Age gap in a relationship, how comfortable are you?

Somsrisonphimai

I normally see about 3 meters of pavement between the foreigner and trailing gal. 

That's merely because people from certain regions in Thailand tend to be quite slothenly, especially when it comes to walking, shuffling along in their loose sandals, they can't keep up with the farang.

Not picking up their feet when walking also leads to knee problems, leading to a further reduced pace.

:) Edited by Grindting

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally see about 3 meters of pavement between the foreigner and trailing gal.

That's merely because people from certain regions in Thailand tend to be quite slothenly, especially when it comes to walking, shuffling along in their loose sandals, they can't keep up with the farang.

Not picking up their feet when walking also leads to knee problems, leading to a further reduced pace.

:)

This sounded like a shoe gap :).

Its not about society accepting, tolerating or condoning nor about little or anything in the way of common interests.

Money is the "common denominator".  See how many of those much younger ex rice farmers or non ex rice farmers would stick around were it not for financial support.

Had an interesting conversation and played a few games of pool with a charming late 20s employee while checking out alone (GF was working) a recently opened pub/restaurant on Suk Soi 7 on a slow afternoon last week. She bemoaned the relentless day-in day-out work ethic required of those of her ilk in BKK. Yet as a rice farmer's daughter she'd done nicely enough for *herself* thank you very much for coming farangs. In 7 years she'd produced enough disposable income to rent a Bangkok apartment, and fund building a decent house back home for her parents - to become hers later, plus the obligatory car and motorcycle. Oh, and had I been on the market a not too subtle invitation was extended to eat with her after work and let her start teaching me thai. Mmm.

Disclosure: me - 65 white male and still working, the Thai GF 41 from non-farming family in Isaan, with a uni degree, lost everything even custody of her daughter after divorcing her thai philandering husband 5 years ago. My previous marriage to a westerner 4 years younger than me lasted 40 years. So yes, I am the same age as the GF's parents, and she is 5 years older than my son. Stated in those terms it sounds gross enough I agree. But during my attendance at her sister's village wedding our age difference appeared not to bother the successful extended family, all of them teachers.

Having just arrived back in Aussie today after spending 4 weeks in BKK with my new lady, and after reading this thread, gee, one starts to wonder. By the way, not once was I asked for money, but when you see a need how can you not volunteer to pay for things like lasik surgery, even when such a thing is not even on her radar. But building up a fruit orchard and house from the get-go on the small rice paddy "farm" she owns is on the menu, even if I believe she is only dreaming. I dunno anymore.

<how can you not volunteer to pay for things like lasik surgery>

Quite easily. Lasik is not an essential or life saving operation and hasn't been around long enough to be proven safe long term, plus if it goes wrong your eye might be permanently damaged. I would never let any surgeon do Lasik on me. If they can't see well, glasses are available for under 100 baht in Thailand.

Its not about society accepting, tolerating or condoning nor about little or anything in the way of common interests.

Money is the "common denominator".  See how many of those much younger ex rice farmers or non ex rice farmers would stick around were it not for financial support.

Had an interesting conversation and played a few games of pool with a charming late 20s employee while checking out alone (GF was working) a recently opened pub/restaurant on Suk Soi 7 on a slow afternoon last week. She bemoaned the relentless day-in day-out work ethic required of those of her ilk in BKK. Yet as a rice farmer's daughter she'd done nicely enough for *herself* thank you very much for coming farangs. In 7 years she'd produced enough disposable income to rent a Bangkok apartment, and fund building a decent house back home for her parents - to become hers later, plus the obligatory car and motorcycle. Oh, and had I been on the market a not too subtle invitation was extended to eat with her after work and let her start teaching me thai. Mmm.

Disclosure: me - 65 white male and still working, the Thai GF 41 from non-farming family in Isaan, with a uni degree, lost everything even custody of her daughter after divorcing her thai philandering husband 5 years ago. My previous marriage to a westerner 4 years younger than me lasted 40 years. So yes, I am the same age as the GF's parents, and she is 5 years older than my son. Stated in those terms it sounds gross enough I agree. But during my attendance at her sister's village wedding our age difference appeared not to bother the successful extended family, all of them teachers.

Having just arrived back in Aussie today after spending 4 weeks in BKK with my new lady, and after reading this thread, gee, one starts to wonder. By the way, not once was I asked for money, but when you see a need how can you not volunteer to pay for things like lasik surgery, even when such a thing is not even on her radar. But building up a fruit orchard and house from the get-go on the small rice paddy "farm" she owns is on the menu, even if I believe she is only dreaming. I dunno anymore.

<how can you not volunteer to pay for things like lasik surgery>

Quite easily. Lasik is not an essential or life saving operation and hasn't been around long enough to be proven safe long term, plus if it goes wrong your eye might be permanently damaged. I would never let any surgeon do Lasik on me. If they can't see well, glasses are available for under 100 baht in Thailand.

My mom had laser surgery on her eyes when she was 85 that was 17 years ago and after having both eyes done she did not need reading glasses anymore and could see better than me. She lived to 91. I had a friend 56 had 1 eye done last year can see fine now. lasers may sound scary but are pretty safe in right hands.

