More than 50 Israeli reservists refuse to fight

webfact

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Knowing both basics, I still don't get what you were trying to say.
Please enlighten us with more details & less obscure comments.

No more pointless gobbledegook? tongue.png
As you ask :

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/17/1314701/-Are-the-Palestinians-Israel-s-Native-Americans#

And that's why a lot of Jews are not accepting the latest actions of their government...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand Edited by Thorgal

@CBR250. Both the men you mentioned in the above post are quoted in a book I'm currently reading. It's a bit out of date, but quotes interviews with a number of other influencial Arabs who are 'men of peace'. Also quite damning of many Arab leaders. 

Book is "Mullahs, Merchants and Militants"

Yes, Simple1, your book is probably accurate. There are probably a lot more Arab Leaders who are resistant to calls for peace than those who share the values of Mustafa Barguti or Edward Said. And the same resistance to peace is apparent amongst  Israelis, where reports today suggest over 90% of the population supports the military action in Gaza, despite the death of over 1,000 civilians - primarily women and children. Thank Buddha that there are some men who speak out on both sides.

Well, most of the responsibility for the continuation of the war does rest with the side that has the upper hand - in this case with Israel.

Actually, it rests with the side that started the conflict in the first place, has kept it going and has refused countless offers to make peace over many decades - the Palestinian Arabs. You can't stop a war without a willing partner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EDW88CBo-8

No, it obviously rests with the Israelis, who should've had the sense and humanity to fold up their tents and shutdown the State of Israel, and just "go away", years ago.  The bizarre fact that they seem to insist on their sovereignty, let alone safety within their own borders, is just beyond comprehension.  And this very strange idea that terrorist organizations in neighboring areas, openly committed to their destruction and supported & supplied by countries who openly state the same thing, shouldn't be allowed to launch missiles into their country at will...  And THEN this inability to understand that the use of human shields to defend those launch sites is "genocide" and THEIR responsibility, and therefore the SAME THING as the murder of 6 million of themselves...  Just too weird.  When will these unreasonable and barbaric Israelis start to get it?

And yet another one reading the Netanyahu handouts. No, I did not say any of the things you attribute to me. Yes, your arguments are irrational. And this sounds sooooo much like a kindergarten morality  "He started it, so we should kill him - and everyone should then cheer"!

You are in dispute with Chris Gunness, the UNWRA spokesman, who says that Israel's actions are "an abomination". Maybe it is time that Israel withdrew from the UN - the UN is obviously embarrassed by Israel being a member, and a number of the more fervent pro-Israelis on TV have accused the UN of bias. The easy solution is - get Israel to leave the UN. They don't belong there anyway, if statements such as yours are representative of Israel. This indicates that they are not interested in peaceful coexistence with anybody.

And just to reject one of your more outrageous attempts at propaganda - It would be absolutely fine by me if Israel had peace within its borders - in fact, I have always argued for this! The problem I have - and most Palestinians and now the rest of the world has - is that these borders keep expanding in line with the Zionist agenda at the cost of human lives.

• Like 1

Oh, and it's a bit beyond the kindergarten level, but why not have a read of what the Hamas Charter (also referred to as the "Covenant of the Hamas") has to say about coexistence with Israel and the Jews...  (It's all very interesting, but be sure and see what it has to say about "negotiated settlements";  Art 13.)

Just can't understand why Israel should have any problem coexisting with THAT!!  Those darn Jews!

Oh, and it's a bit beyond the kindergarten level, but why not have a read of what the Hamas Charter (also referred to as the "Covenant of the Hamas") has to say about coexistence with Israel and the Jews...  (It's all very interesting, but be sure and see what it has to say about "negotiated settlements";  Art 13.)

Just can't understand why Israel should have any problem coexisting with THAT!!  Those darn Jews!

Why not have a decent look what Israel really has under their tunnels, facilities and warehouses : the list is long : nuclear, chemical and biological weapons. Publish on social media if you find them also in their kindergarten.

