Banglamung Cable Tv

doctormann

Hi

Does anyone out there know of anywhere that I can get a BTV channel allocation list? What I would really like is some indication of what they think that they are transmitting on which channel, preferably including the channel numbers and frequencies.

I can use the autostore function on the TV to find and store the available channels but quite a lot of these are not too easy to identify - some have identifiable logos but not all of them. Some time ago I found most of this info. on a btv web site but I can't locate it now. The pattayabtv.com site is in Thai only and I'm not sure that the info is there anyway - at least I can't find it.

Over the last few days, something seems to have changed as well. The A1 channel seems to have been replaced with a GodSpot channel and one of the English movie channels seems to have totally disappeared (was Quantum TV, I think). Probably other changes that I haven't picked up on yet.

Any info. anyone?

DM

Hi

Does anyone out there know of anywhere that I can get a BTV channel allocation list? What I would really like is some indication of what they think that they are transmitting on which channel, preferably including the channel numbers and frequencies.

I can use the autostore function on the TV to find and store the available channels but quite a lot of these are not too easy to identify - some have identifiable logos but not all of them. Some time ago I found most of this info. on a btv web site but I can't locate it now. The pattayabtv.com site is in Thai only and I'm not sure that the info is there anyway - at least I can't find it.

Over the last few days, something seems to have changed as well. The A1 channel seems to have been replaced with a GodSpot channel and one of the English movie channels seems to have totally disappeared (was Quantum TV, I think). Probably other changes that I haven't picked up on yet.

Any info. anyone?

DM

DM, I can confirm for you that the same loss of programming has occurred with me. I lost the "Quantum TV" movie channel, as well as "Star World" (replaced by an Asian news channel). I suspect that Banglamung lost it's satellite connection to those channels somehow, and either doesn't know how to fix it, or can't afford to do so.

As for a channel guide, I have one. However, it's useless. I've hooked up 3 different TVs to my cable connection with "autoprogram", and every one of them has a DIFFERENT channel arrangement. I'm certainly no expert on this subject, so I have no idea what causes that, or how to get the channels to line up as they are listed on the channel guide.

I hope somebody here has more information on the current programming problems. Specifically, I'd like to know if there is any hope for a return of "Star World" and the "Quantum TV" English language movie channel. I'm currently watching my own DVDs and tapes for most of my TV entertainment right now.

George

Hi

Any info. anyone?

DM

DM, I can confirm for you that the same loss of programming has occurred with me. I lost the "Quantum TV" movie channel, as well as "Star World" (replaced by an Asian news channel). I suspect that Banglamung lost it's satellite connection to those channels somehow, and either doesn't know how to fix it, or can't afford to do so.

As for a channel guide, I have one. However, it's useless. I've hooked up 3 different TVs to my cable connection with "autoprogram", and every one of them has a DIFFERENT channel arrangement. I'm certainly no expert on this subject, so I have no idea what causes that, or how to get the channels to line up as they are listed on the channel guide.

I hope somebody here has more information on the current programming problems. Specifically, I'd like to know if there is any hope for a return of "Star World" and the "Quantum TV" English language movie channel. I'm currently watching my own DVDs and tapes for most of my TV entertainment right now.

George

Hi George

I think that the way that autostore usually works is to scan the frequency band and store any channels that it comes across. This usually happens in ascending frequency order but may vary depending on your tv. The programme numbers that autostore allocates are unlikely to correspond with those set by the cable provider but you can generally change the numbers to be what you want them to be. However, you have to be able to identify the channel that you are looking at in order to do this - this is problematic when you can't identify the channel logos.

Where did you find your channel guide? Do you think that it reflects the recent changes? Unlikely, I should think. I can't even find the channel that had Pattaya Plus and English movies (was BTV channel 10, I think). OK, it wasn't great but at least it was worth watching some of the time.

We're used to BTV not being exactly top notch entertainment but the present situation is pretty unsatisfactory. I'm beginning to think that the service is overpriced at 350 baht / month!

DM

Hi,

When I subscribed to BTV 2 years ago they had 60 channels. Also, it was only 240 Baht per month or 2000 if you paid annually. Then sometime last year they dropped channels 5-8 (that's how the appear on my TV).

The program that has replaced STAR WORLD is called the Thailand Outlook Channel (TOC) and comes off the NSS6 satellite. This satellite also has all of the AFRTN programming. Unfortunately you need a special receiver to view these programs. If you go to this link: http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/index.asp?offset1= you can see all the great programs they have.

Greg

If your cable company is anything like PTV that I subscribe to here, expect channels to disappear or be reshuffled on a regular basis. From what I've observed here after 2 years, it looks like their technicians are quite young of age and seem to suit the channels to their tastes, along with the childish Power Point presentations between movies, very unprofessional. BBC World has recently disappeared, along with TV5. ABC Australia had a warning for 2 months at the bottom of the screen , instructing viewers that their signal would be carried differently and how to retrive it once the change has been made, ABC disappeared from PTV for 2 months...The same just happened to BBC World, gone... There are also about 10 music video channels, a bit too much if you ask me.

But hey, for 300 baht a month, they have the best movie channel I've ever seen, Star world? :o

Hi

Any info. anyone?

DM

btv_channels.doc

• 3 years later...

Ok I know this is a 3 year old thread, but I have Googled this question and cannot find the channels info anywhere.

All I really want to know is if BTV has a sports channel similar to Sophon TV.

I have Sophon TV which has the SuperSports3 channel. So on Saturday I was able to watch the Premier League football. Does BTV have this as well???

Thanks for the info.

Edited by dsfbrit