Age gap in a relationship, how comfortable are you?

Somsrisonphimai

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seemed the Thai society has accepted a large age gap in a relationship between younger Thai woman and older foreign man

no sir...!

it is only a question of money for the family and where the girl is from (usualy poor area)......a respectable medium class or high class thai famlily will never accept that kind of marriage.

thats why there is a discordance beetween the government laws and what should be our rights in this country , they dont understand what we are doing with those girls, we look like pervert to them.

they dont like it at all, they autorize it or close the eyes because we spend a lot of money, and contribute to the thai economy, but the high society is concervative and do not accept and agree with this way of life.

coffee1.gif

it seemed the Thai society has accepted a large age gap in a relationship between younger Thai woman and older foreign man

no sir...!
it is only a question of money for the family and where the girl is from (usualy poor area)......a respectable medium class or high class thai famlily will never accept that kind of marriage.
thats why there is a discordance beetween the government laws and what should be our rights in this country , they dont understand what we are doing with those girls, we look like pervert to them.
they dont like it at all, they autorize it or close the eyes because we spend a lot of money, and contribute to the thai economy, but the high society is concervative and do not accept and agree with this way of life.
coffee1.gif

The very highest class family in Thailand have a son married to a lady 25 years his junior. Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

no sir...!

coffee1.gif

Not forgetting of course the snidey comments when an elderly farang brings back a young Thai wife to the West. Have to concede though once in the West the marriage goes down the pan, the girl quickly gambles away her share of the spoils and either ends up on the game or goes home. One can understand why westerners have a stereotyped view. 

no sir...!
coffee1.gif

That would seem like a very good reason not to aspire to mix with hiso Thais then, as many here profess to do.

Is my dog safe on a leash?

Having known you for a number of years,,,,, I'd say, "Probably not". wink.png. tongue.png
We need to see a photo of the dog first.

I always wanted to post a new add for a woman in the paper.

"WANTED. Woman. Must have fishing boat with motor. Please send photo of boat and motor"
  • Like 1

Personally I don't think I would want a massive age gap, Mrs T is 6 years younger than me, which Is fine. However, maybe I should have a 20 year old Mia Noi, to make me fit in laugh.png

I always go for older women, when I was a young guy I went out with a 40 y.o Thai lady, I was 23 & did she teach me a thing or two.........but that's perhaps for another time.

I wonder if she's still alive ? tongue.png

At 18 years old I was with a 32 year old for about a year. She loved it. Shagging all hours of the day and night - as you do at that young age and full of sex drive.

Me? I loved it too. All that pent up energy released. Great days w00t.gif

no sir...!

coffee1.gif

Not forgetting of course the snidey comments when an elderly farang brings back a young Thai wife to the West. Have to concede though once in the West the marriage goes down the pan, the girl quickly gambles away her share of the spoils and either ends up on the game or goes home. One can understand why westerners have a stereotyped view. 

I understand you 2 perfectly, I have children of my own from many wives.laugh.png

I was wondered in your country, does the society accept the relationship as it does in Thailand?

Seems to have (once upon a time) worked for Rupert and for Larry King and for Onassis and for Woody Allen and for Nicole Smith.

bechet-allen-manzie-allen-woody-allen.jp  r-RUPERT-MURDOCH-DIVORCE-large570.jpg?13

s-LARRY-KING-SHAWN-large.jpg    anna-nicole-smith-gold-digger-300x239.jp

• Like 1

no sir...!
coffee1.gif

The very highest class family in Thailand have a son married to a lady 25 years his junior.

Well well she aged quickly....10 years in a couple of minutes.....

Just put it in perspective....how many 20 year old men date women in their 60s?

I can't believe the naivety of some people. The Caribbean islands, Egypt and the Gold Coast of Africa all have a reputation for old widows getting serviced by young guys. Of course the widows are rich and are very generous to the young guys, so don't assume it's just a male thing. I'm sure it happens with well heeled old divorcees in the US and Europe, it just may not be as obvious as in Thailand.

Edited by giddyup

I knew a farang prostitute living in Blackpool, UK who would travel to Thailand twice a year to be serviced by younger men. This would have been about '87/'88 and she was about mid-forties at the time. 

Edited by Thaiberius

Easy enough to type that kind of stuff.....like to see you try.

Try what? If you doubt what I'm saying do a bit of research, just Google the subject. Perhaps you should have done that before you go making blanket statements.

Edited by giddyup

I can't believe the naivety of some people. The Caribbean islands, Egypt and the Gold Coast of Africa all have a reputation for old widows getting serviced by young guys. Of course the widows are rich and are very generous to the young guys, so don't assume it's just a male thing. I'm sure it happens with well heeled old divorcees in the US and Europe, it just may not be as obvious as in Thailand.

surprised at your lack of comprehension....as I said it is to put it in perspective and I'm referring to the people on this thread.

surprised at your lack of comprehension....as I said it is to put it in perspective and I'm referring to the people on this thread.

