How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

What does 5,000 baht cover ?

well viewers i can live on 5000 baht a month quite easily here in Thailand. I have found a lovely small room here in Pattaya with bathroom and free WIFI & Sat TV and all for just 2000 baht a month in rent! Thai food in the market only costs between 20 & 30 Baht.Guys i think some of you need to " wake up and smell the coffee " as i think a lot of you are " being taken for a ride " but i must admit it's hilarious to watch! cheesy.gif

Greetings to you all Viewers!

F.J

Frankly you should be on the next plane home as you can't actually afford to live here

Rubbish. He economises on the unessentials to have a nice life outside the room.

• Like 1

well viewers i can live on 5000 baht a month quite easily here in Thailand. I have found a lovely small room here in Pattaya with bathroom and free WIFI & Sat TV and all for just 2000 baht a month in rent! Thai food in the market only costs between 20 & 30 Baht.Guys i think some of you need to " wake up and smell the coffee " as i think a lot of you are " being taken for a ride " but i must admit it's hilarious to watch! cheesy.gif

F.J

Frankly you should be on the next plane home as you can't actually afford to live here

Rubbish. He economises on the unessentials to have a nice life outside the room.

Predictable reply mate

Seems like one medical emergency and these people are going to be wiped out.

You need to have savings to cope with at least three medical emergencies if you're married and two if you're single......minimum.

When I say medical emergency, one = 1.5 million Baht.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

F.J

Predictable reply mate

The truth is generally predictable.

• Like 1

Seems like one medical emergency and these people are going to be wiped out.

You need to have savings to cope with at least three medical emergencies if you're married and two if you're single......minimum.

When I say medical emergency, one = 1.5 million Baht.

That's what insurance is for.

And just how many of these cheap charlies living in small rooms in Pattaya, or up in Nakorn nowhere do you think have insurance?

Have you checked out the price for a good comprehensive medical insurance package if you're over 50, 60, 65 years old?

It gets to the stage where it's better to save the cash than take out a policy as it stops being cost effective.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

As I've said before......if you can't live a materially better off life-style in a third world country, what's the point?

Freedom. There are people who care more about freedom than what you think of their lifestyle.

Money gives you freedom..........much more freedom and choice than without it.

• Like 1

As I've said before......if you can't live a materially better off life-style in a third world country, what's the point?

Freedom. There are people who care more about freedom than what you think of their lifestyle.

The old fisherman to the rich guy who chartered his boat. Don't you want to be rich Somchai? Somchai, so I could come here and fish? Freedom is lack of money. Freedom is not caring about money. So exactly the opposite. If you want to know freedom take a vow of poverty.

• Like 1

Looking forwards to the replies to this.....

The old fisherman to the rich guy who chartered his boat. Don't you want to be rich Somchai? Somchai, so I could come here and fish? Freedom is lack of money. Freedom is not caring about money. So exactly the opposite. If you want to know freedom take a vow of poverty.

That's what all people without money say. See how far a proverb will get you when you need an operation, but, can't afford it.

Tell your proverb to the next poor person you meet and see what they say.

With money, you can have exactly the same life-style as the bloke with no money, but, with a safety net. Truly freedom from worry.

Just because you have money doesn't take away anything from your life.

Lack of money takes away freedom and freedom of choice.

It buys better looking girl-friends, too biggrin.png

All foreigners that have made Thailand their home can be divided into two groups.

Those that will be able to stay for their whole lives, or at least until they choose otherwise, and those that will have to go home through lack of money.

Here in Phuket, the latter vastly outnumber the former.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

That's what all people without money say. See how far a proverb will get you when you need an operation, but, can't afford it.

Tell your proverb to the next poor person you meet and see what they say.

With money, you can have exactly the same life-style as the bloke with no money, but, with a safety net. Truly freedom from worry.

Just because you have money doesn't take away anything from your life.

Lack of money takes away freedom and freedom of choice.

It buys better looking girl-friends, too biggrin.png

All foreigners that have made Thailand their home can be divided into two groups.

Those that will be able to stay for their whole lives, or at least until they choose otherwise, and those that will have to go home through lack of money.

Here in Phuket, the latter vastly outnumber the former.

I think you chose the right place to live. Maybe, try a higher elevation in your next reincarnation. Whatever can be found can also be lost. wai2.gif

It's all pointless. I do find that now when I have money I am a lot more worried about losing it. Steve Jobs was rich and hospital could not save him. We all end up at the same place anyway.

Give it to me then. I don't suffer money worries. Making, or losing it.

F.J

I think it would be hilarious to watch you in your small room in Pattaya.

You obviously know little about an expat's life in Pattaya. Not much time will be spent in the room.
Well if he's only spending 5,000 baht a month I doubt he's going out much.
  • Like 2

Scott who has his show on You Tube "I'm an American in Bangkok" scoffed at the idea that you could live in Thailand for $500 USD a month. That would be a little over 15,000 baht. It gets expensive in Bangkok. I don't want to eat Thai food all the time. I like to go to the mall and eat Japanese Buffet while drinking an imported beer. I like to let loose on the weekends. I don't like to huddle around my laptop watching movies on a Saturday night because I'm too poor to go out.

