Ms Yingluck and Pheu Thai members face indictment from the EC

Lite Beer

Not at all suprised. The establishment has been trying to eliminate any challenges since 2006 to pave an easy way for the Dem Party to form the government. In less than 10 years, the TRT and their successive parties and politicians have been dissolved and banned. Meanwhile, all charges and indictments relating to the Dem Party have been thrown out of court or quietly delayed even though they have been charged for election fraud and illegal donations. Que sera sera.

The problem with your conspiracy theory is that reality disagrees with it, for example:

The Election Commission voted Tuesday to disqualify MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra as the winner of the Bangkok governor election a year ago.

What has this case got to do with party dissolution and banning of politicians? This peripheral case will not rock the government or party stability and not what the establishment are after.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The way of her brother. And, regrettably, an acceptable way for Thailand. Get rid of another shina but not put her in jail. That would lead to strong foreign protests. Now she can stay away in self chosen exile because of a "conviction in a politically motivate trial". Blahblahblah. The main thing is she's history in Thailand. Thank you three times.

Others can serve time. Ex-ministers are high ranking enough to show no corrupt official will be spared this time. Please, please put them behind bars. Show the people you really mean business.

Hopefully their passports will be confiscated immediately.

This has got to be a joke story, right? They go after them because they actually were running for office, but look other way when Suthep etc flagrantly disrupted, occupied and all around prevented democratic process (by Thai standards) from happening? Amazing frickin' Thailand!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This virtually guarantees Ms. Yingluck will not return from her 'holiday'. Especially now, that the NCPO is digging into the books on the rice scam scheme, she knows there will be even more criminal trials in her future if she returns. Of course, she is being 'driven' out of Thailand and not fleeing prosecution.

I read in another news source Yingluck is looking for a school in London for her eleven year old son. Her son living in London with her living in Thailand? I don't think so.

Maybe she understands now, that if a Thai studies in the UK, he returns to Thailand and is totally immune and can do all sh*t he likes.

On the contrary, it should teach her not to be a coward; but face charges and stand up for yourself,if you did nothing wrong. Instead of being a shameless scared puppy, running abroad to avoid consequences.

I haven't a clue whether she will return or not. I don't know if she is guilty or not but that fact that the EC says all these PTP members face indictment is pretty broad challenge. The EC must be working overtime trying to bring down the PTP. As usual there are no specifics in the OP, so all the comments posted here are based on nothing but personal opinion with no basis on any facts as they have not been presented. So as usual the hang the Shinawatras club is out in full force. It is obvious to anyone that the cards are stacked against her and the PTP. Her chances of getting any semblance of a fair trial are nil. Notice that the Democrats have faced little in the way of charges for disrupting elections. It's difficult not to suspect that the deck is stacked. I personally hope she comes back to fight the charges against her and proves them wrong as I think it just may show how ludicrous the justice system in Thailand really is and which side of the political spectrum they are working for. Bet you will see in the new, rewritten for the umpteenth time, constitution that the generals will be granted some kind of immunity from prosecution for staging a coup. Anyone who actually follows Thailand and Thai politics can only see Thailand as a bad joke. Taking sides in Thai politics is a totally foolish endeavor because the whole system is corrupt top to bottom.

Interesting that Adul Singsangkaew, a member of the NCPO will be indicted along with the other crooks. Does that mean he will be forced to resign from the NCPO?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

As I have pointed out on many times . Thailand is a member of Interpol so the Thai's could easily have them (the Shin's) arrested and extradited back.

Then there must be reasons they don't tell us why they don't request international arrests.

On the contrary, it should teach her not to be a coward; but face charges and stand up for yourself,if you did nothing wrong. Instead of being a shameless scared puppy, running abroad to avoid consequences.

I haven't a clue whether she will return or not. I don't know if she is guilty or not but that fact that the EC says all these PTP members face indictment is pretty broad challenge. The EC must be working overtime trying to bring down the PTP. As usual there are no specifics in the OP, so all the comments posted here are based on nothing but personal opinion with no basis on any facts as they have not been presented. So as usual the hang the Shinawatras club is out in full force. It is obvious to anyone that the cards are stacked against her and the PTP. Her chances of getting any semblance of a fair trial are nil. Notice that the Democrats have faced little in the way of charges for disrupting elections. It's difficult not to suspect that the deck is stacked. I personally hope she comes back to fight the charges against her and proves them wrong as I think it just may show how ludicrous the justice system in Thailand really is and which side of the political spectrum they are working for. Bet you will see in the new, rewritten for the umpteenth time, constitution that the generals will be granted some kind of immunity from prosecution for staging a coup. Anyone who actually follows Thailand and Thai politics can only see Thailand as a bad joke. Taking sides in Thai politics is a totally foolish endeavor because the whole system is corrupt top to bottom.

