I've just gone through immigration at swampy 28/28

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I was told the marriage visa is issued in the 3rd month of a 90 day single entry. Which means i cant go back on rotation. This leaves a 12 months multi entry. But i would need to get this out of Thailand and can take up to 2 weeks..... so I believe?

You are writing about an extension of stay based upon marriage it is not a visa.

If you had single entry visa you could get a re-entry permit for the 90 day entry and do your rotation and then apply for the extension when you returned. But if you are on 28/28 rotation it would be very hard to get the extension done because of the 30 day under consideration period you have after applying before you get the extension stamp.

You can get a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos and at the moment get it on the same date you apply. No financial proof is asked for.

I jus checked with the Penang consulate , if you get it in by 11-30 , they will issue the next day for the spousal 1 year

Did penang tell you what financial proof is required?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Franky and others, like yourself I'm always a little apprehensive, no reason to be but always am, my mind has been put at ease, like yourself I plan on getting my marraige visa ASAP as have been married a few years and have a couple kids, just never have the time and up until now never really needed it,

what agency you use mate? as may go down this route also as cant be arsed trecking wife and kids round and after nearly a 3month project looking to just chill.

That's me married. Took less than 2 hours with all translations etc.

Just come back through heading to Scotland with the family

I'd advise you to bring your kids birth Certs if you travel. I had to show pics of us together as a family over the years

Not a complaint btw. It's good they check these things

• Like 1

Came through swampy yesterday after just over a month away. No questions asked, no problems, got my usual 30 day stamp. I visit Thailand 5 or 6 times a year, 3 to 4 weeks each time with trips a few weeks apart. I did have tickets and hotel reservations printed out and ready just in case though.

One other point to report though is that I flew in on Thai Airways and they announced over the speakers during the flight that visitors need to state their address in Thailand on the arrival form or entry may be denied. I'd never heard an announcement of that kind before. I asked a stewardess about it, to confirm, and she said to write everything down on the card because immigration had become stricter than before.

• Like 2

I came in yesterday from KL. I do basically what might roughly equate to a 14/14 rotation and in my current Aussie passport I have almost 50 Visa Exempt entries. This calendar year there are 7 visa exempt entries.

Not a single question, comment or anything at all. Just stamped and straight through as normal.

The only thing that was unusual was at KL. For the first time ever they asked me if I had a visa for Thailand. I said no. They said do you have ticket to leave Thailand. I said "yes, in a couple of weeks". They asked for no proof or details and simply said ok. In KL they've never asked me before wherever I've gone - and I lived there for 2 years and am still in and out of there 10 or so times per year.

So 28/28 guys with 5 or 6 entries a year have absolutely zero to be concerned about using visa exempt entries. Business as usual.

Yesterday came through Phuket on 14/7 Rotation (in reality 6 days in Thailand). Thorough examination of my many stamps and then through!

Always have return ticket.

Called into Immigration Office today to make sure that all will be well going forward, and was advised that I will only be allowed ''4 VISA EXEMPT ENTRIES PER YEAR, as new rules on 29th August''.

First time I have heard that one, but seems they make it up as they go along. Comments please from someone who does know!

Yesterday came through Phuket on 14/7 Rotation (in reality 6 days in Thailand). Thorough examination of my many stamps and then through!

Called into Immigration Office today to make sure that all will be well going forward, and was advised that I will only be allowed ''4 VISA EXEMPT ENTRIES PER YEAR, as new rules on 29th August''.

First time I have heard that one, but seems they make it up as they go along. Comments please from someone who does know!

4 times a years sounds like more unworkable nonsense to me...how about the oil riggers, the weekend golf players from Singapore, the businessmen with frequent one or two day meetings in Thailand. These people aren't going to apply for a tourist visa or work permit every time they want a few days or weeks on Thailand...they just won't come...which means this 4 day thing is just garbage and probably untrue.

The only new rules that start tomorrow are for extensions of stay. There is no 4 entry limit.

I am not sure I would trust info from an immigration officer at an office. In my opinion only ones that could give a viable answer would be one at an airport or border crossing.

Got through at DM an hour ago, last out of 4/8 in tonight ,not a word , bit of a flick through but Ive only got 5 pages left and i think it was her just trying to find a page rather than give me grief

They may be looking for a visa, or re-entry stamp, even if the dedicated field on the arrival card is blank, many people forget to fill it.

As a courtesy one can say things like "I don't" have a visa, or "free pages at the end". Presenting the passport open on the picture page and turned toward the officer is always a good start together with a word of salute.

• Like 1

I have 5 pages left in my passport which I have had for 4 years , apart form 3 Malaysian work permits the rest are Thai entry stamps, at least 10 to 12 a year,Never been mentioned to me by I/O , i'd imagine its about the purpose of the visit rather than the amount

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived Suvarnabhumi early this morning, a few people in line for the immigration. Business as usual, no extra checking of my passport.

My passport is fairly new from june last year. This is my eight entry on visa exemption on this passport.

I've been to the UK and back with the family this last two weeks. Totally avoided anything to do with Thailand.

I got my second passport. We arrived this morning at about 10:30. Immigration was packed. I had my new passport in hand and told my mrs and daughter to go to the Thai entry lane which had no one. The immigration guy told me to come too.

He took my new passport first and stamped it in seconds. When I held up my daughter to get her pic taken he said she looked like me. No hassle for me at all

We were through in seconds. I have NO visa even though we got married before I went back to the UK.

I have no idea what's happened ref visas etc this last few weeks so I apologise if I'm giving you info you will probably already know

Edited by Franky Bear

• 1 month later...

Arrived Suvarnabhumi early this morning, a few people in line for the immigration. Business as usual, no extra checking of my passport.

My passport is fairly new from june last year. This is my eight entry on visa exemption on this passport.

Entry no 9 early on Saturday morning, more people in line for Immigration this time.

Got stamped in, no questions asked smile.png