How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

I think 15,000 baht is a fair amount (although 20,000 baht is now what I have been giving)

I have hard working male staff, who take care of family rent room and earns 9000 Baht in Bangkok. With 20K you live like a King in Isaan.

All these dollar amounts are OK if you don't want your family to have much of a life.

It seems like everyone's goal in life is to be as frugal as possible. Sure it's possible to live on small $$ amounts but why would you.

Everyone here on this site can't be Dutch.

Washing machine goes out, stove breaks, maintanance for car, new clothes, school supplies, eat out, gas for car and motorbikes, take the kids to the pool, take a holiday, medical expenses, good food, have a little drink sometimes and the list goes on. 10,000 baht a month is a joke.

I think 15,000 baht is a fair amount (although 20,000 baht is now what I have been giving)

I have hard working male staff, who take care of family rent room and earns 9000 Baht in Bangkok. With 20K you live like a King in Isaan.

All these dollar amounts are OK if you don't want your family to have much of a life.

It seems like everyone's goal in life is to be as frugal as possible. Sure it's possible to live on small $$ amounts but why would you.

Washing machine goes out, stove breaks, maintanance for car, new clothes, school supplies, eat out, gas for car and motorbikes, take the kids to the pool, take a holiday, medical expenses, good food, have a little drink sometimes and the list goes on. 10,000 baht a month is a joke.

Stop for a moment and imagine that, like most of the millions of Thai families, a daughter didn't marry a farang ATM, and ask yourself why that having married the ATM, the ATM is obliged to support all the people he didn't marry. Would the ATM support the beloved's family back home?

• Like 1

20000 baht in Issan! That's even too much for Bangkok buddy. Your supporting your girlfriend and child which is fair and right...but paying for child no 1 and the mother in law too!?. 10,000 is more than enough to live comfortably in Issan...Is your wife paying rent?.if shes not and she wants 20k she's taking you for a ride!

There are a lot of unexpected costs you're not considering.

E.g. what if the buffalo gets sick?

what if the motorbike is stolen?

what if her brother needs bail money?

what if her grandmother gets sick?

All of these things may happen to OP's girlfriend/wife on a monthly basis.

!! I spat coffee on my keyboard! 10/10 clap2.gif

• Like 1

its a moot point, i dont date nor have i ever been in a relationship with women who dont have their own income. Why would i?

A lot of women don't work while in college.wai2.gif

That's true, my misses is at university, before that she was at high school.

Not much time for work, apart from studies.

Stop for a moment and imagine that, like most of the millions of Thai families, a daughter didn't marry a farang ATM, and ask yourself why that having married the ATM, the ATM is obliged to support all the people he didn't marry. Would the ATM support the beloved's family back home?

"like most of the millions of Thai families" - they are not public property.

ATM's - are public property.

There are many foreigners living a happy normal family life in Thailand married to Thais.

It is only a few who had made the bad choice making the most noise.

It is interesting how some people feel that supporting a wife is giving money to another person?

Quote "You should be having 5 star service for supporting a wife?"

Let's be straight and honest here.

For the most part (generalization), foreign men in Thailand are not the cream of the crops in looks, fitness, age, health or education.

For the most part, most of these types have married a Thai woman that is probably on average younger, better looking and in better shape.

How foreigners with no education come to judge Thai women with limited education, well that is a mystery in itself.

Facts being as they are, the foreign man marries a Thai woman better looking than himself (for the most part), so in fact the man is getting something. If not, why get married at all?

Do you think Thai women or any other women want to wait on fat, old, ugly men for free? Wise up. You are the lesser of all other evils including extreme poverty.

Many foreigners tried marrying in their own country and failed 2 or 3 times, the common denominator in these failed marriages is the man. (although many will blame the 3 women)

It seems to me, all the men that bitch about giving their wives money or don't give them any money or barely any money, are the same types of men that failed in their own countries and have not figured out how to have an equal relationship with a woman, or don't have any money to give.

Whether you are married to a Thai or not, the fact you are married should result in an equal partnership. Why did you get married? Was it love or were you looking for a servant? If you were looking for a servant, I can understand when you run into misfortune. You deserve it.

If it doesn't, there is probably something wrong with you or you did not have the sense to marry a good hearted woman that you can trust and she can trust you.

How you treat and respect a Thai woman often dictates her actions towards you.

If a Thai woman outsmarts you to the point of taking your money, then shame on you for being so stupid.

You probably did something to deserve it.

There is an abundance of good marriages with Thai's and foreigners. If yours is not one of them, then you should be investigating why not.

