Getting Fed Up Of Thailand

robes

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Retiring in Thailand is far better than trying to work, i wont even ask if you have a work permitwhistling.gif

Overall the enforced rules need to be applied,we have terrorism on the southern border,world wide crazy muslims, non thai criminaLS, overstayers,ed visa scammers,do i need to continue????

The whole system has not been adhered to, and non thais think its so easy to flaunt the LAW.

All the corruption haters, welcome to the Junta

• Like 2

I have lived here 4 years now and I am starting to look for another place. I am simply feed up with the trouble of doing business here, visa, work-permit etc. and of course also now having to report to the police, when we go and visit friends and family here. It is just too much and I have become really sick of it.

Our company here could e.g. grow and easily hire 2-3 skilled foreigners, but since we need hire 4 Thai-employees to get one work-permit, then it is simply not worth staying here. And we can not find the skilled local staff, so it is impossible to grow the business here. It is simply stupid and frustrating as well. Can not find local staff, but need them to be able to hire skilled foreign staff.

Will visit both Cambodia and Philippines during the next couple of weeks and then decide where to move. One thing is for sure... I am out of here. I was hoping for better conditions for foreigners here, but have seen nothing else that more and more restrictions. It seems as Thailand is only a place for older people with their pensions to spend.

A shame really...

Very big pensions in some cases

Get yourself a Cambodian passport, only 500,000 us dollars, peanuts realy

• Like 1

Not considering shipping out from here,but i will help you pack your bags,with your skills surely anywhere else in the world would be better suited for you.

The law is clear about carrying id as we all know.

Bon voyage.clap2.gif

• Like 1

The OP is obviously upset, we are all here to offer words of support and encouragement for the poor simple sod.

Dear OP, have you been gurgling Badgers milk ?

Might be a tad expensive for the OP

I do not understand why people have to announce to everyone when they want to leave a room.

Just go, we didn't know you until 5 minutes ago, so rest assured that we won't miss you.

He will be missed down at the Sukhimvit Felchers club.

• Like 2

OP, if its any consolation whatsoever, I know two Thai women who have been thrown in jail for riding their motorbikes from Walking St after a few drinks. Both claim to have been treated 'like shit' by Pattaya BiB and both were subjected to extortionate demands for money. I would also note that many Thais cheered when the General fired the police chiefs - unfortunately his crackdown on tea money appears to have made them even keener to find new revenue streams.

I know a couple of brits who were arrested for drink driving,thrown in jail too, maybe deportation. having only a few drinks is still over the limit,they should have 6 months in jail,plenty of mb taxis,and baht buses.

• Like 2

I don't work here I am a student, I am not trolling no and I can speak Thai fluently but I am not so hot on writing just yet. I can write how I would speak if you want proof. Sam wan ti-leow rot kon pom hi laow, mai rue krai ow der donee mai mee rot. Ja tam yang nai mai reu, der pom naa bua maak. Mee banha kerab tukwan. Anyway enough of that, basically my bike was parked outside of a police station, a tourist police station for that matter, and when I got back it was gone. So I went over to them and they were playing cards at the time, go figure, they seemed very disinterested and so I spoke a Thai slur and that was enough to warrant one of them to come up to me. We argued and then got into a scuffle, then I was cuffed and whilst cuffed beaten around the head and face sat down, and then kicked. I got put in a cell and was not charged with anything and released the next day. I do have things to offer like I said, I graduated with a diploma in graphic design but starting a business here is beyond my means. This is the first time I have ever had an encounter with the police in this fashion and I am a quite kind of guy, prefer to read a book than go to a bar. I am thinking maybe Laos or Cambodia, the languages will be easy enough to pick up.

We argued and then got into a scuffle cheesy.gif

What are you studying? Who told you it is a good thing to get into a scuffle inside a police station?

• Like 2

I have lived here 4 years now and I am starting to look for another place. I am simply feed up with the trouble of doing business here, visa, work-permit etc. and of course also now having to report to the police, when we go and visit friends and family here. It is just too much and I have become really sick of it.

Our company here could e.g. grow and easily hire 2-3 skilled foreigners, but since we need hire 4 Thai-employees to get one work-permit, then it is simply not worth staying here. And we can not find the skilled local staff, so it is impossible to grow the business here. It is simply stupid and frustrating as well. Can not find local staff, but need them to be able to hire skilled foreign staff.

Will visit both Cambodia and Philippines during the next couple of weeks and then decide where to move. One thing is for sure... I am out of here. I was hoping for better conditions for foreigners here, but have seen nothing else that more and more restrictions. It seems as Thailand is only a place for older people with their pensions to spend.

A shame really...

Very big pensions in some cases

Get yourself a Cambodian passport, only 500,000 us dollars, peanuts realy

I don't really need a passport, since I already have one.

I just need a place to have a business, where I do not need to hire 4 local staff, when I want to hire a foreigner who can do the job. Besides that would be nice to be able to own 100% of the business, I invest 100% in and not only 49%. Have until now stayed here for personal reasons and because I hoped things would change to the better. Since this does not seem to be the case, then luckily I have other options.

There are actually countries out there, who actually value foreign investment and skills and who will not make things as complicated as possible for me. The current situation here does not attract or value foreign investors and entrepreneurs. It might take some time for Thailand to see that, but when they do it might also hurt the people living on their pensions here.