Palestinia has grenades, assault riffles, explosives, anti-tank weapons and missiles in their shelters, bunkers and tunnels.

Iran and North-Korea are seen as terrorist countries for their WMD's. Why is Israel so different.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand Edited by Thorgal
  • Like 1

Iran and North-Korea are seen as terrorist countries for their WMD's. Why is Israel so different.

Because Iran and North Korea are rogue nations that have signed treaties that they would not develop nuclear weapons and did so anyway. They are violating International law in regards to WMDs. Israel is not.

Oh yes.  Why it's common knowledge that Israel plans to dominate the entire Middle East.   Why, the world even!!  Why that German corporal - what was his name; an obscure guy with a funny moustache; 'wrote a book I think -  was telling everybody that back in the 1930s!  And we STILL haven't learned!  Somebody should explain to those Jews about mass murder and genocide!

Oh you've got me in stitches here!  Stop!  cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gif  

• Like 1

The old "Hamas Charter" fallback? 

From Wiki

Current status of the Charter

Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal indicated to Robert Pastor, senior adviser to the Carter Center, that the Charter is "a piece of history and no longer relevant, but cannot be changed for internal reasons".[84] Hamas do not use the Charter on their website and prefer to use their election manifesto to put forth their agenda.[85][86] Pastor states that those who quote the charter rather than more recent Hamas statements may be using the Charter as an excuse to ignore Hamas.[84]

British diplomat and former British ambassador to the United Nations Sir Jeremy Greenstock stated in early 2009 that the Hamas charter was "drawn up by a Hamas-linked imam some [twenty] years ago and has never been adopted since Hamas was elected as the Palestinian government in 2006".[87] Mohammed Nimer of American University comments on the Charter, "It's a tract meant to mobilize support and it should be amended.... It projects anger, not vision."[88] Ahmed Yousef, an adviser to Ismail Haniyeh, has questioned the use of the charter by Israel and its supporters to brand Hamas as a fundamentalist, terrorist, racist, anti-Semitic organization and claims that they have taken parts of the charter out of context for propaganda purposes. 

• Like 1

Well, if you can't win an argument on the facts, what's wrong with a little propaganda "improvisation"?     Lol.

I googled "propaganda" just now. Interesting what I saw on the first page of hits...

attachicon.gifpropaganda.jpg

Yes, indeed.  Maybe the Hamas (terrorist) sympathizers should have a look...   Not surprising that there was such an affinity and relatively warm relationship between the Nazis and the Arabs, based squarely on shared anti-Semitism...

But of course that's all in the past. Nothing at all to do with Arab sentiment these days...    thumbsup.gif

From Wiki

Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal indicated to Robert Pastor, senior adviser to the Carter Center, that the Charter is "a piece of history and no longer relevant, but cannot be changed for internal reasons".[84] Hamas do not use the Charter on their website and prefer to use their election manifesto to put forth their agenda.[85][86] Pastor states that those who quote the charter rather than more recent Hamas statements may be using the Charter as an excuse to ignore Hamas.[84]

British diplomat and former British ambassador to the United Nations Sir Jeremy Greenstock stated in early 2009 that the Hamas charter was "drawn up by a Hamas-linked imam some [twenty] years ago and has never been adopted since Hamas was elected as the Palestinian government in 2006".[87] Mohammed Nimer of American University comments on the Charter, "It's a tract meant to mobilize support and it should be amended.... It projects anger, not vision."[88] Ahmed Yousef, an adviser to Ismail Haniyeh, has questioned the use of the charter by Israel and its supporters to brand Hamas as a fundamentalist, terrorist, racist, anti-Semitic organization and claims that they have taken parts of the charter out of context for propaganda purposes. 

All this spin to say that "the charter cannot be changed". You have proved exactly nothing with this Hamas propaganda. 

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

From Wiki

You have proved exactly nothing here. 

