Canadian Journalist Shot Dead By Girlfriend In Chiang Mai

Jai Dee

Yes I agree with maejoman here, somefacts starts out by stating they will only

try to stick to some simple facts here
and then proceeded to smear the woman's reputation with "I have heard" more than once. "I have heard" is not facts, it is unsubstantiated rumor.

Lets try to avoid these kinds of statements in the future. If a person cannot post anything other than hateful posts, or unsubstantiated rumors, then please, refrain from doing so.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where to start, except to say never believe what you read in the papers or on internet websites without really digging out facts yourself. I have done some direct digging

I will try to stick to some simple facts here and will try to get more facts later. And I only now place this here because the shooter’s claims are being spread far and wide and other nonsense is being portrayed here as supposed fact and I thought it was time for a healthy dose of skepticism, if nothing else, since Daniel cannot defend himself at this point.

I have known the victim for 4 years and have known his Thai significant-other nearly as long (as Thaimeup said, not a gold-digger) (among other things she worked for orphaned children even before she met Daniel) and I know dozens of others who knew him well and worked with him. Neither I nor any others I have spoken with have heard him claim to be Jesus or any other such nonsense. So forget about finding cult followers here or elsewhere. Not sure about his ancient past but would not tend to believe a 20+ yr old report by someone wanting a piece of his millions, that has not been substantiated since then.

Daniel was independently wealthy and owned properties all over the world. He was an independent journalist who had done some work for CNN - I have seen some of his interviews personally. He was a minor film producer and did a documentary for the UN which I have seen. He has worked on numerous projects in conjunction with the UN, especially assisting children. He was a philanthropist and humanitarian, supporting many good causes. I could go on for another hour but suspect an official biography will soon appear anyway.

If there were any chance that the shooter's story were true, I would say to give her sympathy, if it is outright fabrication then I would say perhaps reserve most of your sympathy for others who have been affected by her action. I have strong reason to believe it is utter fabrication and that she has had quite some time to plan what to say if caught.

She is claiming that he attacked her and she got the gun from him and shot him (as already pointed out this is not likely as he worked out daily and was quite strong). Then instead of dropping the gun in revulsion and panic and running back into the restaurant to ask for help or simply collapsing after the adrenal rush was over she gets in her car and drives many kilometers to a spot on the river where she tosses the gun into the river. It is also unusual that her car was parked on the street across from the restaurant and not in the spacious and more secure parking lot right next to the restaurant where there was plenty of open parking that evening according to someone who was there. If Daniel attacked her it was thoughtful of him to have done it next to her car. On the other hand if she had coolly planned it, what better place for a quick getaway. Unfortunately for her someone had enough mental alertness to jump in his car and follow her.

Next we come to her story of Daniel's abuses against her and the children. As someone pointed out recently on another TV thread there is no better way to permanently damage someone’s reputation than to accuse them of rape; throw child into the formula as well as woman beating and man have you ever created yourself a monster.

Let’s look at some other interesting information. Jeanna has been arrested twice that I have heard of for child neglect. And according to some who have spent time with the children she herself has a history of mental instability and the children have reported being both mentally and physically abused by Jeanna but I can find no one who has ever heard them say anything against Daniel. I have also heard that Jeanna has tried to use this same story at least once before against someone else either in USA or Canada.

Recently one of Daniel’s daughters from a previous marriage volunteered to care for the kids when Jeanna suddenly decided to take a one-year sabbatical from caring for them. Daniel has financially supported Jeanna and her children for decades despite the fact that they have never been married or supposedly never even been in a serious relationship.

I’m tired and I have not even told half of what I have dug up. I am not saying 100% sure that I think this was premeditated murder, but I am saying that I would lean much more that way than believe her story.

Two other points. I just realized that her two stories don’t fit together, though either one would tend to generate strong emotional support for her. One story makes you feel she had reason to go after him with a gun. But she is claiming he came after her and it was self-defense.

