condo/apt owners now must register foreign tenants?

I rent a condo, and the owner is very worried because they say there's a new rule that they must submit some paperwork by August or they'll need to report to the police.

All because a foreigner is renting their condo.

Is this true that anyone renting to a foreigner must register that fact to the govt now?

what would be the possible consequences for the tenant and landlord?

Both can get a fine for not reporting.

Both?

Seems to me it's the responsibility of the house-master only ??

How could the tenant know if the owner made - or not - the reporting ?

BTW the fine is said to be 2'000 baht in this topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/745069-all-foreignors-in-villas-to-register-with-immig-now/

Edited by Pattaya46

I don't think tenant have any responsibility to do anything, if there is not a different rules for condo rental VS rent rum in hotel/guesthouse.In hotel its the hotel owners problem and not the guests and I think same in condo, house or were ever you stay:

Recently I've had to get a copy of my land lords Talian Ban and his ID to show immigration for an extension based upon marriage, plus the rental agreement (that's in my wife's name). Yes, I'll have to report every 90 days after that, but my landlord seems unaware of anything else he should be doing regarding renting to a Thai and her farang husband.

Recently I've had to get a copy of my land lords Talian Ban and his ID to show immigration for an extension based upon marriage, plus the rental agreement (that's in my wife's name). Yes, I'll have to report every 90 days after that, but my landlord seems unaware of anything else he should be doing regarding renting to a Thai and her farang husband.

Depends on the rental contract, you say contract in your wife's name.

So not the landlord's problem.

Thai lady has the problem for allowing a foreigner to live with her.

Up to your wife to make the immigration report.

ok, thanks for the advise. I am her husband, not just some foreigner. When we go to do the marriage extension, I'll get her to ask about this TM30 form. I would have thought this would have been part of the extension requirements, but no mention of a TM30 looking through the list.

Both can get a fine for not reporting.

Presumably putting the correct address on the arrival card takes care of this requirement for the tenant (or an owner-occupier)? Unless of course he moves to some other address.

ok, thanks for the advise. I am her husband, not just some foreigner. When we go to do the marriage extension, I'll get her to ask about this TM30 form. I would have thought this would have been part of the extension requirements, but no mention of a TM30 looking through the list.

when we arrive at our house each november for the winter stay, we report to the local police station as there is no immigration office handy

Local police station ? What do they know about immigration rules ? Where's ubonjoe when you need him? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

provincial immigration office told us to do it that way and if you look at Form TM30 you will find"

:

tm30.doc

Edited by AYJAYDEE

I reside with my Thai wife in our jointly owned condo. When I recently obtained a 12 months extension from CW, they stapled a Receipt of Notification form in the back of my passport - it reads ' Have received notification of Alien's address from (me, total 1 person) - who notify the residence where aliens have stayed - dated 8.7.2014 and signed by the Immigration Officer. That would seem to satisfy the reporting regulation.

I reside with my Thai wife in our jointly owned condo. When I recently obtained a 12 months extension from CW, they stapled a Receipt of Notification form in the back of my passport - it reads ' Have received notification of Alien's address from (me, total 1 person) - who notify the residence where aliens have stayed - dated 8.7.2014 and signed by the Immigration Officer. That would seem to satisfy the reporting regulation.

but if u leave the country and re-enter, they require re-notification.

I think that would be subject to interpretation of the rule. Unless you were to change your residence here another notification should not be needed. But evidently some immigration officers see it a different way.

Isn't this getting just a bit ridiculous? A wife having to report her husband to immigration because she's renting an apartment? I'd like to see that enforced! LOL

I think that would be subject to interpretation of the rule. Unless you were to change your residence here another notification should not be needed. But evidently some immigration officers see it a different way.

In our case we leave for 8 months and then return for four and the local immigration officials have specifically instructed us to report when we get back each time.

Edited by AYJAYDEE

Isn't this getting just a bit ridiculous? A wife having to report her husband to immigration because she's renting an apartment? I'd like to see that enforced! LOL

i've seen it enforced