How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

Give my live in girlfriend 15000 per month and she has to pay her father's car payment of 5300 per month out of this. I take her on holidays to England, Vietnam, Hong Kong and Hua Hin. Plus I pay for all her food and she eats well. I have promised to build her a house in her family's village, probably costing about 1 million baht. Also I have promised to marry her. Yesterday she told me I do not give her enough money (I can't repeat what I said to her) and I saw red. Needless to say I have secretly abandoned the plans to build her a house and the marriage will not take place untill at least 12 months after the last time she pisses me off, so that will probably never happen. When I met her she owed about 45000 baht and I have helped her to clear that. She now lives a good life (in my opinion) but she still wants more. I have not shown her the door yet but that may not too far away.

• Like 2

Give my live in girlfriend 15000 per month and she has to pay her father's car payment of 5300 per month out of this. I take her on holidays to England, Vietnam, Hong Kong and Hua Hin. Plus I pay for all her food and she eats well. I have promised to build her a house in her family's village, probably costing about 1 million baht. Also I have promised to marry her. Yesterday she told me I do not give her enough money (I can't repeat what I said to her) and I saw red. Needless to say I have secretly abandoned the plans to build her a house and the marriage will not take place untill at least 12 months after the last time she pisses me off, so that will probably never happen. When I met her she owed about 45000 baht and I have helped her to clear that. She now lives a good life (in my opinion) but she still wants more. I have not shown her the door yet but that may not too far away.

Why delay the inevitable?

Just give her a straight red card today and 500 baht for the one way bus ticket back to Nakon Nowhere.

Dont give her enough, she should take a look around and compare herself to how her peers live.

If 15k per month aint enough, tell her to send me a pm, she can join some of the girls I know putting in a 10 hour day at a factory 6 days a week.

A holiday once a year for 5 or 6 days at Song Kran is what they have to look forward to, coupled with never ending demands for money from upcountry.

I know Thais around me who dont even bother going home at New Year or Song Kran for obvious reasons.

These people have escaped the harsh reality of upcountry and want nothing to do with it, they have empowered themselves are are moving on.

You want to see some of the waste of space boyfriends that make their way to Bkk thinking they are going to leech off these girls.

These girls soon discover there are other fish in the pond and they have options and alternatives open to them.

• Like 1

You pay her, her fathers car, take her on holidays abroad, promised her a house. And she like to have more!!! I Think you already know what to do !!

... Dont give her enough, she should take a look around and compare herself to how her peers live.

If 15k per month aint enough, tell her to send me a pm, she can join some of the girls I know putting in a 10 hour day at a factory 6 days a week.

A holiday once a year for 5 or 6 days at Song Kran is what they have to look forward to, coupled with never ending demands for money from upcountry.

That fairly much sums up the reality for may of the Thai Ladies.

The Factory works where my gf used to work probably did an 8 hour day ... but it was 6 days a week

I do realize many of us were very lucky to be born in countries where we have a voice, and don't have to be afraid to use it, but I still say if you live in a country like Thailand, and you are cumulatively so passive with your employers, and so adverse to complain or cause any sort of problem, that you simply are getting what is coming to you. I am not saying if I was a Thai every thing would be perfect of course, but the point is they must take a certain level of responsibility for the unfavorable working conditions. In as objective a voice as possible, I'd say the average Thai lady is far too apt to take more than she has coming to her from boyfriends ("the weak"), and on the opposite end far too apt to give in too much to her employers ("the strong" as far as they are concerned). Yet, the disparity of the way they are treated between boyfriends and employers is absolutely a product of the way they themselves treat each of them. Meaning, Thais have created their own problems with employers, and seem to try and counteract that in their dealings with foreigners.

I don't know if that came out well enough to make my point clear, but all I am saying is Thais have brought much of this crap upon themselves, and I personally don't really feel sorry for them, not that anybody is asking me to, and I CERTAINLY don't feel the need to give them much, of any, of my own money.

Edited by isawasnake
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You pay her, her fathers car, take her on holidays abroad, promised her a house. And she like to have more!!! I Think you already know what to do !!

