Camerata's Guide To The Permanent Residence Process

Hi,

I am repeating the same question posted in this forum does anyone have any update on the 2009 PR applicants and other status its been in a limbo do you think this will happen this year.

Also if your son becomes 21 years heard he cannot be a dependent anymore and needs to have a new visa so quite concerning how to go about this as Immigration only say soon this will be approved when you call them.

Any insights will be greatly appreciated smile.png

No news and I don't expect any news until the political uncertainty continues. There are far more important things to consider for thai govt. other than signing PR for foreigners.

PS. I am from 2011 batch. Both yours and ours batch will most likely be signed altogether. But when, that's a million dollar question.

Hi,

I am repeating the same question posted in this forum does anyone have any update on the 2009 PR applicants and other status its been in a limbo do you think this will happen this year.

Also if your son becomes 21 years heard he cannot be a dependent anymore and needs to have a new visa so quite concerning how to go about this as Immigration only say soon this will be approved when you call them.

Any insights will be greatly appreciated smile.png

No news and I don't expect any news until the political uncertainty continues. There are far more important things to consider for thai govt. other than signing PR for foreigners.

PS. I am from 2011 batch. Both yours and ours batch will most likely be signed altogether. But when, that's a million dollar question.

Thanks for your feedback SAS and Mario hope they wake up and do this soonest fingers crossed!

Hi everyone, I am due to take the interview test early June 2014 (Applied late 2013) for PR. Anyone who recently (past 2 years) took it, care to share some of the subjects & type of questions ?

Thanks !

Edited by PhuketFr

Hi

I would like to know if anyone has applied for a new passport outside of Thailand & then entered back into the country with said new passport & Residence Book? Endorsement is current as well as Immigrant Visa in the old passport.

I know that you have to carry 2 passports until such time as a new visa & endorsement is applied for.

Thanks

One more question to all readers...:

I received my PR in 2012 and want to apply for citizenship soon... anyone tried this yet? Any sucess? Any new information about how long you have to have PR before you can apply? Do they count the 5 years of waiting for the PR 9 after having sucessfully applied for PR) somehow???

Thanks for any related feedback!

You may visit the thread on Nationality in TV forum for all details. However seems You need to wait for 5 years after securing PR. If you have a Thai family you may apply Nationality right away. Normally it takes many years before nationality if approved.

Edited by tamvine

I believe you cannot apply right away, unless you already have been on a Yellow Tabien Baan before getting PR. But ist does make a difference if you are marreid to a Thai nationality or not and if you have a child with Thai nationality.

You will have to go to one of the temporary offices. CW is still closed.

The offices are at imperial world Lad Phrao or Major Hollywood Suksawat.

So the PR section is available at both locations ?

I went to the immigration office in the imperial world Lad Phrao.

Arrived there about 11am.

On the 5th floor signs every 10 meters pointing you to the immigration office. Walked past the rows of people waiting for Laos/Birma queue tickets. Then you will see immigration desks. Got a queue ticket at the desk to the right.

PR desk is number 16.

12 people before me.

Waited for a hour for my number to come up. Then they took my documents and told me to come back to pick it up about 14:30.

Picked it up at 14:30.

All done.

So the answer to my own question is: yes you can do it all on one day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm a new member of this forum wai.gif , probably I'm asking something already discussed, in any case this is my situation:

Married to Thai wife
We just became parents
This one will be my first year with 1 year Non-O visa
In the future I would like to obtain the permanent residence permit,
i have to have at least three years of non-O,
( i should go back to my home country once per year for 30 days..may interfere with the future permanent residence process? )
but what other features are needed?
Best regards to all and tnx a lot
AleKK
PS i forgot to inform you that i have already the yellow book, tabian baan, make some differences?
Tnx again.. cheers!
Edited by ubonjoe
Moved reply from other post

Hi!

I'm a new member of this forum wai.gif , probably I'm asking something already discussed, in any case this is my situation:

Married to Thai wife
We just became parents
( i should go back to my home country once per year for 30 days..may interfere with the future permanent residence process? )
AleKK
PS i forgot to inform you that i have already the yellow book, tabian baan, make some differences?
Tnx again.. cheers!

