don't they follow the driver to Mr big" posts. Every single bust is followed up by a half dozen posts of the same rubbish, how do you know they didn't???? Do you think it takes a quick thinking whitey to come up with such a cunning plan? For gods sake change the record!!

"They don't follow it, cos it will lead to their own", Gimmie a break, how would they know that without following it? Might lead to some Somchai who they are more than happy to bust!!

Feel free to post these follow-up stories when you find them. I haven't.

• Like 1

They had a tip. So do they ever follow the truck to the big fish and bust him while receiving?

Apparently noooooooooooo.

The dealer probably is an 'important' guy in the community, and hadn't yet paid for the drugs, so no prob in Phitsanuloke, move on, nothing to see!

I get tired of these ridiculous "why don't they follow the driver to Mr big" posts. Every single bust is followed up by a half dozen posts of the same rubbish, how do you know they didn't???? Do you think it takes a quick thinking whitey to come up with such a cunning plan? For gods sake change the record!!

"They don't follow it, cos it will lead to their own", Gimmie a break, how would they know that without following it? Might lead to some Somchai who they are more than happy to bust!!

Feel free to post these follow-up stories when you find them. I haven't.

So what you're saying is, every drug bust is somehow related to the police in Thailand? Nonsense!! Maybe if you read something other than just ThaiVisa, you might............

Well done, they got the entire police force into this photo op.

I'm watching the Saints Chooka, well in front of the Dockers. 79 to 27

• Like 1

I'm not convinced that all these amazing drug busts are actually real.......there just seem too many and happening too frequently....something doesn't gel.

In the past 2 weeks or so, there have been something like ~2 billion baht of drugs discovered..........in any currency, that's a lot of dope!....In 2 weeks!

However....if it's genuine, then it's very good news.

They had a tip. So do they ever follow the truck to the big fish and bust him while receiving?

Apparently noooooooooooo.

"....a large consignment of illicit drugs was to be delivered from Chiang Rai’s Chiang Khong district to a dealer in Wang Noi district of Ayutthaya,"

If they knew the consignment was destined for Wang Noi, I wonder why they didn't tail the truck (surreptitiously) until it reached a destination. I am sure the driver would not have noticed, after all the police are very professional in their operations............................smile.png .

Wouldn't that be like chasing their own tail? whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by jaltsc

I'm not convinced that all these amazing drug busts are actually real.......there just seem too many and happening too frequently....something doesn't gel.

In the past 2 weeks or so, there have been something like ~2 billion baht of drugs discovered..........in any currency, that's a lot of dope!....In 2 weeks!

If you find out how easily it is available, even in isolated places, you will believe in the figures.

Well done, they got the entire police force into this photo op.

I'm watching the Saints Chooka, well in front of the Dockers. 79 to 27

you should be over on this forum

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/687514-australian-rules-football-2014-tipping-chat-the-dream-team/page-98

If you find out how easily it is available, even in isolated places, you will believe in the figures.

Maybe the numbers or prices are exaggerated but it's very big business, I read that over 1 billion yaba pills enter Thailand from their source in NE Myanmar every year. That is 3+ million a day, clearly not much of which is coming hidden inside women's private parts which is what I have seen them checking, they never seem to check the official looking vans which scream "Ch******" to me. Plus poppy crop is going way up in Myanmar as well, most of that #4 is headed up to China but some must come down through Thailand to head abroad, say down through Malaysia, or hit the local market. I also read somewhere that Afghani groups are shipping their raw/minimally processed op. over to Shan State where they have expertise in converting in over to the #4, so all told there must be a lot of #4 and even more yaba/ice coming through Thailand. Just my .02 cents based on reading online.

I've been here a long time.......15 years......but I'm still not convinced..........