If you could live anywhere in The World, where would you live?

Thailand sure have some post card scenic places and having a Thai partner, Thailand is in many ways the best place to live, but if you could pick anywhere in The World, where would you live?

Having watched the Tour de France for the past weeks, I must admit the Alps and Pyrenees region of Southern France looks amazing attractive. Edited by CharlieH

California..... It's got it all....

Gerbils are illegal in California, so, no it doesn't have it all laugh.png

but Thailand will loose it's superiority over other countries when TGAU's will be flooding the country... crying.gif

• Like 1

Hong Kong would be my ideal city to base myself out of. It has incredible scenery, diversity, and quality of living. But it is also one of the top five most expensive cities in the world.

I could be happy in BKK, KL, maybe even Guangzhou or Shanghai, though the latter gets too cold for me in winter. Not sure I'd like to settle in Jakarta or many other places in SE Asia though. They seem a bit slow for someone used to a global city. I like Tokyo but again, the winters would wear on me. 

I do like San Francisco and L.A. but too expensive. NYC is grand but again too cold. 

Edited by landmonsun

five years until I retire, still trapped in the rat race in the US, I read all the complains about Thailand on TVF and I think,

" man what would I give to be you" 

If I could be any place in the world, I would be in my little corner of paradise in Khon Kaen, with my banana trees , my garden, my in- laws ,taking a walk at the night market. hanging out at the dam, and happily paying the 200 baht to the cop for speeding.smile.png

Heck.... now I am home sick for Thailand again, sad.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely wont be going back to Oz - how many countries would have to spell this out for potential terrorists ?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/24733671/government-to-remove-social-security-benefits-for-australians-identified-as-security-threat-abbott-says/

Who knew you couldnt collect the dole whilst training for jihad ? The civil libertarians and rent-a-protestor crowd will be apoplectic over this one. 

Zermatt

We went to Zermatt  2 years ago, during a Europe trip.

The Matterhorn IS impressive, but what else is there? - I mean, apart from Japanese and Korean tourists, all following their guide?

For mountain scenery there is Norway, and if you want food aswell (...), there is Austria.

What makes you like Zermatt so much?

The trekking in the summer and the skiing in the winter. Cheese fondue washed down with fendant from the valais. My visits there were in the 70's and early 80's. No doubt changed a lot, but the treks over the peaks in the summer most memorable.