If you think your wife is only with you for money, then obviously you do not have an equal relationship, do you?

Some men appreciate everything our Thai wives do as wives and mothers, then reciprocate that appreciation by being equals.

My wife has 100% access on her own to everything I own. I appreciate all her efforts as a wife and a super mother.

I think she appreciates the fact that I am not a drunk or whoremonger and work hard to give my family the best.

She knows she can trust me 100% and I trust her the same.

My wife and child both deserve the best that I can give them.

What I get in return is worth much more than any money to me.

She is a wonderful woman that just happens to hail from Thailand.

Best post on here, if the thread was titled how much do you pay your bar girl I could understand, but to me a wife is a partner not an acquisition.

its a moot point, i dont date nor have i ever been in a relationship with women who dont have their own income. Why would i?

For love? Or is it only about money for you?
This post must be some sort of reverse sarcasm

Not at all. I don't know why someone would only consider having a relationship with someone with their own income. Maybe I'm just a romantic.

This post must be some sort of reverse sarcasm
Not at all. I don't know why someone would only consider having a relationship with someone with their own income. Maybe I'm just a romantic.

It was a fair statement. Do most young women in Thailand marry old white man because of love or because of monthly stipend? I am sure there is love on guy's side. Thai women love their family first.

Parrots in my experience won't have sex until the male builds the nest. Young male parrots or old male parrots don't make any difference.

• Like 1

It was a fair statement. Do most young women in Thailand marry old white man because of love or because of monthly stipend? I am sure there is love on guy's side. Thai women love their family first.

My Thai misses is different, she only loves herself.

But wait, my former Thai gf only loved herself, and my former English wife of 30 years only loved herself.

None of them cared for their children, or their families, or for me.

Just when I was thinking mine were different, I discover they were all the same. DOH!

You can love them, but you're a fool if you trust them.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

What do you earn a month?are you finding it hard running 2 homes, looks to me like she is slightly avin the kecks off ya, but she is lookin after your child so she's got you by the ham Kai's, gunner be a hard one without it ending in tears, there will allways be somthing that crops up to relieve you of your hard earned disposable income each month..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Exactly feel she's trying to get as much as possible, she wasn't always like this but last few months she's talking so much, a lot of these things I'm not sure I believe, but what can you do she's looking after my child, can hardly say no.

And actually when I have this month she gone ape****

when they go ape×××× from not getting enough free money its time to pull the pin.

get on the phone and tell her your not going to be contactable anymore...or just diissapear for a while.

after a few months of getting NOTHING, you will be suprised how attractive the amounts of former free money will be.

It is interesting how some people feel that supporting a wife is giving money to another person?

Quote "You should be having 5 star service for supporting a wife?"

Let's be straight and honest here.

For the most part (generalization), foreign men in Thailand are not the cream of the crops in looks, fitness, age, health or education.

For the most part, most of these types have married a Thai woman that is probably on average younger, better looking and in better shape.

How foreigners with no education come to judge Thai women with limited education, well that is a mystery in itself.

Facts being as they are, the foreign man marries a Thai woman better looking than himself (for the most part), so in fact the man is getting something. If not, why get married at all?

Do you think Thai women or any other women want to wait on fat, old, ugly men for free? Wise up. You are the lesser of all other evils including extreme poverty.

Many foreigners tried marrying in their own country and failed 2 or 3 times, the common denominator in these failed marriages is the man. (although many will blame the 3 women)

It seems to me, all the men that bitch about giving their wives money or don't give them any money or barely any money, are the same types of men that failed in their own countries and have not figured out how to have an equal relationship with a woman, or don't have any money to give.

Whether you are married to a Thai or not, the fact you are married should result in an equal partnership. Why did you get married? Was it love or were you looking for a servant? If you were looking for a servant, I can understand when you run into misfortune. You deserve it.

If it doesn't, there is probably something wrong with you or you did not have the sense to marry a good hearted woman that you can trust and she can trust you.

How you treat and respect a Thai woman often dictates her actions towards you.

If a Thai woman outsmarts you to the point of taking your money, then shame on you for being so stupid.

You probably did something to deserve it.

There is an abundance of good marriages with Thai's and foreigners. If yours is not one of them, then you should be investigating why not.

If you think your wife is only with you for money, then obviously you do not have an equal relationship, do you?

Some men appreciate everything our Thai wives do as wives and mothers, then reciprocate that appreciation by being equals.

My wife has 100% access on her own to everything I own. I appreciate all her efforts as a wife and a super mother.

I think she appreciates the fact that I am not a drunk or whoremonger and work hard to give my family the best.

She knows she can trust me 100% and I trust her the same.

