Rice cooker

erpan

Hello

I bought a rice cooker from hitachi, rz-dma18 after i read online that some people were happy about its performance.

Now to the problem, when i came home and unpacked it i noticed it did not have any rubber anti slip feet , and all kitchen appliances and rice cooker in europe has anti slip feet as far as im concerned. I contacted hitachi in thailand and later they confirmed it does not have any anti slip feet and attached a picture of the same model and its also lacking the anti slip feet.

It does have a rectangular rubber attached to the back , but its 1 mm from the surface.

As the rice cooker can get very hot it should not slip easily on the table. So i wonder if anyone else here has a hitachi rice cooker and if it is missing anti slip feet or if hitachi just said so out of laziness to provide me with those anti slip.

or they saved the cost of 4 pcs with one attached to the back, but making it 1 mm to short?

Amazing thailand, never stops to amaze me.

If someone knows where i could get hold of any anti slip feet to put into those holes , i would be happy to hear from you.

10544818_737546226284121_1097382469_n.jp

Edited by erpan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Panasonic doesn't either. Keep in mind that EVERYTHING is done more cheaply here so always open da box before purchase. Btw, are you Swiss or German perchance?

Hi there well if i knew this i would have checked but i opened it when i came back home, im from sweden.

Well saving cost for 4 rubber feets which cost virtually nothing is amazing me. they put a rectangular rubber on the back of it, but its 1 mm to short to touch surface.

I will try to remove the rubber feet from my old unit hoping they are of same size, im not putting stickers on it they should go inside the holes and be stuck there.

Edited by erpan
  • Like 2

The last time I looked at ours (older model not same brand) it didn't have non slip feet. Then again I never saw it trying to move on its own either...

When i hardly touch it it moves from the bench. now you would probably say dont touch it then ,but as i have children it becomes another story.

Thanks for all advices given, i will check the stores here for suitable anti slip feet.

I contacted hitachi in thailand and later they confirmed it does not have any anti slip feet and attached a picture of the same model and its also lacking the anti slip feet.

...anyone else here has a hitachi rice cooker and if it is missing anti slip feet or if hitachi just said so out of laziness to provide me with those anti slip.

So you contacted Hitachi and they sent you a photo to prove the normality of the situation. Yet you think they purposely selected a rice cooker without rubber feet for the photo they sent you.

To prove that your mistrust of Hitachi Thailand is fully warranted, you are now asking other rice cooker purchasers to share if their own rice cooker came without feet?

Is all the above correct ?

Edited by RandomSand

The last time I looked at ours (older model not same brand) it didn't have non slip feet. Then again I never saw it trying to move on its own either...

When i hardly touch it it moves from the bench. now you would probably say dont touch it then ,but as i have children it becomes another story.

Thanks for all advices given, i will check the stores here for suitable anti slip feet.

I have 2 young boys, the rice cooker is well in truly out of reach + I made a point of showing them how hot it becomes. Why not just put a not slip pad under it

I contacted hitachi in thailand and later they confirmed it does not have any anti slip feet and attached a picture of the same model and its also lacking the anti slip feet.

...anyone else here has a hitachi rice cooker and if it is missing anti slip feet or if hitachi just said so out of laziness to provide me with those anti slip.

So you contacted Hitachi and they sent you a photo to prove the normality of the situation. Yet you think they purposely selected a rice cooker without rubber feet for the photo they sent you.

To prove that your mistrust of Hitachi Thailand is fully warranted, you are now asking other rice cooker purchasers to share if their own rice cooker came without feet?

I dont let my mind get stuck to one possibility i analyzed the situation and came up with different scenarios. now it seems makers of rice cookers in thailand does not care about safety.

• Like 1

I have 2 young boys, the rice cooker is well in truly out of reach + I made a point of showing them how hot it becomes. Why not just put a not slip pad under it

Its better to take precaution than being sorry when that day comes, why invite accident when we can take precaution to avoid it. Not saying it will happen but some days even i can make the most clumsy things due to lack of proper sleep for example. A slip pad is a good idea thanks.

Edited by erpan

Its better to take precaution than being sorry when that day comes, why invite accident when we can take precaution to avoid it. Not saying it will happen but some days even i can make the most clumsy things due to lack of proper sleep for example.

well if it is causing you to lose sleep - put an ad in classifieds or just throw it out and buy a new one that fits your needs.

• Like 1

I dont let my mind get stuck to one possibility i analyzed the situation and came up with different scenarios. now it seems makers of rice cookers in thailand does not care about safety.

Boy, you have SUCH a compelling case based on your BRILLIANT analysis of the situation, you should IMMEDIATELY sue Hitachi in what ever international court you can imagine or EVEN raise a petition wth the UN security council... you will EASILY win!!!thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

get a life, think for 2 seconds, go to the next hardware store around the corner, buy yourself a rubber anti-slip pad and your problem is solved. passifier.gif

Edited by Swiss1960

Mine has not got rubber feet, bought 11 years ago next month used every other day called 'National' and has never gone walk about..

on the other hand a pack of self stick rubber or felt squares or round ones cost 20 baht @ 20 baht shop

Edit: while your in the 20 baht shop, they also sell trays, maybe put your rice cooker on a tray ? of course the tray also comes without rubber feet so maybe in your place they will end up in different places.. maybe your place has a Ghost that moves things ?

Edited by ignis

Do you live on the side of a mountain?

I fail to see how a rice cooker with a kilo or rice and a couple of litres of water is going to get very far.

Maybe his rice cooker calls him "teerak" and "handsum" every morning... these are the models that TEND to walk away easily, rubber feet or not giggle.gif

• Like 2

I can't believe it but I did just go have a look at my Oldish Phillips Rice Cooker : it has 4 feet with non slip pads on them, however 2 are missing...

I will now take a day off work due to urgent safety issues at home and go searching for 2 rubber feet - maybe I will just load up the rice cooker and head to Phillips HO.

Thanks to the OP for raising this important issue - to others , if you have not looked at your rice cooker later - I encourage you to do so at your earliest convenience..

• Like 1

I can't believe it but I did just go have a look at my Oldish Phillips Rice Cooker : it has 4 feet with non slip pads on them, however 2 are missing...

I will now take a day off work due to urgent safety issues at home and go searching for 2 rubber feet - maybe I will just load up the rice cooker and head to Phillips HO.

Thanks to the OP for raising this important issue - to others , if you have not looked at your rice cooker later - I encourage you to do so at your earliest convenience..

Don't go to Phillips yet. You need to start a thread about it so as to get the benefit of all the sage advisers here.

Then you need to argue with some of the cheeky ones because I guess there will be a few scallywags baiting you (there often is on TVF).

You need to let the thread run for a few weeks until a mod closes it because the banter has turned to flame exchange.

Then you would be best advised to start yet another thread on the benefits of OEM rubber feet from Phillips or cheap knock-off rubber feet from China.

After that, you can take that day off work in the sound knowledge that it will be well worth it.

• Like 2

You just made me check mine out. No rubber feet but the most beautiful non slip plastic feet. Rubber feet are so '90s.

The more I think about it, the more I believe the guy has an online shop selling rubber feet for rice cookers.

Don't get me started with Irons...

I've got to check everything now. Waffle maker, Sandwich Toaster, Toaster, Kettle, Microwave glad I haven't got one of those George Foreman Grills.

• Like 1