How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

I got 50% of my husband income. N we have got join account as well. However i am a "tight a*s" that what my husband says about me. I am very careful with my money n our money (lol) especially now that we have little one. Oh....i am not Thai btw...

So why have a profile pic of sexy thai chick? Heard of sex change but ethnic change. Left shaking head. Maybe your a bloke that likes dresses
U r not the only one who think that i am Thai...wherever i go in Thailand people always think that am Thai, when i told them am not Thai n they thought i am Filippina just like how when i was in Singapore. I am Indonesian lahhhhh!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Escarlett

Anything more than you can afford is too much. I know guys who give their girlfriends, who were former prostitutes, 150,000.00 baht per month and buy them Benzes.

150,000 baht per month???

Sorry, a guy. I know ONE guy, otherwise you read it correctly. Plus an E-class Mercedes Benz which she uses to drive into Bangkok and party at the most expensive clubs while her husband is away, or at home. This is an extreme case. It's also 100% true.

I don't doubt it one bit. Had a beer with a 'lady' last night. I have known her for seven years. She has been 'married' to older farangs at least twice in that time--her own story--has had several other older boyfriends for a few months at a time and always has a young farang hanging about. She always has some small business or other--a coffee shop, a curio shop, a dress shop, etc.--but none last long. She now drives a Mercedes, just recently she drove a Camry, before that a Honda SUV, before that a Civic--that's in seven years. I know the guy who 'went' with her before I met her--he says he gave her B90k month, financed a business, bought her a house, and that Civic--that was eight years ago, when she dumped him. He says, he is still in love with her; although, I cannot understand why. It is obvious what she is, but not so obvious how she does it. She is tall, slender, and good looking, but I have seen better. She is now mid-thirties and showing her age. Yet, she still manages to have a fist full of baht, to support her Thai entourage, and to drink JWB all day and night in the farang hangouts. She wears multitudes of nice new fitted dresses, pants suits, casual clothes, all with matching shoes and bags. She uses what she has and apparently uses it well. How many guys are sending her money and how much they send; I do not know. However, I do know she spends money like she has it--she's not afraid to shout a round. She has always treated me right and has a good word and a smile for just about everyone. My only thought, she makes a good friend, but a lousy girlfriend--some guys are just stupid, I guess.

I love pub talk. I met a guy in a bar in Bangkok that told me in hushed tones that he was just back from Egypt. On a mission. For the....uh hum....SAS. Oh my life is sooooo boring

gentlemen,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news- a very high % ( not all by any means) are in a relationship with a farang which is not based upon love, but simply based upon their desire to obtain as much material benefit as possible.

That is why you will see so many very attractive young girls with much older or less attractive men.

Would those men get those young ladies if they were not giving them large amounts of money- no way.Many really know this but just want to live the illusions.

One man when confronted with hard evidence that his wife was still 'working' and far more evidence ( nowadays very easy to hack a girls Facebook, android, iPod,etc) still continued and the excuses he gave for her doing this became more absurd than her constant games and lies.

Their concept of lying goes out of the window and the range of excuses all vary,,,,, my mother is sick, my daughter(s) needs a need school, my car does not work, my cousin needs to pay of the police.

I love their rational and what is often heard is how they think donating to a monk will absolve them from their "sins".

In a way you cannot blame them.They are brought up in one of the worlds most corrupt nations which is very sexist, which does not educated them and give them any real chance, which really is now where near being Buddhists at all and they see foreigners, who often exploit them too as an easy target.

Get her to send you the bills, scanned via email. Check them carefully, and pay them online if possible. Hospital treatment is free in Thailand. If she's using an expensive private hospital, you can review the invoice and then reimburse her.
Good luck, you are going to need it.

Most bills are written in Thai. Most of the farang husbands me included, cant read them

Scan the bills, and use google translate. Don't recall setting, but they do have optical character recognition. Maybe even learn to read Thai, or at least use Thai keyboard and on line translation.

Hello Viewers!

