Missing British Children in Thailand

Lite Beer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The British Embassy, despite huge pressure, appears to have done absolutely nothing to help. A call several weeks after the kidnap saw an embassy official telling the father that the official dealing with his file was on vacation, nothing was being done.

The "Embassy ain't doing nuffink" rolls off the tongue a little too easily in these threads. I suspect the truth differs significantly within the parameters explained here:

International child abduction (particularly pages 4 to 6)

Report or prevent international parental child abduction

http://www.fnf.org.uk/

If I were in this mans shoes my angle would be to try via the new husband.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Put a flag on the Norwegian husband. I am sure he has to report every 90 days and notify immigration of his change of address. If he is coming and going from Thailand due to work commitments then surely he would know where his wife and child are staying.

He has to ask himself how he would feel if his wife kidnaped his child and she was being assisted by another man.

In some jurisdictions he would find himself in trouble if he knows what's happening but what chance the girls are kept by the mother's relatives and he's being conned too when he's here ?

• Like 1

Local police in Pattaya, where the search had started have received a call from the mother or her direct family . She offered to return the children IF she was promised immunity from prosecution.

As I see it there are other family members "Aiding and Abetting" this crime, may be they should be offered immunity for turning her in.

• Like 1

Steamroller the story back in the UK; get your Foreign Office involved which might want to tackle the matter with the Thai Excellency at the Queen's Gate in London; he can be reached at 0207 589 2944 - just in case the Foreign Office does not have the phone number handy

That story was unnecessarily long (did we need the play by play of his search?), but more importantly I hope the authorities take this seriously, and that he finds his kids. Mom is evil, and her new husband as well...

Incidentally, in Japan, there are several cases of the same thing happening (Japanese and foreign national having a child, and the Japanese parent kidnapping the child), but in Japan, it is not considered a kidnapping, and the authorities side with the native-Japanese parent. At least the law is in this guys favor, although the law in Thailand isn't necessarily followed...

Nice post sgtsabai,

I cannot do anything for the father from where I am except to hope he finds his family safe and sound, Thankfully I have never been in his, nor your situation, and I cannot begin to imagine what he must be going through. One thing I do know is that negative Thai g.f.,comments, pattaya bashing, or slagging off police actions certainly will not help him.wai2.gif

Offer the family the 200;000 and immunity. Those girls will be back in your arms in hours. just give them the money, but getting it delivered and girls back is tricky.if you can convince them the money assured say with a signed lawyers letter delivered to family by police. I think it could work. Maybe even just information from family of girls whereabouts and promise of money if girls found. Someone in that family will speak up sure. Tit.

Put a flag on the Norwegian husband. I am sure he has to report every 90 days and notify immigration of his change of address. If he is coming and going from Thailand due to work commitments then surely he would know where his wife and child are staying.

He has to ask himself how he would feel if his wife kidnaped his child and she was being assisted by another man.

Yes - Immigration police should be watching for this guy. All border crossings. His employers should also be informed he's wanted for questioning as he may have vital information on a child kidnapping.

It really looks like this bitch is just out for some extortion, aided and abetted by her family. Hopefully, they've picked the wrong time to do this with the newly energized RTP.

The poor girls - what an impression of their mother they will have? Hope they get returned and back to their father safely very soon before she tires of them if her only interest is indeed cash.

This might serve as a wake up for the Norwegian too.

The British authorities appear inept as usual.

There really is no point in speculating, as nobody really knows where the Norwegian is himself, and nor where the girls are for that matter.

The Norwegian could be in on this too.. the girls could be in Norway with both; Who knows? The call could have come from abroad, as both girls have valid British passports, and it seems the police can't locate any member of so called family nor mother, or they have and nobody is 'dissing'.

You see? Speculation gets nobody anywhere! Interpol needs to step in, and very quickly - or Rob needs to get their passports cancelled so they can't be easily taken away, if they have not already been........ more speculation...... it gets ridiculous the more one speculates.

Can't we simply hope they are returned to their rightful place of home and to father, safely, instead of guess work and speculation?

Guess work and theories don't help in a matter such as this, and neither does discarding the mother of whom we have little information. Calling her for all sorts is only going to exacerbate matters of concern on her part. Agreements have been made for the childrens' return - let's hope it keels out on a level and, as said earlier, let all in Pattaya or surrounding areas, or indeed anywhere, let us all keep vigilant. It's not difficult to spot such young girls, with their lighter skin and smiles.

• Like 1

Offer the family the 200;000 and immunity. .

I don't believe this because the most Thai familys hold Close together!!!

But I would involved a good lawyer and sue the hole family and the norwegian boyfriend about "Conspiracy for Kidnapping"!!!

If the Police play with, they can lock the involved family members!!! This make they nervous and same mistakes will follow.

And it give a lot of other things what can be done:

1. Following the money and check the bank accounts from the ex wife, boyfriend and the other Family members. Maybe the police can find bank information from EX and a ATM Slip from the boyfriend in the appartement.Then it is easy to check where she and HIM used ATM's.

2. Check all phone numbers from the involved People and follow the calls.

I am sure in just some days they catch they.

And if the police don't work right, try to involve the Military!!!

Edited by snowgard

I was having diner at the seafood restaurant in Jomtien- Thepprasit road and noticed a girl very similar to this. The only reason I remember this is that she looked like an expat but was sitting with a Thai family. No other expats.

She wants the money. She wants lots of money.Until she is sure just how much money this situation is worth ,no kids will be found.He really has shown his dedication and effort ( he should have done things a little more quiet in my mind) .she thinks desire equals a big pay out. She knows her family can WORK with the police nice and steady to raise that money pile because historically everyone shares the scam. There is no rush,screw him,pile on the pressure.Whats next donations for the ransom?.....When she really believes she has got maximum money ,and knows she can walk away without penalty,she will pay the staff ( family middlemen, official negotiators )hand the kids over and walk away laughing.She probably loves the kids as much as him,Thai women can leave their kids somewhere safe to go work,This situation is about money and a little brain washing to remind the kids they still have a REAL mother.The western guy will win in the end.But when the mother needs support later it will be easier to get it from them kids.She is strong ,she is going to take advantage of the situation and give him a good slapping in the process. She is not evil ,its just everything is stacked against her,My guess is those kids are very safe,she just wants some time with them,she is a realist,she just wants some time and a payout to match. .

• Like 1

Hey better way to handle this would be to send notification to the Norwegian Press. I am sure that the last thing this twit wants is his family to know what kind of an A$$ he is.

Also if he is doing the 30 day route he might be working on a rig. Let the companies know what kind of a prat they have. I am sure his mates would love to help sort him out.

Personally if it was me i would swear out a warrant for him for kidnapping, aiding and abetting, child molestation, sex with a minor. just keep it going. When he tries to leave the country with al the charges he will love the jails here and i bet he talks.

• Like 2

Offer the family the 200;000 and immunity. .

I don't believe this because the most Thai familys hold Close together!!!

But I would involved a good lawyer and sue the hole family and the norwegian boyfriend about "Conspiracy for Kidnapping"!!!

If the Police play with, they can lock the involved family members!!! This make they nervous and same mistakes will follow.

And it give a lot of other things what can be done:

1. Following the money and check the bank accounts from the ex wife, boyfriend and the other Family members. Maybe the police can find bank information from EX and a ATM Slip from the boyfriend in the appartement.Then it is easy to check where she and HIM used ATM's.

2. Check all phone numbers from the involved People and follow the calls.

I am sure in just some days they catch they.

And if the police don't work right, try to involve the Military!!!

That made me laugh.

Sent from my Lenovo A3000-H using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app