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa it will not qualify you for PR. You must be on extensions of stay from immigration for 3 consecutive years.

You do not have to stay in the country full time. You can get a re-entry permit and travel as much as you want to.

You also must be working with a work permit and paying taxes for 3 years.

• Like 1

Hi!

Married to Thai wife
We just became parents
AleKK
Tnx again.. cheers!

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa it will not qualify you for PR. You must be on extensions of stay from immigration for 3 consecutive years.

You do not have to stay in the country full time. You can get a re-entry permit and travel as much as you want to.

You also must be working with a work permit and paying taxes for 3 years.

thank you very much Ubonjoe!

Clear and fast reply!

But i still have a doubt, without the payment of 3 years tax (and working of course) there are not probabilities to obtain the PR?
Who is in Los without the necessity of a job, should work and pay tax for 3 years to get it....
No alternatives?
Tnx a lot and best regards
AleKK

Hi to all!

I found this and is not requesting 3 years tax paid by work, maybe is not updated?

on the "Documents required" chapter i can apply for the 3rd qualification for three 'family ' reasons

http://www.thaivisa.com/residence-permit-thailand.html

I'm married with my thai wife from more than five years and we have a baby

ok Sirs, let me know what you think about it

tnx again

Chok dee krap!

What is on paper means nothing really. They will not accept an application for those 3 conditions.

They will accept on based upon marriage if you have worked for 3 years and have earned about 50K baht per month minimum.

You can look here http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=residence

You can find this PDF there that has the required documents you will see that it lists a work permit and tax payments. http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/residence/residence_th_sponser_en.pdf

In reality if you are married to a Thai and can meet the real requirements for PR it would be best to apply for citizenship. It requires working for 3 years and earning 40k baht per month.

If it was possible to apply for PR without having a work permit and etc. I would of already done it.

What is on paper means nothing really. They will not accept an application for those 3 conditions.

They will accept on based upon marriage if you have worked for 3 years and have earned about 50K baht per month minimum.

You can find this PDF there that has the required documents you will see that it lists a work permit and tax payments. http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/residence/residence_th_sponser_en.pdf

In reality if you are married to a Thai and can meet the real requirements for PR it would be best to apply for citizenship. It requires working for 3 years and earning 40k baht per month.

If it was possible to apply for PR without having a work permit and etc. I would of already done it.

Thanks Ubonjoe,
I was looking for a simpler way to live in Thailand and feel even more bureaucratically 'integrated.
Now I got the replies from you (thanks again!) Very interesting .. I could be hired to work by my wife, she has a seasonal business that would like to keep open even during the low season so the next step could be:
-Accountant, create a WP and maintaining it
-Hire Me, 40000 Baht per month
-Hire two Thais workers in the business (in this case the farang is not the owner , so do not need 4 Thais worker, right?)
-Work/tax, Health assistance fees (for me and the 2 employees)
-etc.,etc.
Any rough idea of ​​how much it would cost a thing like that?
I should compare the business's profits and the costs to bring the project forward.
If appear possible I would be conscious of having to work for the next 3/4 years and then decide which application choose (citizenship seems like a dream, too difficult to get, almost utopia).
Excuse me for having expanded to WP but it was inherent in my itinerary to achieve a PR or citizenship.
thank you all, have a nice day!
AleKK

i wrote:

-Hire two Thais workers in the business (in this case the farang is not the owner , so do not need 4 Thais worker, right?)

I mean, husband farang with Thai wife as the owner, requires only two Thais employees (and a lot patience to stay with the Boss 24h..hihihihihi!!!)

-So we need to create a company because i'm involved?

