How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

kurnell said, "I love pub talk. I met a guy in a bar in Bangkok that told me in hushed tones that he was just back from Egypt. On a mission. For the....uh hum....SAS. Oh my life is sooooo boring"

Are you sure it wasn't Vietnam and the CIA? Try getting out a little more, you may be surprised at the normally unbelievable stupidity that seems to be commonplace on this forum between farangs and Thai ladies--perhaps I should say, between men and women.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't see a problem giving your wife or long time gf some money now and then. If there is a problem with the family or someone dies 10 or 20k is fine. I also don't think paying the rent and buying dinner when going out is a problem. Most farang make 10 times the money our girlfriends make so helping out or paying the way is somewhat expected.
The problem is when you give them a paycheck to stay with you. The money is not a gift or something you give to be nice. The money is expected and an increase every few months is normally asked for. The money is the reason you are together and love is a minor part or not even a factor. Remove the money and the relationship is done. This is the worst type of relationship there is as you may fall in love the this girl and she knows exactly how to suck more and more out of you until you are dry or she gets a better offer. I would guess that most of these relationships started as a bar fine and progressed into being a personal hooker. Avoid these relationships at all cost unless you only plan to play and then move on to the next toy. If you both understand it is sex for money then no harm done. But there are too many farangs with broken hearts and too many lazy hookers out there taking advantage. All young girls should be working or going to school to learn something unless they are taking care of your kids.
My opinion for what it's worth smile.png

I do not have a problem giving her money as previously I was spending many more times what I give her on bar fines and for personal services. Approximately I am saving about 70000 baht a month compared to what I was previously spending. I get what I want for a fraction of what I was previously paying and I do not have the commitment I used to have in my marraiges. Treat girls like cars, when you can afford a new one then why not get one. I have met many falang who have lost a lot more in western relationships than I can potentially loose in my realationships with Thai girls.

I think my girlfriend understands that I am not an unlimited atm, yes I am a bank but whatever I loan her I do get back.without interest.

• Like 1

Approximately I am saving about 70000 baht a month compared to what I was previously spending. I get what I want for a fraction of what I was previously paying

Delusion

A doctor got drugged and rolled at a go go bar in NYC and it cost him 5 million baht. Same thing happened to me in Pattaya and it cost me 7000 baht. Is that delusional? The maintenance on my condo on the ocean in the States cost me 9,000 baht. My condo rent on the ocean in Thailand cost me 9000 baht total. Is that delusional? I could go on but I think you are the one who is deluded. What are a single mans largest expenses? Housing and women. Housing and women cost a fraction of what they do in the West.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Approximately I am saving about 70000 baht a month compared to what I was previously spending. I get what I want for a fraction of what I was previously paying

Delusion

A doctor got drugged and rolled at a go go bar in NYC and it cost him 5 million baht. Same thing happened to me in Pattaya and it cost me 7000 baht. Is that delusional? The maintenance on my condo on the ocean in the States cost me 9,000 baht. My condo rent on the ocean in Thailand cost me 9000 baht total. Is that delusional? I could go on but I think you are the one who is deluded. What are a single mans largest expenses? Housing and women. Housing and women cost a fraction of what they do in the West.

" Housing " - costs me here in Thailand 2000 baht a month ( inc wifi & Sat TV )

" Women " - No Cost ( Free ) i just choose the ladies who like me.

Farang Jaidee wub.png " joop joop "

great grandma to look after the child and tell her to get a job.

Now she is telling me that her mum wants her to go to 'work' in Bangkok and leave my son with her, she says her mum has stopped helping with him and is not talking to her.

Just a few days a go she told me she might go to work and she would change her phone number and I would never see her or my son again.

Her mum thinks I won't keep my word and go back to her and wants her to 'work'.

She is insisting that I go now as she says its impossible for her to stay at home any longer. I asked her why would things be any easier after I had been, she just said she would work in a local market and not be with her mum at home all day.

To be honest I'm thinking of all the stress, worry and heartache she has caused me whilst we are so far apart (repeated requests for money etc... the time when I caught her lying she insisted she was in Khon Kaen caring for her mother in hospital) but actually she was in Bangkok, I asked her several times about this on the phone she lied everytime. I waited two months until I got back to Thailand and asked her to her face ......................she lied with a smile more than once. Even when I told her I knew she still didn't seem to think she had done anything wrong.

It breaks my heart though but what problems would she cause me here in farrangland if I bring her back?? But the alternative seems to be she disappears with my son.

Edited by daftboy

Nothing, my missus carried on with her job and I never gave her anything for 2 years before she came over, can't think of a single reason to unless she is only with you for the money.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

Nothing, my missus carried on with her job and I never gave her anything for 2 years before she came over, can't think of a single reason to unless she is only with you for the money.

The oldest story in the book?

Everybody pays

Everybody pays to play

I send my wife 15k a month. That is enough for her to live on in Isaan. It's still not very much no matter how you slice it. I mean, could YOU live on that amount of money? I could but it would be tight. I would bump it up to 20k a month if you have the funds.

Everybody pays

Everybody pays to play

Biggest load of nonsense ever, I only ever hear this on these types of forums to be honest, where guys are mostly with girls they would have little chance of getting back home or hookers.

• Like 1

I send my wife 15k a month. That is enough for her to live on in Isaan. It's still not very much no matter how you slice it. I mean, could YOU live on that amount of money? I could but it would be tight. I would bump it up to 20k a month if you have the funds.