One person I spoke with who knew Daniel said that several months ago Jeanna approached him using a false name and a false story of her association with Daniel in order to gain his confidence. Then proceeded to try to find out where Daniel was and when he would be back in Thailand. The main point is that he said that she lied perfectly and he had no sense that she was anything but what she claimed. Maybe she was not yet planning a murder, but why the false name and false story if it were an innocent enquiry?

I would be very cautious, without some hard indication of her innocence, about contributing to some fund to get her out on bail because she has portrayed herself as the victim here. From there it would not be hard to flee the country. If someone else has information to support her claims let's hear it.

There are still plenty of unanswered questions. If she did plan this for some time then why? I have heard one theory as to why, but will not post that here as it is not clear or solid enough yet. If she had gotten away with it, it seems that she would have killed the goose that laid the golden egg. Was "30 pieces of silver" involved somehow as well? And whose silver? And again why?

Wow! You must be in marketing. After that introduction promising only facts, imagine my disappointment to hear none. Only more gossip, conjecture, innuendo, and bullshit.

okay,here goes the real truth and nothing but the truth. I swear on my life. I've been logging on to this site often for the past few days and didn't know if I would ever respond, but now feel I should. My name is Kari, I was the common law wife of the deceased, George Patrick Dubie. We lived on the island of Kauai, HI. I have three children by George. a son 28 born April 12 1978, a daughter 26, born Feb 22 1980 and another son 24, born May 8 1982. Most of the time I called George, Keoki, but around 1979 he insisted I start calling him Shon. George was born March 17 1950. He did indeed claim to be of God and that he could do miracles, he liked to call them "changes of realities" We had many members of our group that was know as the "Signifigance". He brain washed many. My daughter was the one that was abducted. That time was almost unbearable and the only thing that kept me somewhat sane were my two sons. 6 1/2 years George kept her from me. Why? because I had wanted out of the cult, he pysically and mentally tortured me and many others. I tryed to run a few times, always to be found, locked up and punished and not let out until he thought I would obey him again. He's a very evil man. but, even I didn't want him dead! Now there is no chance that my children and their many 1/2 brothers and sisters and his many victims can ever have real justice. I would have rather had him rot in jail. I, at least had the satisfaction of being the one who had him put in jail for a year on Oahu. Another very special lady helped me do this. She has 4 children by him. The one in jail I hear has at least 5 with him. I know of an older daughter before my son and none of are sure how many more there are.

these abused and abanded children are the innocent victims of George Patrick Dubie!!!! Did you all notice........He didn't rise on the third day after his death...What's with that KEOKI

specialk,

Thank you very much for sharing this story. It could not have been easy. Best to you .

Not sure where to start, except to say never believe what you read in the papers or on internet websites without really digging out facts yourself. I have done some direct digging

I will try to stick to some simple facts here and will try to get more facts later. And I only now place this here because the shooter’s claims are being spread far and wide and other nonsense is being portrayed here as supposed fact and I thought it was time for a healthy dose of skepticism, if nothing else, since Daniel cannot defend himself at this point.

Wow, he sure had you sucked in, didn't he ? But then, if you knew the facts, you'd know that is what Dube specialized in. Sucking people in with bullshit stories and then using/abusing them.

Maybe you should try reading the FACTS about this guy first, then try to justify your SPECULATIONS afterwards.

If you did know him so well, what is the name of the UN documentary he supposedly did ? Why does the UN not seem to know anything about him ? Why does CNN claim to not know him ? What about the big movie he was supposed to be making, starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Love-Hewitt (about the Bali bombing) ? What about the movie/docmentary he was supposedly making about the tsunami ?

And I highly doubt you, knowing him as well as you claim, have any idea just how a scammer like this came to be "independantly" wealthy (which of course would have nothing to do with his previous job as "The Messiah", nor his previous marriage to one of Herba-Life's top pyramid-scam leaders).

Then again, maybe you are one of the ones hoping to cash in on his wealth. Maybe a slight modification of your statement is in order:

"Not sure about his ancient past but would not tend to believe ignore a 20+ yr old report by someone wanting a piece of his my millions, that has not been substantiated proven false since then."