Edited by benj005
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

well viewers i can live on 5000 baht a month quite easily here in Thailand. I have found a lovely small room here in Pattaya with bathroom and free WIFI & Sat TV and all for just 2000 baht a month in rent! Thai food in the market only costs between 20 & 30 Baht.Guys i think some of you need to " wake up and smell the coffee " as i think a lot of you are " being taken for a ride " but i must admit it's hilarious to watch! cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

F.J

You obviously know little about an expat's life in Pattaya. Not much time will be spent in the room.

Hello Viewers!

To be honest financially i am probably far better off than most of you who are " viewing " I do not have unlimited funds but could probably " buy most of you out completely ".I just choose to live in a small room.I am not materialistic,i do not drink and i do not smoke and i hate " bars & football " I spend most of my time outside in the lovely sunshine that we have here in Thailand,walking,swimming,exploring,bicycle or on the train.I enjoy Pattaya for the climate and busy most afternoons on the beach.( i do NOT spend all day indoors! ) I am single,i do not have a girlfriend ( out of choice ) i do have a few " Thai lady friends who i know " ( i most certainly to not give them money but its nice as we enjoy each others company sometimes - " wink wink " ) I eat Thai food from the market,i eat fresh fruit ( i don't eat in restaurants because i find the food on the market superior ) So yes you can live cheaply in Thailand and have a nice time! Those of you that wish to pay for a lady to live with you then that's up to you! But the ladies who i know ( even in Pattaya ) spend time with me because maybe they just like me for being me.........

Kind regards to you all viewers!

" joop joop " to you all!wub.png

Farang Jaidee x

well viewers i can live on 5000 baht a month quite easily here in Thailand. I have found a lovely small room here in Pattaya with bathroom and free WIFI & Sat TV and all for just 2000 baht a month in rent! Thai food in the market only costs between 20 & 30 Baht.Guys i think some of you need to " wake up and smell the coffee " as i think a lot of you are " being taken for a ride " but i must admit it's hilarious to watch! cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

F.J

Hello Viewers!

To be honest financially i am probably far better off than most of you who are " viewing " I do not have unlimited funds but could probably " buy most of you out completely ".I just choose to live in a small room.I am not materialistic,i do not drink and i do not smoke and i hate " bars & football " I spend most of my time outside in the lovely sunshine that we have here in Thailand,walking,swimming,exploring,bicycle or on the train.I enjoy Pattaya for the climate and busy most afternoons on the beach.( i do NOT spend all day indoors! ) I am single,i do not have a girlfriend ( out of choice ) i do have a few " Thai lady friends who i know " ( i most certainly to not give them money but its nice as we enjoy each others company sometimes - " wink wink " ) I eat Thai food from the market,i eat fresh fruit ( i don't eat in restaurants because i find the food on the market superior ) So yes you can live cheaply in Thailand and have a nice time! Those of you that wish to pay for a lady to live with you then that's up to you! But the ladies who i know ( even in Pattaya ) spend time with me because maybe they just like me for being me.........

Farang Jaidee x

Yawn......

My Thai brother in law works as a water bottle filler and delivery man. He works a 12 hour day, 6 days a week for TB300 a day. That works out at TB7200 a month.

He catches the baht bus or taxi bike to and from work, supplies his own breakfast and lunch, pays his mother rent and for evening meals, total TB3000 a month. He also banks TB2000 a month. That leaves him TB2200 a month for Taxi and other items like phone card payments etc.

I gave my wife before we were married TB10000 a month and supported herself, her sister going to school and sometimes her mother, when the mothers business broke square or there was a loss "Cooking" During that time the brother in law was not living at home and contributing to the family. They got through OK.

Your lady should be able to live with her family on the TB15000 a month you are supplying, the other members of her family should also be contributing as all Thai families do, that's the way of life here. Put your foot down and grow some ball* and tell her to pull the apron strings in.

Don't fall into the trap that a lot of guys have and lose all they had. I think she is taking you for a ride and thinks you are an easy touch or mark for cash.