Its not easy as early in the day I was on high as we went for a meal and to watch a movie then for a couple of drinks, then an hour or so later this happens. We have been together for nearly two years and she has given stability to my life, but things are very frosty today. Perhaps next time she visits her parents I will not be a good boy like I have been for such a long time and maybe I will insist she does not return. At least I have seen the light regarding the house.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One thing most farangs hansum or not must realise, you are the money source, end of story, heeey, that includes me. Thai women for sure would like to remain in a totally Thai environment but shit happens and kids must be taken care of. Us farangs are the key. Most of us are OK with it but fore sure we are no "King of the hill".....Family is.........sad.png

Pleased we have not had any kids so separation will be easier, have to make sure she does not get pregnant before she leaves and yes the family is definitely number one. Thai girls do not get that many opportunities to meet a good Farang like myself and I am sure a lot of them when they get too old to be a bar girl, live to regret taking their previous Farang partner for granted. Thai girlfriends may come and go but if we are not too stupid we can go on to meet the next girl with most of our savings intact and all of our pensions. You never know the next one (there are one or two waiting) maybe the one.

Hello again viewers? thumbsup.gif

" Pay a Thai lady money and you will all learn the hard way "

There are plenty of lovely Thai ladies that i meet every day in Big C, Tesco Lotus, Banks etc and many are only looking for a bit of " romance " They have a job so you don't have to pay them ( apart from the more gullible viewer ..) You don't have to live together,whats wrong with just " dating " romantic meals,romantic walks,holding hands and a romantic movie too? Didn't you just love " Gone With The Wind " viewers... ? wub.png

Farang Jaidee x

There are plenty of lovely Thai ladies that i meet every day in Big C, Tesco Lotus, Banks etc and many are only looking for a bit of " romance " They have a job so you don't have to pay them ( apart from the more gullible viewer ..) You don't have to live together,whats wrong with just " dating " romantic meals,romantic walks,holding hands and a romantic movie too? Didn't you just love " Gone With The Wind " viewers... ? wub.png

Farang Jaidee x

What about if your chosen lady doesn't have a job?

Say, she gave her job up to move closer to where you live in Thailand.

Is it OK to help her?

What if she is the mother of the children, but you don't live together ... the children prevent her from going to work ... is OK to support her then?

canarysun ... I need your guidance on this matter.

• Like 1

Farang Jaidee x

gee a man of wisdom,tell me oh blessed one,where did I go wrong,i don't give my wife any money at all,SHE GIVES ME.facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Hello again viewers? thumbsup.gif alt=thumbsup.gif>

There are plenty of lovely Thai ladies that i meet every day in Big C, Tesco Lotus, Banks etc and many are only looking for a bit of " romance " They have a job so you don't have to pay them ( apart from the more gullible viewer ..) You don't have to live together,whats wrong with just " dating " romantic meals,romantic walks,holding hands and a romantic movie too? Didn't you just love " Gone With The Wind " viewers... ? alt=wub.png>

Farang Jaidee x

What about if your chosen lady doesn't have a job?

Say, she gave her job up to move closer to where you live in Thailand.

Is it OK to help her?

What if she is the mother of the children, but you don't live together ... the children prevent her from going to work ... is OK to support her then?

canarysun ... I need your guidance on this matter.

Well my friend .. I can only say ( with the kindest respect ) that you appear to be " Donald Ducked " .........

I don't see a problem giving your wife or long time gf some money now and then. If there is a problem with the family or someone dies 10 or 20k is fine. I also don't think paying the rent and buying dinner when going out is a problem. Most farang make 10 times the money our girlfriends make so helping out or paying the way is somewhat expected.

The problem is when you give them a paycheck to stay with you. The money is not a gift or something you give to be nice. The money is expected and an increase every few months is normally asked for. The money is the reason you are together and love is a minor part or not even a factor. Remove the money and the relationship is done. This is the worst type of relationship there is as you may fall in love the this girl and she knows exactly how to suck more and more out of you until you are dry or she gets a better offer. I would guess that most of these relationships started as a bar fine and progressed into being a personal hooker. Avoid these relationships at all cost unless you only plan to play and then move on to the next toy. If you both understand it is sex for money then no harm done. But there are too many farangs with broken hearts and too many lazy hookers out there taking advantage. All young girls should be working or going to school to learn something unless they are taking care of your kids.

