Two arrested for printing fake Bt1,000 notes after big spending spree

Lite Beer

It is illegal to copy and print any form of bank note in any way, even if one sided, unless it has the word SPECIMEN in large letters across the note (generally for educational purposes). The printing house owner MUST have known this!

Printing House business in Thailand.

Does not mean that Somchai has any experience or knowledge of the trade. It only means one thing.

At some point in the past Somchai had enough money to buy a printer and make a sign.

You're right there Deacon Bell. 555

Last week he was probably the village barber, this week he was the village printer, and if he stays out of jail next week he'll probably be the village electrician.

"Bangkok police have arrested a man and a woman for using fake banknotes - for which he hired a printing house - to buy cellphones from online shops."

How did they use the counterfeits if buying online? I always have to use a credit card or PayPal.
  • Like 1

It is illegal to copy and print any form of bank note in any way, even if one sided, unless it has the word SPECIMEN in large letters across the note (generally for educational purposes). The printing house owner MUST have known this!

In addition, did the printing house owner import special silver paint to complete the rental job as requested, for only 4,500 Baht? I suspect a few fall guys here.

The print house owner is more of an idiot than already appears, if he was not directly involved.

He would not have had to import special silver ink. Silver is widely available as both an ink and a foil to every printer and finisher world wide.

Printing silver is the same as any other colour.

I'm going to guess they copied the notes on a Xerox or similar device rather than actually printed through a press.

Why any print company would ever do a job like this is crazy. Edited by Absolut

"Bangkok police have arrested a man and a woman for using fake banknotes - for which he hired a printing house - to buy cellphones from online shops."

How did they use the counterfeits if buying online? I always have to use a credit card or PayPal.

agree. whole story is BS.

The printing-shop owner reportedly told police that Pakhawat had told him the banknotes would be used as wallpaper.

So the banknotes were one sided then?  And came in long rolls?

yep, just tear them off as you need them

So individually perforated and in a roll, highly disrespectful!

Must of been a pretty good printer. The couple were hard workers to have passed 300 out of the 1000 already. Three good employees there if you had the right job for them.

It says the idiot was buying stuff online, which elevates his idiocy ranking further.

I should have known it would be so easy.  Just go to a printer and say "print me a million."

He says it'll cost 5,000, I tell him I'll pay him upon delivery  smile.png

The cops don't bust the printer: "he's a printer, he prints stuff for people, that's what he does.  It's not a crime." 

Welcome to Asia.  Try that one in Singapore or Malaysia and all three would be standing in line for a flogging.