Sound a little closer to home ?

Come back when you actually have facts to back up the bull.

Some speculation on my part. My research shows that the only movie that might possibly have been made and shown is 'Souls at Bay.' However, the claim that Ted Turner, Linda Gray, etc. were involved is almost certainly false as I have not been able to find a single shred of evidence of their being involved in such a project. Also, the only mention of the movie on the Web is the article on the Indian guru site. That site claims the movie was screened there. If that is the case perhaps Dubie stole some footage with the above people and others and created his 'documentary.' As I mentioned earlier, it is hard to believe that 'Souls at Bay' does not register a trace on the Web, unless it was released under another name. Even then you would expect to find mention in the CVs of Linda Gray, etc. There is also no record of the recording artist creating the song for the film as claimed on the guru site.

Some speculation on my part. My research shows that the only movie that might possibly have been made and shown is 'Souls at Bay.' However, the claim that Ted Turner, Linda Gray, etc. were involved is almost certainly false as I have not been able to find a single shred of evidence of their being involved in such a project. Also, the only mention of the movie on the Web is the article on the Indian guru site. That site claims the movie was screened there. If that is the case perhaps Dubie stole some footage with the above people and others and created his 'documentary.' As I mentioned earlier, it is hard to believe that 'Souls at Bay' does not register a trace on the Web, unless it was released under another name. Even then you would expect to find mention in the CVs of Linda Gray, etc. There is also no record of the recording artist creating the song for the film as claimed on the guru site.

The claim was made that the film had it's premiere at the Hawaii International Film Festival, and I duely contacted them. They stated that they had no record of a film by that name ever having been screened at their festivals, and had never heard of Daniel/George Dubie.

You can also search their archives here http://www.hiff.org/filmlisting_archive/

or visit the main site at http://www.hiff.org/index.html

The claim was made that the film had it's premiere at the Hawaii International Film Festival, and I duely contacted them. They stated that they had no record of a film by that name ever having been screened at their festivals, and had never heard of Daniel/George Dubie.

You can also search their archives here http://www.hiff.org/filmlisting_archive/

Excellent detective work Maejo Man! So unless evidence appears to the contrary it looks like all documentary and movie claims were pure BS.

I was just given a copy of a DVD which I have not seen yet. It says on the cover SOULS AT BAY, A Documentary Film by Daniel Dubie At the bottom of the DVD it says Region 5 Indonesia. Will watch it tonight and report back tomorrow.

I was just given a copy of a DVD which I have not seen yet. It says on the cover SOULS AT BAY, A Documentary Film by Daniel Dubie At the bottom of the DVD it says Region 5 Indonesia. Will watch it tonight and report back tomorrow.

When you do, could you also include who produced, directed and edited the "film" and a pic of the cover ?

Be interesting to see if this is a professional job, or a hand-held video camera, home-movie type cheapie production.

I took a video of my mates wedding in 1995 but it dosnt make me an Alfred Hitchcock.....I have also had a few small things published in various places ..Times Newspapers,local mags etc but dont make me a special correspondant for CNN and finally although I have been with the UN ..i sure as H**l aint any type of International Ambassador or envoy :D

This guy was a 100% charlatan and you will probably find out that most people who have associated with him are all a bit short of the full shilling as well.

Still quite a character to have caused so much pain to so many people and now that the cracks are beginning to appear we might start to get some answers.....

I have done a lot of cross checking on internet,names,back ground events,dates etc and and not a lot although another couple of Dubies keep coming up....wonder..........later..... :o

Well rin you keep banging that computer and you'll find something to wind up readers - get a conspiracy going & a blunt skull. Sadly I can't seem to find anyone who did know him in CM and the truth is I've always wanted to meet a cult leader, nice little internet business to set up in LOS methinks :D

None of the long term old CM expats or newer bar drinking types know of him. I think it's in the yogi - thai massage student crowd where you might find some of his supporters they were at the W Earth Vegan place after all

Sure He probably deserved to have her pull a gun and ventilate him right :o lots of people do in your worlds .... not that you guys know JACK except what can cobble off the net but as you have too much free time .. carry on

Sadly the only person I met in person was was none other than the accused back on June 4th to be exact, one strange person. Some on this forum have said 'harmless' I say Woo Woo Obsessive Compulsive. Not a good personality type to be hanging with Jesus (or SATAN) .... but that is who they attract isn't it.