My wife and child both deserve the best that I can give them.

What I get in return is worth much more than any money to me.

She is a wonderful woman that just happens to hail from Thailand.

100% Correct thumbsup.gif

Why did the old man wait so long to fall in love - and then in a foreign country?

Doesn't sound quite right...

I give my wife 16,000 baht per month. It is probably what a standard job in Thailand pays. So I think it's adequate to provide for food, etc.

If I had a farang wife I don't know what they'd expect in terms of finances. Do they expect money every month too? I have never had a "farang" wife so I don't know.

• Like 1

What does 5,000 baht cover ?

well viewers i can live on 5000 baht a month quite easily here in Thailand. I have found a lovely small room here in Pattaya with bathroom and free WIFI & Sat TV and all for just 2000 baht a month in rent! Thai food in the market only costs between 20 & 30 Baht.Guys i think some of you need to " wake up and smell the coffee " as i think a lot of you are " being taken for a ride " but i must admit it's hilarious to watch! cheesy.gif

Greetings to you all Viewers!

F.J

Living the dream

I bet you also have pretty young Thai ladies getting moist at the sight of your bank roll

• Like 1

My Thai misses is different, she only loves herself.

But wait, my former Thai gf only loved herself, and my former English wife of 30 years only loved herself.

None of them cared for their children, or their families, or for me.

Just when I was thinking mine were different, I discover they were all the same. DOH!

You can love them, but you're a fool if you trust them.

I was just being polite

Man, I am really shocked at the amounts I am seeing here,

Before coming to Thailand I thought these were just stories of few farangs that get fleeced from time to time.

Without wanting to be a complete bore and state the obvious look at me I'm different I will say this.

I have been with my gf for 2.5 years. Been living in her house during all that time and never ever paid a baht. Yes, I live in her house for free and don't pay a baht. Her family keeps asking when we will get married and I keep postponing. Now I feel guilty and by the stuff I'm reading here I should do it tomorrow.

Who in their right mind pays their women to sit on their behind instead of going to work? This is crazy.

I am originally from Serbia which is actually a much poorer country than Thailand. If a woman in Serbia doesn't work we have a name for her - sponsor woman, When I moved in Canada all my Canadian women worked. Why should I be paying a woman in Thailand to be with me?

Ridiculous and no wonder most women see us here as spineless.

• Like 1

15000 a month should be good enough full stop , but the problem is that alit of very rich old or your mugs treat there girl friend because money is easy and create these monster which tell there friends what they get and say there man cheap Charle get more from him but f that I send my mrs about 80 pound a week so just over 15000 Barth a month and she has big debts to pay from here days of younger times like many of us do lol

Why should I be paying a woman in Thailand to be with me?

Because you're old, fat and bald, and she's young and slim?

(that's why we have to pay ours)

Post a photo of yourself, I'm sure it will reveal many reasons for you to pay her.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Man, I am really shocked at the amounts I am seeing here,

Before coming to Thailand I thought these were just stories of few farangs that get fleeced from time to time.

Without wanting to be a complete bore and state the obvious look at me I'm different I will say this.

I have been with my gf for 2.5 years. Been living in her house during all that time and never ever paid a baht. Yes, I live in her house for free and don't pay a baht. Her family keeps asking when we will get married and I keep postponing. Now I feel guilty and by the stuff I'm reading here I should do it tomorrow.

Who in their right mind pays their women to sit on their behind instead of going to work? This is crazy.

I am originally from Serbia which is actually a much poorer country than Thailand. If a woman in Serbia doesn't work we have a name for her - sponsor woman, When I moved in Canada all my Canadian women worked. Why should I be paying a woman in Thailand to be with me?

Ridiculous and no wonder most women see us here as spineless.

Why should I be paying a woman in Thailand to be with me?

You also should ask the question "Why a Thai woman should live with you".

Or elsu, one gets the feeling ALL Thai women should run behind these "privileged" foreigners!!! bah.gif

Yes of course you should pay her the 20K.......especially if your son is getting a decent education---that isn't cheap in Thailand (relatively speaking)

Yes you should be paying for the first child----you accepted him as part of your family when you accepted her---& anyhow how can you not--money sent will include him even if you say, not to. MIL......some people on these forums are so callous about Thai family's, its her blood.

Try putting the shoe on the other foot-----your mother is living and helping you a single parent out, in a country with no social safety net---& the person sending some financial help---says, well you got to kick your mum out or the money stops.

Stop trying to control her----your not together any-more---what she does with the money you send is up to her as long as your son is fed clothed, and loved etc ...etc

• Like 1