It is already written in, in clause 48, so they are making sure they are protected.

I read in another news source Yingluck is looking for a school in London for her eleven year old son. Her son living in London with her living in Thailand? I don't think so.

Maybe she understands now, that if a Thai studies in the UK, he returns to Thailand and is totally immune and can do all sh*t he likes.

So, even if they are all guilty as charged, you will err on the side of defending them. As for the Democrats, they have hardly been in a position to practice the corruption of Thaksin and his puppet parties. You do agree that PPP and PTP are puppets of Dr. Thaksin, don't you? http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/article/1366526/yingluck-shinawatra-puppet-hanging-thread-thailand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYXqb4k6cL0

Yes, the EC are the cleanest of clean.

What a complete shower, now they show their true colors now their nemesis are out of the way.

They will be a few more that will have the open fist up their backs controlling them making sure as many indictments as possible will be made ensuring that Yingluck et all will not be be returning,for the time being anyway.

Nobody is forcing the Shinawatras to flee. If they had a spine to share between them they'd stay to answer the charges.

And the less of the Shin family members and cronies are running free in Thailand, the less damage they can do to the country....

• Like 1

This has got to be a joke story, right? They go after them because they actually were running for office, but look other way when Suthep etc flagrantly disrupted, occupied and all around prevented democratic process (by Thai standards) from happening? Amazing frickin' Thailand!

Yingluck and PTP were warned by the EC to be careful not to breach the rules. As usual all rules were ignored and PTP went about things as they saw fit.

Lots of countries have strict rules concerning conduct around election time and prohibit the incumbent government (or caretaker) using public money and assets in electioneering.

Don't try and exonerate PTP's wrongdoings by saying someone else did something wrong. So many try that excuse over and over again.

PTP knew the risks, ignored them, thought they could wangle a new 4 year mandate, failed and now have to face the music.

They had their protestors out on the streets too; in a country which is actually a constitutional monarchy anyway. He showed the world how inept PTP are that they can't get him off the streets. Turn the other way would be referring to police corruption and red shirt violence. Finally cracked when they were kicked out of office, and cases are finally looked into. Suthep just agitated them, taking a piss at them to look like fools who can manage nothing. He proved to us that is indeed all PTP are (were: they are history!).

Not at all suprised. The establishment has been trying to eliminate any challenges since 2006 to pave an easy way for the Dem Party to form the government. In less than 10 years, the TRT and their successive parties and politicians have been dissolved and banned. Meanwhile, all charges and indictments relating to the Dem Party have been thrown out of court or quietly delayed even though they have been charged for election fraud and illegal donations. Que sera sera.

Since 2006 the TRT party owned and run by Thaksin was abolished as they had been found guilty of electoral fraud

The PPP, (whose PM was Somchai Wongsawat, coincidently Thaksins brother in law) also owned by Thaksin was aboilished as they had been found guilty of electoral fraud.

Now the PTP, ( whose PM was Yingluck Shinawatra, coincidently Thaksins sister) also owned by Thaksin may be facing a similar fate of electoral fraud.

The common factors in all 3 parties is that they were all owned by Thaksin and Thaksin and his family ran the 3 political parties werealso involved in electoral fraud the in the case of the PTP it was campaigning before the February election but it was still going to be voted on until it was made null and void later in the year.

• Like 1

Besides Ms Yingluck, the eight former cabinet ministers and a senior official are Plodprasob Suranswadi, Charupong Ruangsuwan, Chadchart Sitthipan, Santi Promphat, Sermsak Pongpanich, Thanusak Lek-uthai, Visarn Techathirawat and Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew.

Does this mean that Chalerm escapes once again? The guy is like a cockroach, impossible to get rid of.

Just ensure he has a good supply of booze on hand, we won't survive long.

As I have pointed out on many times . Thailand is a member of Interpol so the Thai's could easily have them (the Shin's) arrested and extradited back.

Then there must be reasons they don't tell us why they don't request international arrests.

I believe it has been posted on other threads that the crimes would be considered political in nature and not subject to extradition.

I also understand that the UAE (which includes Dubai) are either not members of Interpol or not signatories to the extradition treaties.

Hence the choice of Dubai. So near yet so far...

One inflammatory post has been removed also a quoted reply to it:

Extraordinary events are taking place once again, and it is important that this venue remains a source of reliable and accurate information so that those needing information to keep their families safe and informed are able to do so without finding a forum cluttered up with senseless fighting, rumours and speculation.