Why on earth would a 20 year old guy date a 60 year old woman in Thailand, or anywhere else for that matter. Unless there's money involved.

»Do you and your Thai wife/girlfriend feel comfortable with the relationship in your country as you feel in Thailand?«

May be different kind of accept in a farang’s home country and vary from country to country.

In my “home” it is widely acceptable or even “cool” with elder men and younger women if the elder man is either famous or wealthy, preferably both, whilst “normal” men are often looked a bit down at when having a much younger and foreign looking GF/wife.

»Or how comfortable are you with your relationship in Thailand?«

Seems to me that Thais in general accept age difference, know Thai men at my age having a younger wife than my GF, perhaps a man makes face by having a (much) younger wife, mia noi or gik…?

I am very comfortable with the age difference between my GF and me here, and I believe it feels Okay for both of us.

»How could a man, who is in his retirement age, possibly have anything in common with a young girl, who has just turned 21?«

Apart from probably most men never get too old to look after young beautiful women, it may merely be a question of “mind”, meaning how old one feels – like Graucho Marx said: »It’s not a question how old you are, but how you are old…« smile.png

But OP is right about the questions of what a man in his retirement age may have in common with a young girl around 20. Can be a lot, but can also be difficult – I think it’s very individual…

It’s no secret that there is almost 32 years age gap between my GF and me, however we have managed to stay together for more than 10 years now – perhaps because she had not just turned 21, but was already 22 when we met. Yes, that may be the reason, and why it has worked out much better than with my first Thai GF; she was hardly was 20 when we met, so still teen, and we mainly, or only, had my ATM card as common interest… whistling.gif

By the way, how about the other way round – seems like a growing trend in some (or many) Western countries that mature ladies have (very) young boyfriends, easily with an age gap of 25 or 30 years, and that’s in general considered “cool”; any opinion about “something wrong with that picture”…? wink.png

I am 76 and she is 24. Been together 3 years now. I asked her a couple times why she stays with me an older man and she states "Younger man when he tired of me he will kick me out" I have set money aside for her and after I am gone if she handles it wisely she can survive without working or another man.
  • Like 2

Somsrisonphimai ... I like the stuff you write, but I always have this nagging doubt.

You are Thai correct?

Living in Thailand?

A Thai Woman?

It's just that you always talk about Thailand in the 3rd person.

"it seemed the Thai society has accepted" ... wouldn't you naturally write along the lines of the first person in the style of 'our society'.

That said ... MissFarmGirl seems to be fine with me.

Our age differerence is known to our friends.

For those who are curious as to that number ... buy me a beer and heck, I'll throw in the winning Lotto numbers for next week ...  laugh.png

I have never heard a thai use the phrase "a while back"

She is  a English teacher name Frank, who is have a middle-life chrisis. I am a Thai/German woman in mid- menopause, and fantacize about being a Scottish man. Internet is wunderbar..

Why on earth would a 20 year old guy date a 60 year old woman in Thailand, or anywhere else for that matter. Unless there's money involved.

One guy did in a pub I frequented in Leith and started snogging her in public-  he got the **** kicked out of him as one would expect.

If a guy walked in with a Thai woman 20 years his junior, he'd get a lot of stick.

My first wife in UK was 10 years younger my second 16 it lasted 14 years my Thai wife is 24 years younger it's 21 years now ,I can't help being such a handsome devil ,come to think of it she is now the oldest woman I have ever made love to, and I am the oldest man she has

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Married for 48 years! No way I'd marry more than once.

If you are not over 80, there is something mathematically wrong. wrong.

Edited by Neeranam

Let's not beat around the bush.  It's lust that attracts older guys to a 20 year old rather than somebody their own age.  After all, why would you settle for stretchmarks and menopause when you could have pert and trim and barely-used.

I suspect most 60 year old western women have seen a lot less use than many 20 year old Thai girls.
'Age' and 'use' are not the same word.

Also, good luck trying to find that 20 year old Thai girl without stretch marks.

It really depends where you come, look for girls, and mingle...

My wife and I have been together for 7 years. She is a professional woman(attorney) and I'm a retired attorney(USA). The age difference is substantial,35 years. Her family is pleased with our life together. And,our life together is fantastic. In the time we have been together are relationship has been as good as it gets. She is happy and I'm happy...We have a love that I could have only dreamed about 10 years ago. She is a great wife and companion.An honest and loving person who is like a breath of sunshine each day.Just hearing her voice will give me chills. She sure keeps me feeling like a young guy.

Thank you Thailand for such a lovely woman.

Where's the smiley with the 2 fingers in the mouth?

What if she was a somtam seller and you were a retired binman - would it not be as acceptable?