Where i live in Pattaya ( Naklua ) rooms are from 2,000 baht to 3000 baht a month ( Thai style but clean and very good with Wifi and Sat TV ) Some of them earn about 7000 baht a month which seems to be quite normal round here. To " send " a lady 15,000 baht a month in Issan would be considered as " madness " ( a cool pop group ) I know Issan very well and i have seen some lovely houses for rent in the country for about 3,000 baht a month.No Thai lady in Issan lives on 15,000 baht a month unless she is living in a " 5 bedroom Dallas style ranch with the aircon on max 24 hours a day " ( financed by a farang )

Farang Jaidee ( " the non materialistic farang " )wub.png

"farang jai dee joop joop" is that what you say to the Thai women who fall for you in the bank when you go in to exchange your $170 for the month and ask them to byo food and come and sit onthe floor and watch a movie on your laptop or go and sit on the beach and shout you bbq chickenand sticky rice

I know you're only stirring the pot but for the record it annoys me greatly, well done.

• Like 1

Everybody pays

Everybody pays to play

Biggest load of nonsense ever, I only ever hear this on these types of forums to be honest, where guys are mostly with girls they would have little chance of getting back home or hookers.

I assume this is your first marriage. Perhaps wait till you get a bit of experience.

I must admit I thought Thai Visa was unique. What other forum are you writing about?

"farang jai dee joop joop" is that what you say to the Thai women who fall for you in the bank when you go in to exchange your $170 for the month and ask them to byo food and come and sit onthe floor and watch a movie on your laptop or go and sit on the beach and shout you bbq chickenand sticky rice

I know you're only stirring the pot but for the record it annoys me greatly, well done.

No, "farang jai dee joop joop", just shows that:-

1. He thinks he can speak Thai.

2. That he wants to show he can speak Thai.

3. That he really only speaks pidgin Thai.

He'll be gone soon. Either money problems or, visa problems.

I have to take my hat off to you and " take a bow " ( with absolute respect ) as you " my friend " are the first and only person in a few years of posting on here that has suddenly realised that i am " stirring the pot "....

God bless you ! ( " joop joop " ) wub.png

It's actually hooker bar talk.

Might as well say "Hi, I spend all my time with prostitutes"

• Like 1

It's actually hooker bar talk.

Might as well say "Hi, I spend all my time with prostitutes"

It is also quite popular at some dating websites geared to a particular clientèle......

• Like 1

Since Stone Age, men provide, hunt for food and protect their women. Now things have changed. Men say, I only want woman who doesn't live with me for money. Guess what? Even if we're not in Stone Age any more, but human nature never changed.

As women only choose men who would provide best for her, who have most resources (richest) she could find. (Both conscious, and unconscious)

It's a world oldest human nature, female instinctive to survive. Ones who call women gold diggers should be ashamed of themselves.

Since Stone Age, men provide, hunt for food and protect their women. Now things have changed. Men say, I only want woman who doesn't live with me for money. Guess what? Even if we're not in Stone Age any more, but human nature never changed.

As women only choose men who would provide best for her, who have most resources (richest) she could find. (Both conscious, and unconscious)

It's a world oldest human nature, female instinctive to survive. Ones who call women gold diggers should be ashamed of themselves.

Or you could choose a girl that actually has a work ethic to work and contribute to the family rather than be a mooch, just saying....

• Like 1

Or you could choose a girl that actually has a work ethic to work and contribute to the family rather than be a mooch, just saying....
Unfortunately, I'm a woman. I only believe in power of Mother Nature. As long as you go long with her, you live happy.

P.s. I have my own money if you wonder.

Edited by LOWH

Unfortunately, I'm a woman. I only believe in power of Mother Nature. As long as you go long with her, you live happy.

Good for you having your own money, it's the way it should be rather than relying on others. It the guys that are willing to put up with the mooches I feel sorry for.

I know a lady close by who had 13 children. When I got to Thailand the average was 6 children per family.

You think they didn't work? All different kinds of work ethic. Some guys want a clean house, some guys pay for a maid. Some guys pay for laundry service some guys want the wife to do it.

Everybody pays

Everybody pays to play

That you don't know this just means you haven't been married very long to very many women. In other words inexperienced.

Edited by thailiketoo

Good for you having your own money, it's the way it should be rather than relying on others. It the guys that are willing to put up with the mooches I feel sorry for.

Still, I wouldn't choose a guy who would kick me out of his house any time he feels like it. Or who wouldn't cherish me with gifts and pleasure things. That's my point of discuss here more than dependency issue.

I know a lady close by who had 13 children. When I got to Thailand the average was 6 children per family.

You think they didn't work? All different kinds of work ethic. Some guys want a clean house, some guys pay for a maid. Some guys pay for laundry service some guys want the wife to do it.

Everybody pays

Everybody pays to play

That you don't know this just means you haven't been married very long to very many women. In other words inexperienced.

I don't and I never have, each to their own...

Everybody pays

Everybody pays to play

I don't and I never have, each to their own...

Well that is what I said. I also always wondered about priests counseling heterosexual couples about sex.

It's like women's lib never happened.

IMO if they want to be treated equally with men, then they can pay their own way.

• Like 1

IMO if they want to be treated equally with men, then they can pay their own way.

I believe that I was discussing Flintstone theory here. And suddenly, a clueless guy came and talked Oprah Winfrey. And insisted that... You have to pay !!! (Imagine a two year old boy crying out for his mummy to buy him some candy)

Nice to talk, Mr.

I believe that I was discussing Flintstone theory here. And suddenly, a clueless guy came and talked Oprah Winfrey. And insisted that... You have to pay !!! (Imagine a two year old boy crying out for his mummy to buy him some candy)

Nice to talk, Mr.

I actually thought you were agreeing with the 'have to pay group' to be honest.