Uh Oh, Oh my. Now this can't be good

Death Penalty 'Brings Peace"

"The death penalty was abolished in the Philippines last week, but Thailand continues to embrace it. Representatives from three major political parties yesterday told a seminar that they either supported the death penalty or believed Thai society was unprepared to live without it. "If the death penalty brings peace to society, Thailand doesn't need praise from the international community for abolishing it," Pongthep Thepkanchana of the Thai Rak Thai Party told an audience that included diplomats, human rights activists, politicians and legal experts."

You morons, lots of independent film makers screen their films at these venues and are not on the

"official program".

Why are you so anxious to discredit him?

Is life so boring in Chiang Mai that you have to "make up stuff".

Get a life.

This is a plea for anyone out there to help me get in touch with FELICIA. I am know as Kari Dubie, but my name is Karen Davis. My daughter is Calista, your half sister. my e-mail is [email protected] and phone is 360 3522587. We love and miss you very much. I miss your mom more than you could know. Now is the time to reconnect. Love, Karen

This is a plea for anyone out there to help me get in touch with FELICIA. I am know as Kari Dubie, but my name is Karen Davis. My daughter is Calista, your half sister. my e-mail is [email protected] and phone is 360 3522587. We love and miss you very much. I miss your mom more than you could know. Now is the time to reconnect. Love, Karen

Hi Kari,

the last I heard in this forum re Margaret/Jeanna's children was that the Canadian Consulate here advised they were being cared for. You could try contacting the Consulate but I'm sure they will not give out information re the kids' location. They would probably only be able to confirm that they are OK.

Hi Kari,

the last I heard in this forum re Margaret/Jeanna's children was that the Canadian Consulate here advised they were being cared for. You could try contacting the Consulate but I'm sure they will not give out information re the kids' location. They would probably only be able to confirm that they are OK.

thank you for replying. Felicia, though is not the daughter of Maggies, aka Margaret/Jean, but of George and Sylvie's and I was told helped to care for Maggies children. She would be about 20 maybe. Do you know someone named Sylvie/Patti???

Well rin you keep banging that computer and you'll find something to wind up readers - get a conspiracy going & a blunt skull. Sadly I can't seem to find anyone who did know him in CM and the truth is I've always wanted to meet a cult leader, nice little internet business to set up in LOS methinks :D

None of the long term old CM expats or newer bar drinking types know of him. I think it's in the yogi - thai massage student crowd where you might find some of his supporters they were at the W Earth Vegan place after all

Sure He probably deserved to have her pull a gun and ventilate him right :o lots of people do in your worlds .... not that you guys know JACK except what can cobble off the net but as you have too much free time .. carry on

Sadly the only person I met in person was was none other than the accused back on June 4th to be exact, one strange person. Some on this forum have said 'harmless' I say Woo Woo Obsessive Compulsive. Not a good personality type to be hanging with Jesus (or SATAN) .... but that is who they attract isn't it.

Uh Oh, Oh my. Now this can't be good

Death Penalty 'Brings Peace"

"The death penalty was abolished in the Philippines last week, but Thailand continues to embrace it. Representatives from three major political parties yesterday told a seminar that they either supported the death penalty or believed Thai society was unprepared to live without it. "If the death penalty brings peace to society, Thailand doesn't need praise from the international community for abolishing it," Pongthep Thepkanchana of the Thai Rak Thai Party told an audience that included diplomats, human rights activists, politicians and legal experts."