Cheers

Thanks Ubonjoe,
I was looking for a simpler way to live in Thailand and feel even more bureaucratically 'integrated.
Now I got the replies from you (thanks again!) Very interesting .. I could be hired to work by my wife, she has a seasonal business that would like to keep open even during the low season so the next step could be:
-etc.,etc.
I should compare the business's profits and the costs to bring the project forward.
If appear possible I would be conscious of having to work for the next 3/4 years and then decide which application choose (citizenship seems like a dream, too difficult to get, almost utopia).
Excuse me for having expanded to WP but it was inherent in my itinerary to achieve a PR or citizenship.
AleKK

The best and easiest would be to set up a partnership (51/49%) with your wife registered with 1 million baht capital. You can find info on registration and a lot of other useful info in this business guide from the BOI. http://www.boi.go.th/upload/content/AW_BOI-BusinessGuide2014-20130905-web_36759.pdf

The number of Thai employees required would depend upon which work permit office you have to apply to. It could be 0 to 4.

For PR there is no requirement as far as I know to keep working after you make the application. For citizenship you would have be working until you got it from info I have seen.

I would suggest a salary of 50k baht if you go the PR route.

I looked at doing it for PR but decided it was just not worth the cost and effort. Partly because of the wait after the making the application and the uncertainty of it being approved.

Thanks Ubonjoe,

-etc.,etc.

AleKK

The best and easiest would be to set up a partnership (51/49%) with your wife registered with 1 million baht capital. You can find info on registration and a lot of other useful info in this business guide from the BOI. http://www.boi.go.th/upload/content/AW_BOI-BusinessGuide2014-20130905-web_36759.pdf

The number of Thai employees required would depend upon which work permit office you have to apply to. It could be 0 to 4.

For PR there is no requirement as far as I know to keep working after you make the application. For citizenship you would have be working until you got it from info I have seen.

I would suggest a salary of 50k baht if you go the PR route.

I looked at doing it for PR but decided it was just not worth the cost and effort. Partly because of the wait after the making the application and the uncertainty of it being approved.

I would like to add my 2 cents here, although there is no written requirment that you have to keep working while your PR application is under considration, but immigration keep asking to provide yearly tax receipts with many more up dated documents such as social security, even after the interview.

When my PR was approved, WP was one of the requirments to bring along with other original documents.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i wrote:

I mean, husband farang with Thai wife as the owner, requires only two Thais employees (and a lot patience to stay with the Boss 24h..hihihihihi!!!)

-So we need to create a company because i'm involved?

Cheers

When I applied for PR in the 90s I was introduced through one of my staff to a Pol Maj Gen at Immigration who gave me some tips as to how to apply and sponsored me "free of charge" to get through the panel at Immigration and on the next level which is the Immigration Commission comprising of officials from different govt agencies. He told me that they had been ordered to reject out of hand any applicants working for companies with paid-up capital of less than B2 million because there were too many people setting up fake companies with the minimum of B2 million capital required to get a WP. They were not allowed to disclose the actual reason for the rejections because they didn't want applicants complaining that the B5 million baht was not an official requirement. It is Immigration's job to verify all the information presented and, if your company is a "man of straw" and your employment is not real, they will likely figure this out and reject you.

I have no idea whether these internal guidelines still exist at Immigration but the PR application process seems to have got much tougher, more expensive and takes much longer (I got mine within 12 months and some got theirs in 6 months the same year). However, I would personally think that gong to a lot of trouble and expense to set up a company to try to qualify with minimal criteria would not be worth the hassle.

"Hire two Thais workers in the business (in this case the farang is not the owner , so do not need 4 Thais worker, right?)"

I went to the Labour Ministry HQ in Bkk to enquire about how many Thai workers were needed for a WP for some one with PR and was told four. Previously the Labour Ministry had no requirement for Thai workers (it was only Immigration for extensions of NON-B visas) and I was able to get a WP and two one year renewals with no Thai staff at all. Since the Labour Ministry introduced the requirement for Thai staff, at least in Bkk, you need four, although I was told I could write a letter to explain why I needed an exemption, e.g. the first year of a new company, the case of some one earning over B1 million a month etc. There have been reports of some Labour Offices allowing only two Thai staff but not in Bkk, AFAIK. It makes no difference who are the shareholders of the company.

I would like to add my 2 cents here, although there is no written requirment that you have to keep working while your PR application is under considration, but immigration keep asking to provide yearly tax receipts with many more up dated documents such as social security, even after the interview.