For the time being we will have a zero tolerance policy towards:

- Abusive behaviour towards others.

- Rumour mongering, speculation, or other inflammatory posts.

- Political lobbying or propaganda of any kind.

- Abusing the report system.

Posts in violation will be deleted without comment and posting rights removed.

It is time to set aside your bickering and arguments and help keep others informed. We thank you in advance for your co-operation.

Thank You

I really find it hard to comprehend how many Thaivisa members cannot see through what is happening, blindly believing the Junta's rhetoric. May I suggest some of you start looking at history, asking questions and thinking for yourselves. The information is out there, you just need to leave your bar stools for an hour or two and put the work in.

wai.gif

Edited by Mr Yim
  • Like 2

Very true but if we go back to when Abbisit was in power Thaksin was less trouble out of the country to the Democrats than in it.

Thaksin would have been grandstanding with 1,000's prostrating themselves at his feet. I hope in the near future the media is a Shinawatra free zone.

Thaksin is right up there with Mugabe and Gadaffi on human rights issues alone, a horrible odious ,power hungry little man.

I doubt they want it to to be a Shinawatra free zone. If they finally get rid of him who can they hide behind when the corruption, cronyism etc continues unabated, much as it has done since before he even dreamed of entering politics. For all his wrongs, he is a convenient scapegoat for the countries problems which were around long before him and in all probability will be around long into the future.

Let me get this straight.She's being pursued by a tainted and partisan organisation for an alleged offence under a constitution that no longer exists for an election that never took place.

Let me get this straight.She's being pursued by a tainted and partisan organisation for an alleged offence under a constitution that no longer exists for an election that never took place.

Maybe she should ask the EC where the 3bn budget went that they received for the election they did not really try and hold.

• Like 2

I really find it hard to comprehend how many Thaivisa members cannot see through what is happening, blindly believing the Junta's rhetoric. May I suggest some of you start looking at history, asking questions and thinking for yourselves. The information is out there, you just need to leave your bar stools for an hour or two and put the work in.

wai.gif

Who in hell wants to live in the past.??? Just to put you straight --"how many" near all TVF posters seem to be with the army at the moment--a hardcore not. Does that not question your idea of what is right.

Who gave you the crazy notion that Majority of TVF posters sit on bar stools--as you say-- shows your homework and history is not so hot.

I would hazard a guess that 90% of long termers here do not sit all day on bar stools. Get around more and ask those you see sat on bar stools if they are TVF posters or beer swillers on holiday.

• Like 2

Very true but if we go back to when Abbisit was in power Thaksin was less trouble out of the country to the Democrats than in it.

Thaksin would have been grandstanding with 1,000's prostrating themselves at his feet. I hope in the near future the media is a Shinawatra free zone.

Thaksin is right up there with Mugabe and Gadaffi on human rights issues alone, a horrible odious ,power hungry little man.

I doubt they want it to to be a Shinawatra free zone. If they finally get rid of him who can they hide behind when the corruption, cronyism etc continues unabated, much as it has done since before he even dreamed of entering politics. For all his wrongs, he is a convenient scapegoat for the countries problems which were around long before him and in all probability will be around long into the future.

Quote " for all his wrongs, he is a convenient scapegoat.cheesy.gif We all understand here that corruption has been around for donkey's years, I have an idea he didn't help one bit to lessen that trend only add to it. Please do not give us that twaddle.

• Like 1

Convenient scapegoat, maybe to a point but certainly the master of corruption and cronyism, that you cannot deny.

Wow - seems like a lot of people on Thai Visa (expats I'm guessing?) really love to hate on Yingluck & Co. blink.png? Thing is, as an outsider looking in and having spoken with a lot of peeps in my travels around Thai (beautiful country that it is), the more angst directed at the Shina clique by certain parties, the more (quietly) revered by the common folk they become. Maybe, instead of trying to imprison everybody, the EC and related authorities should focus on how to stage elections without rabble-rousers causing disruption to them? These disruptions effectively reset the progressive clock, over and over. Ultimately to the detriment of Thai people and only serve to keep the flames of political instability burning. Sure they wouldn't be as 'free and fair' as some might like, but a country able to stage regular democratic elections without the need for post-electoral military intervention will get much farther than one who is seen as unable to keep from constantly smacking itself in the face, politically speaking. Re: the latest allegations; If the Pheu Thai party owes money then make them pay it back as a condition of participating in future elections. Imprisonment will only make Matyrs of them and push hopes for a progressive democracy further down the toilet. Think positive and promote rational discussion. The only way forward in my view. I really hope they (i.e. all Thais) can make it work for themselves!

Edited by harryd