This is a small gap compared to many here, but I'm 27, my girlfriend is 21, and I'm barely surviving this relationship.  There's just no sense of real connection, everything is so superficial and hyperbolic.  It can't last much longer.

I couldn't imagine dating someone below 40 if I was 60.

Aren't the vast majority of farang/Thai relationships superficial? That's why I prefer them, no BS. Any earache and you're on your way. Can't imagine ever discussing the rise of UKIP or the crisis in eastern Ukraine with a Thai girl. Suits me fine.
  • Like 2

This is a small gap compared to many here, but I'm 27, my girlfriend is 21, and I'm barely surviving this relationship.  There's just no sense of real connection, everything is so superficial and hyperbolic.  It can't last much longer.

Aren't the vast majority of farang/Thai relationships superficial? That's why I prefer them, no BS. Any earache and you're on your way. Can't imagine ever discussing the rise of UKIP or the crisis in eastern Ukraine with a Thai girl. Suits me fine.

To each his own; I personally find immensely more value/personal profit in a relationship with someone who shares some of my "headspace", as it were, than a young girl with a fine pussy who does nothing but play with her mobai. But there's room for everything here, so to each his own. You're right in that there is less BS. It's all a little bit of give and take, really.

There are always bar girls, if you're looking for the least bullshit of all.

I normally have people tested before I'll even say hello.  http://www.123test.com/iq-test/

Let's not beat around the bush.  It's lust that attracts older guys to a 20 year old rather than somebody their own age.  After all, why would you settle for stretchmarks and menopause when you could have pert and trim and barely-used.

Also, good luck trying to find that 20 year old Thai girl without stretch marks.

When you belch up crap like that, I have to ask if you live in some kind of parallel universe. Honestly, you're the original boy in a bubble.

An ugly 15 year olds view. Come back here when you have seen a bit of your own life....thumbsup.gif

Here we go. The old "you've gotta have one foot in the grave to know what life's about" BS.

I'm mid 40s, pal and I know more than enough about "life" to be able to offer what I consider to be a valid opinion. You may not agree with it but I'm used to believing what I see with my own eyes so when I see Thais sniggering and bitching about a young Thai woman dragging a 60 yr old pensioner's kids around a Big C, I know it's because there's a stigma attached to it.

The fact that you've had a couple of failed marriages doesn't make your experiences any more valid than mine; particularly when it appears that you've learned sweet FA from them.

So how do you class the pensioners that are younger than you ?

To each his own; I personally find immensely more value/personal profit in a relationship with someone who shares some of my "headspace", as it were, than a young girl with a fine pussy who does nothing but play with her mobai. But there's room for everything here, so to each his own. You're right in that there is less BS. It's all a little bit of give and take, really.

Put me down for the "young pussy" please.
  • Like 1

There are many sensible posts in this thread but also many replete with self-delusion along the lines of "my girlfriend whose age is 40% of mine truly loves me for who I am."

Believe the illusion, guys. It is Thailand's speciality.

Challenge.  Find one.  Find one that says, "My Grilfriend whose age is 40% of mine truly loves me for who I am."  Should be simple.  You said there are many.  How  many?  Not one Briggsy.  All in your mind.  

The myth that guys believe this is a Thai Visa specialty. 

Briggsy did I miss it?  Did you post all of those old coffin dodgers saying, "mine truly loves me for who I am?"  How many were there? 

I feel dirty just from reading this thread.

Every newbie should be aware that most posters who date or are married to girls with such a wide age difference have met their companions in Pattaya and are paying for it in one way or another.

Wait.... there is going to be a horde of sexpats claiming how the wife/gf family is rich and they don't need Farang money at all.

Remember. It is all lies told on this forum to make certain insecure members feel better about themselves.

Just a friendly reminder..... that is all. Things have NOT changed in the last 10 years where balding smelly alcoholic men are suddenly in demand.

No.  I have lived in Pattaya and 4 other towns in Thailand but I did not meet my wife in Pattaya.  I would guess that most Farang met wives in Bangkok.  5 million women is a lot of women. 

Where did you meet all the bad smelly alcoholic men?  Surly not in Thailand.  Everyone I know showers at least twice a day here.  It is not like Europe no one here smells bad.   I walked up and down Beach road after dinner last weekend and must have passed a thousand fellows and none smelled bad.  Where are you writing from? 

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

Why does it annoy some people seeing a man of advanced years with a younger girl. It doesn't bother me in the slightest and I don't get the mindset where it would be annoying.

Doesnt bother me in the least, has no impact on my life whatsoever.

Too be honest it amuses me, what amuses me even more are the excuses offered.

Its nothing more than a financial transaction, you can call it what you want, you cant put lipstick on the pig.

I have more respect for the guys who just come straight out and say it, dont beat about the bush, we all know whats taking place, so do the Thais.

• Like 1

Why does it annoy some people seeing a man of advanced years with a younger girl. It doesn't bother me in the slightest and I don't get the mindset where it would be annoying.

Doesnt bother me in the least, has no impact on my life whatsoever.