Not proving anything. Just saying the Hamas "charter" shouldn't be considered a CURRENT driver of policy

Yes, indeed.  Maybe the Hamas (terrorist) sympathizers should have a look...   Not surprising that there was such an affinity and relatively warm relationship between the Nazis and the Arabs, based squarely on shared anti-Semitism...

But of course that's all in the past. Nothing at all to do with Arab sentiment these days...    thumbsup.gif

There it is! I knew it would pop up!

Like clockwork...

• Like 1

From Wiki

You have proved exactly nothing here. 

Not proving anything. Just saying the Hamas "charter" shouldn't be considered a CURRENT driver of policy

Then why not simply (but formally & publicly) disavow it?  'Would be so easy to do.  ...Were there actually any truth to what you're saying, that is.  

• Like 2

Then why not simply (but formally & publicly) disavow it?  'Would be so easy to do.  ...Were there actually any truth to what you're saying, that is.  

They should.

But Face + Stupidity prevents them.

When people have hate, subtle or manifest, it can hardly be concealed by words. No matter the intellectual gymnastics, disdain/contempt do leak through their thoughts. And so it is among these posts that apologists for Islamic terrorism hide behind the thinly veiled stalking horse... "for the children" as the paint Israel ugly. Invoking absurd moral equivalency examples

Great post, but I am out of "likes"! thumbsup.gif Edited by Ulysses G.

Yeah because little kids dressed up in fatigues = terrorists right?

Little kids dressed up in fatigues, with the caption, “Have you seen the new child martyr who will soon shake Israel to the core?”

Strange you left that out earlier?

But anyways a caption? DEAR GOD NO

This Gaza conflict is not about increasing the land of Israel. Israel already gave up Gaza. Hamas of Gaza clearly wants the Jews to give up ALL of Israel. That is not something that can be negotiated. It is the stuff of wars.

When people have hate, subtle or manifest, it can hardly be concealed by words. No matter the intellectual gymnastics, disdain/contempt do leak through their thoughts. And so it is among these posts that apologists for Islamic terrorism hide behind the thinly veiled stalking horse... "for the children" as the paint Israel ugly. Invoking absurd moral equivalency examples that assign Israel some horrific statuses that are at best false analogies, they lurk about shouting "hitler," "land grab," etc. The examples, if considered are always the most absurd. Really! They don't shout "Pol Pot." They don't scream "Idi Amin." What is their mind revealing when it chooses to equate Israel with Hitler? Why Hitler? Why land grab? Why expansion claims?

Because it hurts. Because it exaggerates Israeli action now, and cleanses the past, and it minimizes Hitler's actions then. Because modern Palestinian operatives, including Hamas, are sophisticated enough to grasp "gas-burner" concepts: repeat something often enough and it will be perceived as true, certainly recalled so. They only have to look to their stalwart leftist supporters in the West and see the utility of such associations, and repeated lies. That "Israel is no better than Hitler" will reveal the character of the speaker every time.

I forgot the adored Rabi's name; Jewish names could never seat in my head. He was indeed Zionist and he did have followers and did propose an expanded state that stretched to the "Mouth of two rivers;" Tigris and Euphrates. I even saw (not sure it was real) one time a Shekel that confused me because it had the State of Israel so large it stretched to Iran. True? False? Who knows, but even I was surprised, and dismayed. But I don't know. I do know that there are some really smart Jew haters out there from the Protocols of The Elders of Zion to various other insinuations that continue to exist as fact today. But Jews have not expanded their land. When Jews were attacked-repeatedly- they claimed buffers. We would have done the same thing if other kids destroyed our fort when we were children. Israel claimed the areas from which strategic threats clearly emerged not as a praeda preda but as a safety margin. There has simply been no single thing to evidence expansion equivalency- another Hitler equation.

I am not a Jew and I don't mind you hate. But please don't be so ignorant as to mask your hate as intellect and ask we accept it.

NOTE: "You," as used here is not Jingthing. I only concurred with your post.

Have you ever engaged in a debate with someone over the Israel/Palestine conflict and not walked away thinking "wow...some definite hate there"?