Guys you simply " amaze me " !

I really don't know and cannot comprehend how anybody that could be so " gullible " as to need to have to " pay a lady to live with them! " it's almost laughable! are you laughing viewers..? Surely you all must realize that they are ONLY living with you for the money.I just couldn't live under the same roof with a lady knowing that she has " no interest " in me whatsoever! If you stop those payments ( your business deal ) 95 percent of the ladies will just leave you and walk away.Why don't you find a lady who has a job and then they have there own finances to live on ? Or maybe deep down you really know that you could never have a " normal girlfriend " who will be with you because she actually loves you?wub.png I guess not.............. x

F.J wai2.gif

Hello Viewers!

Guys you simply " amaze me " !

I really don't know and cannot comprehend how anybody that could be so " gullible " as to need to have to " pay a lady to live with them! " it's almost laughable! are you laughing viewers..? Surely you all must realize that they are ONLY living with you for the money.I just couldn't live under the same roof with a lady knowing that she has " no interest " in me whatsoever! If you stop those payments ( your business deal ) 95 percent of the ladies will just leave you and walk away.Why don't you find a lady who has a job and then they have there own finances to live on ? Or maybe deep down you really know that you could never have a " normal girlfriend " who will be with you because she actually loves you?wub.png I guess not.............. x

F.J wai2.gif

Blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah! coffee1.gif

• Like 1

LOL ...common sense folks

What does 5000 baht cover in 30 days? What in the pumpkin can you buy at the market (Pampers, Formula, health and comfort items)

Cheapos.... your kid deserves a bit, ask yourself some questions while you are eating your delicious meals in a comfortable, room with air conditioning, etc.

Shame.

What does 5000 baht cover in 30 days? What in the pumpkin can you buy at the market (Pampers, Formula, health and comfort items)

Cheapos.... your kid deserves a bit, ask yourself some questions while you are eating your delicious meals in a comfortable, room with air conditioning, etc.

Shame.

Exactly

90% of these posts the men are giving their Mrs the bare minimum to survive.

It'sa not nice to read

• Like 1

Shame.

Exactly

It'sa not nice to read

Do you think they should leave or end their relationship, would that be better?

• Like 1

Shame.

Exactly

It'sa not nice to read

Yes

Shame.

Exactly

It'sa not nice to read

Yes

So you think that relationships are based on money! Would you leave your US/UK/EU/AUS/? wife/partner for the same reasons?

You can't compare your relationship to others. Each relationship starts with different path. None of us has any idea how it starts and how it gets to the point which makes you wonder how much you should give her.

Women all need stability, a nest. She is now taking care of your child. As I mentioned earlier in my previous post, do what your heart feels right. It does not matter how the others treat their GF or wife. It's about do what's right and what you need to do as a husband and a father.

"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them." ~

Ernest Hemingway

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

In most societies, you would be forced to support your addition to the general population. Believe it or not. It would definitely be more than 5000 baht. Sure, you can throw some straw on a grass hut, put in a little crib from the china market, put slats of boards on an elevated floor so the kid does not have to wear pampers....

Some folks have extended families...and have a farm/nature/community sharing, etc. Perhaps 5000 seems a lot to them. And yes, I see happier kids in that environment. I understand. This situation is not available to every single Thai person. I consider the ones that do have it particularly fortunate and rich in other ways. If you are lucky, this will be good, and inexpensive...sure.

For us other people....nope. As I mentioned earlier...the mom might want to live away and work. Her income will most likely be less than half, and perhaps not even 20 percent of your income...yet she will give it all to your offspring, while you give a pitiful 10 or 20 percent of yours... while living fat and happy.

Now, when the child goes to school...5000 might cover transportation and a few meals. That is pretty much it.

Shame.

Exactly

It'sa not nice to read

Yes

So you think that relationships are based on money! Would you leave your US/UK/EU/AUS/? wife/partner for the same reasons?

I wouldn't leave a partner with the bare minimum.