Too be honest it amuses me, what amuses me even more are the excuses offered.

Its nothing more than a financial transaction, you can call it what you want, you cant put lipstick on the pig.

I have more respect for the guys who just come straight out and say it, dont beat about the bush, we all know whats taking place, so do the Thais.

I  read this whole thread and never saw an excuse offered.  Did I miss it?  Where did an old guy say the ladies were in it for love?

• Like 1

No.  I have lived in Pattaya and 4 other towns in Thailand but I did not meet my wife in Pattaya.  I would guess that most Farang met wives in Bangkok.  5 million women is a lot of women. 

Where did you meet all the bad smelly alcoholic men?  Surly not in Thailand.  Everyone I know showers at least twice a day here.  It is not like Europe no one here smells bad.   I walked up and down Beach road after dinner last weekend and must have passed a thousand fellows and none smelled bad.  Where are you writing from? 

Just go to he mall to experience a real BO Pattaya Farang. Dipping oneself on the beach after a few beers does not constitute a shower.

I was at Central Mall Pattaya for 6 hours.  Never ran into  a foul smelling person.  What mall are you talking about?

Edited by thailiketoo

Just go to he mall to experience a real BO Pattaya Farang. Dipping oneself on the beach after a few beers does not constitute a shower.

I was at Central Mall Pattaya for 6 hours.  Never ran into  a foul smelling person.  What mall are you talking about?

I saw a farang wearing beige shorts in a shopping mall who had clearly followed through at some point during the day. Either he didn't know or didn't care. On that particular day everybody I met was fragrant. In fact very rarely do I encounter a less than fragrant person.

Pensioners are so-called because they receive pensions. I don't know of any pension scheme - state or private - that dishes out lump sums for annuity purchase or makes regular payments to people younger than 45.

Do you?

That doesn't ANNOY me at all.

The fact they whinge and bitch about people making judgments, laughing, teasing or otherwise reacting negatively towards them CAN be a little annoying.

I've read complaints from posters on this forum whom, for whatever reasons - race, creed, skin colour - have been singled out by both locals and farangs for ridicule and marginalization because they were considered abnormal or they were/are stereotyped by society.

Some of that ridicule and marginalization has actually been leveled by some of the hypocritical lowlifes crying foul about attitudes to them and their 30yr younger wives/GFs.

Imagine the outcry if someone piped up with the usual "If you don't like it, you know where the airport is" but these to***** wheel that one out every time someone else has a complaint or grievance.

I saw a farang wearing beige shorts in a shopping mall who had clearly followed through at some point during the day. Either he didn't know or didn't care. On that particular day everybody I met was fragrant. In fact very rarely do I encounter a less than fragrant person.

What shopping mall? 

Pensioners are so-called because they receive pensions. I don't know of any pension scheme - state or private - that dishes out lump sums for annuity purchase or makes regular payments to people younger than 45.

Do you?

The fact they whinge and bitch about people making judgments, laughing, teasing or otherwise reacting negatively towards them CAN be a little annoying.

I've read complaints from posters on this forum whom, for whatever reasons - race, creed, skin colour - have been singled out by both locals and farangs for ridicule and marginalization because they were considered abnormal or they were/are stereotyped by society.

Some of that ridicule and marginalization has actually been leveled by some of the hypocritical lowlifes crying foul about attitudes to them and their 30yr younger wives/GFs.

Imagine the outcry if someone piped up with the usual "If you don't like it, you know where the airport is" but these tossers wheel that one out every time someone else has a complaint or grievance.

Give us a quote of one with a 30 year age difference that was telling someone to go to the airport? 

Do you?

Imagine the outcry if someone piped up with the usual "If you don't like it, you know where the airport is" but these tossers wheel that one out every time someone else has a complaint or grievance.

Well, that is my attitude, if you don't like it go somewhere else. No wonder the Thai government/militia make it so hard for farangs to do business and live there. They are fully aware farangs are trouble with a sense of entitlement who treat the locals like rubbish. How about the bloke on here who is desperately trying to get a 7/11 girl sacked for not giving him a discount stamp. That's why the Thai's don't want us getting a foothold and I agree with them.

The ones where men walk in singlets.

Central is the best thing that happened to Pattaya.

The guy above (Thaiberius) is not in Thailand.  Anyone can walk through any of the malls in Pattaya and notice no one smells bad he is confusing it with the old country. 

Posts removed. If this general attack on members continues the topic will be closed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
What shopping mall?
[/quote]
Terminal 21, very close to the information desks where the very pretty ladies in Terminal 21 uniform do their nails or Facebook their friends. Occasionally they will answer a question but not very often. Maybe that's where beige shorts had been to ask where a toilet was and couldn't get an answer in time. Only guessing though.

I think most men are comfortable about the girls being 30 years younger or more.... However, doubt the girl deep down feels that good about it.

I mean, would you e.g. feel good sleeping with a 55 year old fat, bald, sweaty, half-drunk woman, if you were a 20 year old guy? When I was 20 years old, that was not exactly part of my dreams and fantasies. But maybe times have changed :-)

Turn it around and think about it... Would you enjoy it?

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 1