Car Insurance Best Company ? Your Insurance Covers 100% 90% ? Replacement Car In Case of Accident ?

Car Insurance Best Company ? Your Insurance Covers 100% 90% ? Replacement Car In Case of Accident ?

Hello,

Can you tell me which car insurance company is your favorite ? Is it because it is the cheapest you have found or because of coverage / service ?

What is the amount insured, 90% of your new car value ? Does 100% exist ?

And do you get a replacement car in case of accident ?

Some insurance companies seem to offer a 20% discount on second year, is it usual ?

Thank you a lot.

You will not get 100% cover, or 90% cover. Dont even bother looking for it.

Why not? Because insurance scams (and all other scams) are ten a penny in Thailand.

If you want a good deal then you should look to reducing your premium by increasing your excess and taking options like named driver only etc. And shop around.

Wrong. I have 90% at an additional modest premium. Higher can be gotten again with a premium increase.

I have Viriyah Insurance and they were excellent in handling a claim from start to finish in an accident I was in. Dealt with the police, the other party and getting the car repaired at a top notch Honda repair center. May be difficult to find a firm that will supply a replacement car while repairing the damaged one, but may be out there.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Wrong. I have 90% at an additional modest premium. Higher can be gotten again with a premium increase.

I have Viriyah Insurance and they were excellent in handling a claim from start to finish in an accident I was in. Dealt with the police, the other party and getting the car repaired at a top notch Honda repair center. May be difficult to find a firm that will supply a replacement car while repairing the damaged one, but may be out there.

Thank you. I am reading everything I can find nd it seems that Viyah is a good choise, only 1 report or bad repair until now.

Will test them about 90% cover for a German car.

Thank you. I am reading everything I can find nd it seems that Viyah is a good choise, only 1 report or bad repair until now.

Will test them about 90% cover for a German car.

Don't know whose report you saw, but I have very bad experience with Viriyah. Repair took ages, shop selected by Viriyah, they parallel imported parts which took ages even though originals were available, and last but not least extremely poor quality of repair. All in all it took almost 6 months, and after that had to have a part redone locally.

I'll be interested to know of any companies that give a loan car for the duration of repairs.

More often than not the cost of renting a vehicle for the duration of repairs is more than what the repair itself is worth. I've was advised after contacting my insurance I'd have to leave the truck for at least a week to repair a tiny dent a small scratch and replace the smashed tail light assembly after the damage mystriously appeared in a Tescos carpark a few years ago.

Tail light assembly was 1200 baht fitted my self, most of scratch polished put and as for the little dent, never mind. It's a truck anyway.

Had similar negative experience with Viriyah as noted by stevenl. Minor accident caused by a motorcycle brushing up against our car. Got the MC'ist' info, and Immediately called Viriyah. Took 2 days for the "investigator" to arrive; 3 weeks to get a report back that they would not pay because the motorcyclist didn't have valid registration, hence no insurance.

Net result? 19,500 Baht repair.

Net result 2? Now all our extended family's cars insured with Muang Thai Insurance. About 15% cheaper as well and slightly better coverage limits.

Haven't had an accident yet (knock on bamboo) so can't rate their service - but I have heard it is very good.

Maybe bad service could be related to where your located I guess.

I have found Viriyah Insurance OK had No.1. and good service on 2 claims, now have No.2. which covers our needs which we hope we never have to rely upon. xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p

Edited by Kwasaki

Maybe bad service could be related to where your located I guess.

I have found Viriyah Insurance OK had No.1. and good service on 2 claims, now have No.2. which covers our needs which we hope we never have to rely upon. xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p

Not in my case since the accident and repair were in Bangkok, while I'm in Phuket :)

90% of what?

Being obtuse?

No, asking a question. You said 90% but didnt say what of. You also didnt say how much the "modest" additional premium amounts to.

If new, 90% of the purchase price and later years 90% of the book value of the car.

I also get 90% of the "book value" but the "book value" is not what my vehicle is worth as I would have to spend much more than the book value to replace it with one in similar condition. Even the purchase price in the first year was not the full purchase price. Hence my comment.

So now the total is 2 bad reports for Viniya. Do you have first class insurance ?

I did with Viriyah and do now with Axa via AA.

Take into account that my experience is just that, my experience. Others will have different experiences.

So now the total is 2 bad reports for Viniya. Do you have first class insurance ?

I did with Viriyah and do now with Axa via AA.

Take into account that my experience is just that, my experience. Others will have different experiences.

I have taken for years for our cars the the Insurance company of "VIRIYAH INSURANCE" to find out about them the contact is ... www.viriyah.co.th and phone is ... 0-2239-1557

• 1 year later...

It is more cause its an import so you insure 2Mill in Tax that cant get a dent in it i suppose or the parts cost 50% more..Fortunately my Mrs has a Company import Benz now so ive no idea , or care..Ive insured with most mentioned above and no problems with them.

Took 2 days for the "investigator" to arrive; 3 weeks to get a report back that they would not pay because the motorcyclist didn't have valid registration, hence no insurance.

Something is amiss here - you can't get insurance for motorcycles that covers any form of property damage - so it's moot.

okay I got reply quote from viryah

I must tell you it looks the best from all of them

and I quoted AXA, Asia Direct, Muang Ins.

They give me 3 options, and they give you replacement car for 20 days free.

Insurance is most expensive, but in 58k option can is insured 100% for 2.9mil

and in the cheapest for 48k

heres options

1.STANDARD PACKAGE

-Covering is the first class insurance.

-Cover your wheels and tires 100%(especially install by authorized dealer or factory benz)

-Fix by dealer benz 7 years when you continued renewal.

2.EXTENDED PACKAGE

-Cover your wheels and tires 100%(especially install by authorized dealer or factory benz)

-Courtesy car 20 days per year(replacement car)

-No accept when you cannot inform about the litigant.

-No charges about liquid or oil when your car has claimed in case of accidents.

-mischief-making

3.ADVANCED PACKAGE

-mischief-making -coverage your car 100% of price car

smile.png

Edited by BeefSlapper

I just called Muang insurance for c250.

They gave me quote with coverage of 1.85mil for a car that is 2.95mil. Pass.

Axa covers it for 2.4mil. Still not so good...

Perhaps they're just being realistic?
And when we bought benz it was 3.2mil comes with insurance for 2.1 first year!

How is that realistic? Means next day they steal it or total damage u get 2.1 for a 3.2mil car.

Now its 1 year old and Varyiah insured it for 2.9 they call it 100% cover.

So 300k lost in value in 1 year. Bit much isnt it.. [emoji38] especialy when u look at car prices over here..

Edited by BeefSlapper

• 3 weeks later...

2.9 million is the price of your new car ? so they cover 100% ?

heres options

1.STANDARD PACKAGE

2.EXTENDED PACKAGE

-mischief-making

3.ADVANCED PACKAGE

smile.png

Edited by thailandforumaddict

2.9 million is the price of your new car ? so they cover 100% ?

heres options

1.STANDARD PACKAGE

2.EXTENDED PACKAGE

-mischief-making

3.ADVANCED PACKAGE

smile.png

Well i paid total 3.2 (with some extras like windows tints)

1.5 year ago

Value deteriorate with time

Still best deal

Others were giving me 1.8mil

Edited by BeefSlapper