I don't want your kind of peace!!! I have no love loss for Margeret/Jean, I have known her for 27 years, but I, 100 percent, don't want her to have the death sentence for killing George. I was under his spell for only 7 years and have three of his children. She has been with this brain washing, conning, liar for around 26 years and has at least 5 of his children. Can you tell me this anyone,, were those little babies living high on the hog in George's and his girlfriends fancy home????? Didn't think so. You don't know what can happen when a mind finally snaps!!!!!

Hi Kari,

thank you for replying. Felicia, though is not the daughter of Maggies, aka Margaret/Jean, but of George and Sylvie's and I was told helped to care for Maggies children. She would be about 20 maybe. Do you know someone named Sylvie/Patti???

I don't know any of the parties involved, but do share your concern for all the survivors of this killing. All the best...

You morons, lots of independent film makers screen their films at these venues and are not on the

"official program".

Get a life.

Well that seemed to get right up your nose gringo, I wonder why? :o

"official program".

Get a life.

There is no good reason to "discredit" the deceased as he did a flawless job of that himself.

The only losers here are the people (predominately women) who seemed to have gotten themselves sucked in by this guy, and continue to bear the cost of their follies.

As said mostly women apart from MR JRingo that is. :D

Well there you go again...wondering...

....and this from a person that says that, and I quote "I have never been to Samui but considering coming there to build some bungalows."

You really seem to have your act together, so I won't waste any more time on your responses, as you obviously know it all.

....and this from a person that says that, and I quote "I have never been to Samui but considering coming there to build some bungalows."

You really seem to have your act together, so I won't waste any more time on your responses, as you obviously know it all.

Well there you go again....who do you think you are, Columbo?

You take a little unrelated tidbit of information and draw conclusions from it.

I rest my case, you are a moron.

"official program".

Get a life.

There is no good reason to "discredit" the deceased as he did a flawless job of that himself.

The only losers here are the people (predominately women) who seemed to have gotten themselves sucked in by this guy, and continue to bear the cost of their follies.

As said mostly women apart from MR JRingo that is. :D

it's hard to believe that so many are so upset by: if he made films, if he didn't, if he was a reporter for cnn or not, if this, if that.

You are all still missing the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll agree that George could have done all of this and so much more, he was brillant. I lived with him, did you???? He could have used his talents for so.....much good, but didn't. If he made a film, it was probably porn, and if he seemed to be helping people, it was cuz he wanted to scam them. Sorry, guys, but George's legacy will be that he left many children un cared for and that's that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rest in ?????????????????????? KEOKI

[

specialk, how did you know Jeana/Margaret/ Maggie? did you know her in Chiang Mai or Hawaii? Have you had any contact with her since she has been arrested?

I knew her in Hawaii. She has a girl the same age as mine. they were born on two months apart in 1980. We go way back. No, I haven't been able to speak with her, although I would love to.

[

specialk, how did you know Jeana/Margaret/ Maggie? did you know her in Chiang Mai or Hawaii? Have you had any contact with her since she has been arrested?

I knew her in Hawaii. She has a girl the same age as mine. they were born on two months apart in 1980. We go way back. No, I haven't been able to speak with her, although I would love to.

why hava'nt you gone to see Jeanna? I'm sure if you go way back then she would love to see you. :o

[

why hava'nt you gone to see Jeanna? I'm sure if you go way back then she would love to see you. :o

I live in the USA, rolleyes, you should go back and read my other intry's, and see that Jeanna shot the father of my three beautiful. now grown up, children.

[

I live in the USA, rolleyes, you should go back and read my other intry's, and see that Jeanna shot the father of my three beautiful. now grown up, children.

Specialk,

thanks for sharing some of your story with this forum. You have helped to put the record a bit straighter...at least in my opinion. I also think you have a lot of courage to go back to a place that must have been painful to say the least. And I salute you for your concern for Dubie's Thai girlfriend, and for all his kids. If you are willing to share any further information that might put some of the idle speculation to rest, I'm sure everyone would be very interested to hear more from you on this.