Miss Universe Thailand runner-up refuses to hand back her tiara

webfact

Miss Universe runner-up refuses to hand back her tiara
By Coconuts Bangkok

numped.jpg?itok=rdO2D0k6

BANGKOK: -- Again the cultural event to find the finest examples of Thai beauty proves the most reliable source of scandal.

Sunannika “Nampetch” Kritsanasuwan, second runner up to Miss Universe Thailand, announced this afternoon that despite a pageant committee decision to strip her of her title, she remains innocent of nasty accusations, still expects to be paid and won’t surrender her tiara.

As pageants are restricted, good girl-only zones, a series of raunchy photos last month showing Nampetch posed suggestively ‒ along with an anonymous accusation she worked as a prostitute ‒ led the committee to announce they’d dropped Nampetch earlier this month.

She previously said she’d worked as a “pretty” model to help pay for her mother’s medical treatment.

"I think pretties make businesses successful, and it’s a prestigious occupation also," Nampetch defended herself.

“About the sexy photos, I didn’t even know it’d turn out that way. I’d like to apologize to the pageant fans.”
Nampetch today denied again that she traded sex for money.

"I was only 17, a high-school junior," she said. "I wasn't a prostitute or anyone's mistress. Anyone with proof that I was a prostitute is welcome to expose me. My mom had a dangerous cell in her uterus. Her operation was urgent, and I had to start my pretty job.” [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/07/21/miss-universe-runner-refuses-hand-back-her-tiara

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-07-22

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding, all she has is a big (artificial?) rack, the rest is rather naff.

Hanno, so if she came to your front door wearing nothing but a fur coat a a nice litte number from the latest victoria's secret catalog, you would just close the door say no thank you and go back to drinking your cup of tea ?

He might....but I sure as hell wouldn't!

She might not be a pretty, but I am totally enchanted by her bedroom eyes! biggrin.png

No kidding, all she has is a big (artificial?) rack, the rest is rather naff.

Hanno, so if she came to your front door wearing nothing but a fur coat a a nice litte number from the latest victoria's secret catalog, you would just close the door say no thank you and go back to drinking your cup of tea ?

Hell no, my standards are way low. I just do not think she is an outright stunner.

• Like 2

Are those the supposedly "raunchy" photos? 17 years old? She looks as hard as nails and closer to 40 to me.

The people that run these pageants (big media) are just liars and cheats.

They would destroy a girl's reputation if she doesn't do what they say, (which is work unpaid for 18 months) all for the prestige of the title and the prizes.

It's a scam that has all the little wide-eyed village girls hooked.

I know of a girl who who was threatened to have photoshopped pics of her published if she didn't shut up and get back to work.

Thugs and crooks at the top again in Thailand.

• Like 2

Impressive chest aside, surely this is not the most beautiful girl in Thailand.

Is there any chance of seeing the above pic without the microphone bank overlay? Has great potential.

You made me scroll back and take a look at her face.

• Like 1

If she believes in world peace, wants to help people and protect children and hasn't made any nasty comments about sections of the Thai community, she should keep the title ( and the tiara that goes with it). The photos are harmless and the anonymous allegations are probably sour grapes.

You fancy her... Admit it.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Won't give up the tiara? I guess fake diamonds are indeed a girl's best friend which they can't bear to part with. It's probably going to cost the Miss Universe Thailand organization a couple thousand baht to have another tiara made (most of that cost will be labor as fake jewels are dirt cheap).

Seems to me that a large part of the case drawn up against her is the "anonymous accusation" of her being a prostitute...!

She should demand that the identity of the person making the accusation is revealed, if necessary through a court order. If the person making the claim is unable to substantiate it, then she has the typically Thai recourse of a libel suit to replace her potential lost earnings...!!

• Like 2