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

yah 10-15 thou a month is fine - been her 14 yrs - make 60thou baht a month take home - mortgage in wife's name is 10,000 a month with 10 yrs left and 600.000 bt on the house - bank wants to lend us money no prob as paid every month on time... give her 200 bt a day for food around the house - any more for other things that come and lots do... grandsons public thai school 4000 a semester, 1100 bt for the school van yesterday...1000 bt for a good friend to do anything around the house like electric wiring and stuff...she wants 1-2000 bt for something no problem... so yah 10 thou a month plus more for grandma and the rest of the family that looks after grandson...electric with one air con 2-2500 a month... that's it... just paid off a motorcike for daughter in law - 18 months at 3200 bt a month so yes it starts to add up but no prob to help out with grandson and DIL... so say 15-20 a month includes mortgage payment in Rangsit maybe a few extra thou here and there but that helps out like 10 people including me and extended thai family.... you want to pay 20-30-50 a month ? go ahead if you can afford it - always somebody coming up sick or police problem or needs 1000 bt to pay groceries... i only "loan" want I don't want paid back as it never happens... had a friend of the wife hi-so type that had a 600,000+ bt monk party - big hotshot in the rangsit gov out here... 1000+ people at the monk party for his 2 kids ...maybe they only go to the wat for 2 weeks.... anyway 2 weeks after he shows up and is asking for 2000 bt ...so yah hand it over .... that was 8 months ago - never heard a word back or one baht - but he only asked for 2000 bt - now if he did that to 200-300 other friends...sharp guy... didn't ask for too much he would have gotten the money to pay off the Big Show Monk Party... and the Monk Party deals - the thai that puts one on never gets the money back - so it surpriced me he only asked for 2000 bt - but now that I think about - was a good plan ....

anyway... give what you can to help.. but if you are or are not here with feet on the ground look out...."no free love here" either you pay or you don't play

up to you how you deal with your money.... been married 10 years now.... first 7 were great then the "bua falung" sets in ... have to "choose wisely" the first time as the Knight in Indie Jones said...so I end up with an awesome family and grandson and a wife that i hardly talk to now...not bad but not great...I take care of her and her family but have no relationship anymore... 5 5 5 who knows where the wind blows... so I just work and have fun and enjoy what I can....

Hello Viewers!

To be honest financially i am probably far better off than most of you who are " viewing "

I do not have unlimited funds but could probably " buy most of you out completely ".

I just choose to live in a small room.I am not materialistic,i do not drink and i do not smoke and i hate " bars & football " I spend most of my time outside in the lovely sunshine that we have here in Thailand,walking,swimming,exploring,bicycle or on the train.I enjoy Pattaya for the climate and busy most afternoons on the beach.( i do NOT spend all day indoors! ) I am single,i do not have a girlfriend ( out of choice ) i do have a few " Thai lady friends who i know " ( i most certainly to not give them money but its nice as we enjoy each others company sometimes - " wink wink " ) I eat Thai food from the market,i eat fresh fruit ( i don't eat in restaurants because i find the food on the market superior ) So yes you can live cheaply in Thailand and have a nice time! Those of you that wish to pay for a lady to live with you then that's up to you! But the ladies who i know ( even in Pattaya ) spend time with me because maybe they just like me for being me.........

Farang Jaidee x

Echoes ... I hear Echoes.

Echoes of a Former Member

To be honest financially i am probably far better off than most of you who are " viewing ".

I could probably " buy most of you out completely "

... laugh.png

• Like 1

F.J

I have seen 5-6 posts from you like this one. An obviously you are telling a lie. Because you change the amount a lot every time. Both for the rent and the monthly cost. The rent was double and the sum 15-20k before. Then it was 7-8 k only a few days ago

• Like 2

F.J

I have seen 5-6 posts from you like this one. An obviously you are telling a lie. Because you change the amount a lot every time. Both for the rent and the monthly cost. The rent was double and the sum 15-20k before. Then it was 7-8 k only a few days ago

Yeah......I thought as much.....

Hello again Viewers!

Some our viewers seem to be rather " ruffled " with some of my posts? ( it seems that i know which " buttons to press ".... ) lol

Don't take life so seriously viewers it really is too short! I must admit i wouldn't swap my life with anyone on here,i enjoy living on my own being as " free as a nok " in my " non materialistic lifestyle " I respect we are all different but viewers i am a very " romantic farang " i wouldn't feel very romantic with a lady who i am paying to live with me! lol

Have a lovely day!

The sun is shining here in Pattaya and i think i will pop over to Koh Larn and catch a few rays ( i would imagine that some of our viewers will be hoping that i will end up standing on a " Sea Urchin " .....lol

Joop Joop Viewers! wub.png

Farang Jaidee

post-193254-0-96704900-1407466970_thumb.

Hello again Viewers!

Some our viewers seem to be rather " ruffled " with some of my posts? ( it seems that i know which " buttons to press ".... ) lol

Don't take life so seriously viewers it really is too short! I must admit i wouldn't swap my life with anyone on here,i enjoy living on my own being as " free as a nok " in my " non materialistic lifestyle " I respect we are all different but viewers i am a very " romantic farang " i wouldn't feel very romantic with a lady who i am paying to live with me! lol

Have a lovely day!

The sun is shining here in Pattaya and i think i will pop over to Koh Larn and catch a few rays ( i would imagine that some of our viewers will be hoping that i will end up standing on a " Sea Urchin " .....lol

Joop Joop Viewers! wub.png

Farang Jaidee

You are not free as a nok. You are Kee Nok

• Like 1