Ubon Ratchathani Cancer hospital

sammycic

Dear OP,

I've tried to attach a PDF file, but it seems that the file was too big. Please check on this webpage and I think you, or the patient will be in good hands there. Best of luck.

Cancer in thailand_V.. - nci.go.th
www.nci.go.th/.../Nci%20Cancer%20Registry/Cancer%20in%20thailand...
Ubon Ratchathani Cancer Center. Udon Thani .... Ubonratchathani Cancer center. 2. .... Prostate. 61. Urinary bladder. 63. Thyroid gland. 66. Lymphoma. 69.
Missing: radiology

Almost certainly: "Dr Pongsathon Soopa-atakon from Ubon Ratchathani Cancer Centre's radiotherapy department said ....." extract from an article about cancer care in Ubon/SiSaket/Yaso/Mukdahan/Amnat (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/666379-isaan-network-hailed-as-model-for-faster-cancer-treatment/) There was also a posting by a guy on TV 6-12 months ago about him having treatment at URCCH so it would be worth googling for that

btw - I worked out that Sunphassiti Hospital referred to in the article is probably Sapphasit Hospital

Edited by SantiSuk

Almost certainly: "Dr Pongsathon Soopa-atakon from Ubon Ratchathani Cancer Centre's radiotherapy department said ....." extract from an article about cancer care in Ubon/SiSaket/Yaso/Mukdahan/Amnat (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/666379-isaan-network-hailed-as-model-for-faster-cancer-treatment/) There was also a posting by a guy on TV 6-12 months ago about him having treatment at URCCH so it would be worth googling for that

btw - I worked out that Sunphassiti Hospital referred to in the article is probably Sapphasit Hospital

You're right SantiSuk. There's no Sunphassit hospital in Ubon area.

Thanks guys for the info, need to decide to finish my treatment in Australia or come home.

Cheers

i have been as a visitor to the cancer hospital in Ubon a few times over the years and I don't think I would like to be there as a patient. I cant comment on their procedures or standards of care but being a government hospital the place seems to be always teeming with relatives and other hangers on which is very offputting. I have also been to Sappasit hospital quite a few times visiting friends who are "imprisoned" there and there is no way that I could spend any time there recovering from an op or treatment. The swarm of people hanging around would drive me crazy. On the occasions that I have needed medical care in Thailand it has mostly been in private hospitals where you can get some personal space.

Having said all that, I see that you are still in Australia and if it was me I would continue with the treatment before you return.

Just my two cents worth.

Hi sezzo, it's me Jeff. You're right, just so bloody cold here and bit homesick. How's things for you here.

Cheers jeff

Jeff, you are in Sydney mate, cant be feeling the cold there. Come to Canberra for a visit and you will know cold. I will PM you my phone number. Give us a call