When my PR was approved, WP was one of the requirments to bring along with other original documents.

Some people earlier in this thread have said they retired during the PR application process and it was no problem when they explained they had

retired.

I know of other recent applicants who were not required to submit tax documents, work permit etc., while their application was pending final approval from Interior, and when final approval was granted.

What have others experienced?

I applied in December 2013 and will have my interview next week. If final approval from Interior continues to take at least several years, I am close to retirement and don't expect to continue working that long.

One more question to all readers...:

I received my PR in 2012 and want to apply for citizenship soon... anyone tried this yet? Any sucess? Any new information about how long you have to have PR before you can apply? Do they count the 5 years of waiting for the PR 9 after having sucessfully applied for PR) somehow???

Thanks for any related feedback!

This is a question to which there may be no precise answer. The Interior Ministry guidelines state clearly that the 5 years' residence start from the date you get permanent residence but one poster in the citizenship thread said he applied successfully in c2007 with only 3 years' PR and the balance was made up with the previous 2 years on a valid WP and visa. Special Branch told me that some less lucky cases had been knocked back a couple of years later by the Interior Ministry as unqualified. So it probably depends on the current regime at the Interior Minstry. I got the impression from Special Branch that they submitted these applications because Nationality Act doesn't actually define what "residence in Thailand" means. I would recommend going along with your docs to Special Branch at Police HQ Bkk and asking them direct what is the current state of play. If you are knocked back after 2 or 3 years, and have to reapply, you will have wasted time but it might not make much difference to the time taken till you get your ID card. I doubt think failed applications for technical reasons would count against you.

Hi everyone, I am due to take the interview test early June 2014 (Applied late 2013) for PR. Anyone who recently (past 2 years) took it, care to share some of the subjects & type of questions ?

Thanks !

From people who were interviewed within the last 2 years they ask the usual about your personal circumstances and job and then usually ask something a little more difficult. One friend was asked if he had Thai friends and was then asked to supply the full Thai names and employment details of 2 of them (which they didn't seem to check up on later). Another was asked to specify what he thought his contribution to Thai society was.

When I applied in 2006, I had a contineous yearly visa extensions for 9 years, a 5 year old WP for the same company + pnd 01 & 91, with 6 million baht registered capital.

But as Arkady posted in the previos post, the first thing immigration was keen to know was the registered capital of the company, then my salary and taxes, then every thing else.

I applied in 2006, provided all attested and original tax papers for the years from 2001 till 2006, interviewed in 2007, later I recieved an official letter to submit the tax papers for year 2007, so I did, then I recieved these letters on yearly basis for 3 consecutive years and I complied then there was silence for three more years untill I recieved my approval letter in 2012.

Thank you Ubonjoe...but i felt uncomfortable because i can not open the page that you send me, but i found the website and is plenty of informations, i did not see the page for the eventually partneship company facepalm.gif.

I think that i need an english course before the WP!!wai2.gif

wai.gif tnx again

Thank you Ubonjoe...but i felt uncomfortable because i can not open the page that you send me, but i found the website and is plenty of informations, i did not see the page for the eventually partneship company facepalm.gif.

I think that i need an english course before the WP!!wai2.gif

wai.gif tnx again

It is a PDF file try this download: BusinessGuide 2014.pdf

When I applied in 2006, I had a contineous yearly visa extensions for 9 years, a 5 year old WP for the same company + pnd 01 & 91, with 6 million baht registered capital.

But as Arkady posted in the previos post, the first thing immigration was keen to know was the registered capital of the company, then my salary and taxes, then every thing else.

I applied in 2006, provided all attested and original tax papers for the years from 2001 till 2006, interviewed in 2007, later I recieved an official letter to submit the tax papers for year 2007, so I did, then I recieved these letters on yearly basis for 3 consecutive years and I complied then there was silence for three more years untill I recieved my approval letter in 2012.

That's interesting. After my application was accepted in 2006, I didn't have to hand in any more documents, let alone consecutive PND docs.

The only thing they asked me for when I picked up my PR in 2012 was a copy of my current work permit, which was for a different company than the one I had when I first applied.