My opinion for what it's worth :)

• Like 2

I don't see a problem giving your wife or long time gf some money now and then. If there is a problem with the family or someone dies 10 or 20k is fine. I also don't think paying the rent and buying dinner when going out is a problem. Most farang make 10 times the money our girlfriends make so helping out or paying the way is somewhat expected.

The problem is when you give them a paycheck to stay with you. The money is not a gift or something you give to be nice. The money is expected and an increase every few months is normally asked for. The money is the reason you are together and love is a minor part or not even a factor. Remove the money and the relationship is done. This is the worst type of relationship there is as you may fall in love the this girl and she knows exactly how to suck more and more out of you until you are dry or she gets a better offer. I would guess that most of these relationships started as a bar fine and progressed into being a personal hooker. Avoid these relationships at all cost unless you only plan to play and then move on to the next toy. If you both understand it is sex for money then no harm done. But there are too many farangs with broken hearts and too many lazy hookers out there taking advantage. All young girls should be working or going to school to learn something unless they are taking care of your kids.

My opinion for what it's worth smile.png

Yes i agree with most of your words.After doing quite a bit of research over the years here in Thailand.There are many farang that just cannot live alone.They are terrified to be alone and because they cannot find a girl friend they just basically " rent one " full time! ( a live in maid ) I honestly do not know anybody who pays a lady to live with them! ( only the ones i see here on Thai Visa ) as i mentioned before all my friends share all the bills 50 / 50 and that seems to be the normal way.Its all about " compromise " and sharing.If you are paying a lady to live with you then the chances are extremely high that she probably doesn't even like you! ( oh dear viewers....... It's a worrying thought isn't it viewers....? )

The problem as I see it really lies with the Thais and their thinking. They seem to feel that money should just work its way around via osmosis. They really think this is the proper way to be thinking too.

Its not just the Thais. Many Americans have issues with money as well. Why are so many Americans in debt? Edited by benj005

5000 in Isaan and not ask not tell but demand she get a job.

Of course she should get a job but not just financially but because it isn't very good to be in a relationship ( or business deal ) with someone 24 hours a day! You both need your own lives,interests,hobbies and days out by yourselves! that's a very important part of a relationship.Also Thai ladies to have a habit of wanting to " sit indoors all day playing games on there smartphone " with hardly any dialogue coming out of there mouths apart from " errr " I personally couldn't live with someone like this as i love to be up early in the morning walking a good 10 KM and then all afternoon on the beach soaking up the sun and crashing through the waves like " The Hoff " ( David Hasselhoff ) surely that's why we are here isn't it for this wonderful " outdoor lifestyle " viewers?

Of course she should get a job but not just financially but because it isn't very good to be in a relationship ( or business deal ) with someone 24 hours a day! You both need your own lives,interests,hobbies and days out by yourselves! that's a very important part of a relationship.Also Thai ladies to have a habit of wanting to " sit indoors all day playing games on there smartphone " with hardly any dialogue coming out of there mouths apart from " errr " I personally couldn't live with someone like this as i love to be up early in the morning walking a good 10 KM and then all afternoon on the beach soaking up the sun and crashing through the waves like " The Hoff " ( David Hasselhoff ) surely that's why we are here isn't it for this wonderful " outdoor lifestyle " viewers?

Do you know how to use full stop (.) when you need to make a new sentence?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I thought that was called a period.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I thought that was called a period.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Only when using American English.

• Like 1

Hello Viewers!

It's rather interesting that with some of these Farangs who " offer money to a Thai Lady to live with them " Could you imagine if you tried that approach on a Lady in the UK ?

Imagine approaching a Lady in " Sainsburys " ( in the canned fruit section ) " excuse me Madam ? ( Dick Emery voice ) Are you single? Will you live with me for 200 pounds a month ??

You would probably just get a reply to " Foxtrot Oscar " .........

Farang Jaidee biggrin.png

Hello Viewers!

It's rather interesting that with some of these Farangs who " offer money to a Thai Lady to live with them " Could you imagine if you tried that approach on a Lady in the UK ?

Imagine approaching a Lady in " Sainsburys " ( in the canned fruit section ) " excuse me Madam ? ( Dick Emery voice ) Are you single? Will you live with me for 200 pounds a month ??

You would probably just get a reply to " Foxtrot Oscar " .........

Farang Jaidee biggrin.png

Does your mummy know you are on the computer?

• Like 1