If you think any woman in this world doesn't take your financial status Into account before going into a relationship with you, well, you're acutely naive

• Like 1

If you think any woman in this world doesn't take your financial status Into account before going into a relationship with you, well, you're acutely naive

Roger (radio talk meaning affirmative) that.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

What does 5,000 baht cover ?

well viewers i can live on 5000 baht a month quite easily here in Thailand. I have found a lovely small room here in Pattaya with bathroom and free WIFI & Sat TV and all for just 2000 baht a month in rent! Thai food in the market only costs between 20 & 30 Baht.Guys i think some of you need to " wake up and smell the coffee " as i think a lot of you are " being taken for a ride " but i must admit it's hilarious to watch! cheesy.gif

Greetings to you all Viewers!

F.J

• Like 1

well viewers i can live on 5000 baht a month quite easily here in Thailand. I have found a lovely small room here in Pattaya with bathroom and free WIFI & Sat TV and all for just 2000 baht a month in rent! Thai food in the market only costs between 20 & 30 Baht.Guys i think some of you need to " wake up and smell the coffee " as i think a lot of you are " being taken for a ride " but i must admit it's hilarious to watch! cheesy.gif

F.J

So your utilities, transportation, medical, entertainment, clothing, laundry.....are all included in this price~!

What a fun life you got.

F.J

I think it would be hilarious to watch you in your small room in Pattaya.

• Like 1

F.J

Frankly you should be on the next plane home as you can't actually afford to live here

• Like 1

F.J

Frankly you should be on the next plane home as you can't actually afford to live here
I think a lot of foreigners who come here end up spending a lot of money. They don't want to live in an apartment for 2000 baht a month. They don't want to eat Thai food everyday! They're going to the bars/clubs and partying. Hooking up with bar girls cost money. Do it 3-4 times a night/week and expenses quickly add up. Throw in alcohol, gold chains, flashy clothes, steak, and a nice car and it can get very expensive.

When most people vacation/live here they wanna do it in style.

Edited by benj005

Living in isaan now in a small town and in a small house.

Power Bill 1800 Baht a Month No Air Con

Water Bill 200 Baht a Month

Internet Bill 590 Baht a Month

Gas Bottle Refill 350 Baht A Month

Drinking and Cooking Water Bottles 300 Baht A Month

Petrol for Honda wave 110 400 Baht a Month

School Public for 16 year old 1000 Baht a Month

School Public for 14 Year old 600 Baht A Month

Just hope this helps someone. 5240 Baht without food, clothes, ect

That's a lot for electricity, I only do 1,500 with air-con.

Gas bottle should last 3-4 months (380bht now).

Water is 0.5bht/l. Delivered is expensive.

I think a lot of foreigners who come here end up spending a lot of money. They don't want to live in an apartment for 2000 baht a month. They don't want to eat Thai food everyday! They're going to the bars/clubs and partying. Hooking up with bar girls cost money. Do it 3-4 times a night/week and expenses quickly add up. Throw in alcohol, gold chains, flashy clothes, steak, and a nice car and it can get very expensive.

When most people vacation/live here they wanna do it in style.

There's way too many that live here on the breadline. Naturally they will tell you online and on a bar stool that they have a "good life/love it" etc while balloon chasing. When the reality is they are scared and out their depth as one little accident or any mishap that life can throw at you means deep shit for them.

I always maintain when you live in any country that's not your home country, that you should be able to stand up, pick up a bag with clothes in it, have your passport in your pocket and be able to get to the airport and fly to your home country with in 24 hours, and have enough cash left to live for a month or two before you get any sort of income wither it's a job or government assistance.

Shame.

Exactly

It'sa not nice to read

90% of the men posting have exactly the same lifestyle as their wives/ long term gfs as they live together and share everything. Should I give my wife a better lifestyle than what I have?

• Like 1

F.J

I think it would be hilarious to watch you in your small room in Pattaya.

You obviously know little about an expat's life in Pattaya. Not much time will be spent in the room.