How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

Hello. first post to the forum. but reading it for a while. My thai wife has a job and house in bkk. Nice house by Thai standards, on the river, takes care of her parents, its not some shack but a proper decent house. Nice clothes. we travel ect. she earns 15,000 baht/ month at her job and saves money as well. thats taking care of her parents and a very pampered dog. donates money to the temple all the time because she knows how to budget.

I would be happy to give her money for anything she really needed and she takes great care of me . but I would NEVER offer a % of my income because thats not relevant and I have been through a western divorce in the past. never opening my self up to that sort of money drain again.

Clearly you must take care of the child and it sounds like she doesn't want to work but really shouldn't in my eyes for a few years to raise the child. but 20,000 baht goes along way in Issan. does pretty good in bkk also if not trying to live like a tourist...

Draw a line in the stand. be the man setting some ground rules or you will always be seen as a cow that is getting milked a bit more each month

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say that I have no experience in this matter whatsoever as I live here with my wife and children and we share EVERYTHING !

I always thought that was how marriages are supposed to work.

She also works her butt off on our farms (physically as well as administratively), so why not ?

I trust her.

Everyone should be so lucky !

I know I will get the normal crap from you guys.

But save it.

I have been here for 30 years and have heard it all.

We've been together for almost 15 years now.

Soon she will be doing more work then me anyway as she is 14 years younger clap2.gif

I must say that I have no experience in this matter whatsoever as I live here with my wife and children and we share EVERYTHING !

I always thought that was how marriages are supposed to work.

She also works her butt off on our farms (physically as well as administratively), so why not ?

I trust her.

Everyone should be so lucky !

I know I will get the normal crap from you guys.

But save it.

I have been here for 30 years and have heard it all.

We've been together for almost 15 years now.

Soon she will be doing more work then me anyway as she is 14 years younger clap2.gif

It is about luck in LOS............We all wish for "luck" in one way or another every day. You found yours. thumbsup.gif

Thank you for understanding.

Yes I did and I thank whatever spirits there are for any aid they might give wai.gif

I also hope the best to all as well.

Be careful, be wary, read the signs and trust your instinct.

Like I said I've heard it all and most of it is right messy......sad.png

if your girl continues to be pressured by others around her to extract more and more , then no way think of bringing her to your home country, it will most likely end in disaster ,costing much more.girls with this type of thinking and attitudes probably need to stay in the bar, not sure they can ever change their ways, they are so easily influenced by others, and jealous of 'stories" from others.they dont even have to have come from a bar background, some still think like this when have farang bf. but first try setting them up somewhere away from the leaches, and see how that goes . having said that , i dont think 20k for 2 kids is totally taking the piss just yet, but brace yourself , it will get worse.

<deleted> it aint rocket science. Sounds like you dont live here FULL TIME. I just dont understand farang. Child or no child they will take you on biggest ride you can imagine. Only solution is to LIVE HERE and put your foot down. Like many farang here we have been shagging lovely thai lady in bkk or issan while the hubbie rings. Geez learn about thai ,cut youd losses and move on, OR live here take control grow balls and take care of what you decide. Including buffolo if thats your gig

Yes the last few months she has been pushing me up to 20,000 with numerous reasons as to why she needs more.

Think partly because her mother / sister want her to go to 'work' and she has started complaining about how much 'bad' girls in her village get.

One girl is getting 50,000 (from a farrang who wants to take her abroad) she says (despite being fat and having a Thai husband who she lives with) and

lots of stories about how she doesn't ask for big money 30,000 or 40,000.

Then lots of stories about what farrang boyfriends / husbands have done for other girls in her village.

I fear she may be turning into that monster!

I have had numerous Thai GF's and now married to a wonderful Thai girl for the past 5-years.

First is to be honest with yourself --- is she looking to make money off of a farang or is it "love"?

I give my wife for her family $20K baht per month which is more than enough (most monthly Thai salaries are between 10-15K a month).

From the start we don't have any money discussions as I have been clear she needs to "budget" the $20K for all their needs. I am not paying for a buffalo, a motorcycle, a new car,...or a house.

She gets the money every two (2) weeks and no discussion or debates.

My wife has told me her Aunt told her she should suck more money from me and she just laughs at them as they struggle with selling chickens and selling food on the road side in the hot Thai temps.

If you answer the question that she is looking to make money off a farang, then you need to dump her quickly and don't look back. No sob stories and understand there are a lot of beautiful Thai girls that would be happy with $20K per month. Don't worry about the sex or that you have a kid together, you first need to look out for yourself! Don't be weak and if she threatens with leaving you for another farang or Thai man, then you have your answer.

Be careful as if she feels her threats to leave you aren't working, she may try to bribe you by causing you personnel/work related problems.

Note - Issan woman are rumored to be money sucking leaches. Also, Thai's don't associate sex with love as most farang. Thai's have been taught that farang have money, regardless how hard you have to work for it.

Lastly --- if she thinks she can get more money by being a "bad girl", then show her the door and within 6-months she will come running back.

20k every 2 wks is 40k a month..maybe its happening to you too!

Holy... some of you guys are getting hustled hard. But if you are happy then great.

I don't have a Thai gf but if I did, I would be offering free accomodation + meals paid for. She can get a normal job to support her own entertainment!

Then she is already ahead.. a good .. say 5,000 baht a month

This is not much but precisely why it starts small and keeps growing, wanting more and more.

I am amazed at the poor selection some guys make when choosing a thai partner.

Poor paying job at best, no job at all, getting dragged to live in Issan, kids from another man, etc etc.. then they wonder why this <deleted> happens to them

Simply amazing!!!

To answer Transam, he did not take any interest in his son after he was born. He has no money in any event, even now and I am quite happy to provide for his gran and him. They have brought him up to be an honest lad and he attends school regularly. He will make a good asset in due course for Thai society.

I believe Transam was being rhetorical, since the answer is always the same, much like your response...

" Amazing Thailand & Amazing Farang " .....

Firstly in a correct and honest loving relationship you don't give any money to a Thai Girlfiend! ( absolutely nothing ! ) she should be with you because she wants to be with you! Most of my friends living with there girlfriends in Thailand split all the bills 50 / 50 which is a great idea and also shows you that the lady wants to be with you for who you really are! " The moment you PAY a lady to live with you is the day your problems will start! There are many farang living in Thailand who pay a lady every month because they cannot find a girlfriend who actually wants to be with them and then it is not a relationship but only a " business arrangement " and the more money you give the more she will want!

Having a child with a lady is a different situation altogether.I would still get her to get a part time job somewhere and i think it would be more than generous to give her 5,000 baht a month towards the costs of looking after the child.Also the golden rule is to never show your " financial status " to your Thai Girlfriend.It's better to act as though you are going through a financial crisis and your finances are at a level of " Critical " ( a good test to see how much they really care about you...)

Being in a relationship is about " compromise " from both sides.( that includes financially )

farang jaidee

Plenty of Thai ladies will have a baby with you as part of the 'business arrangement'.

As you can see from the Australian downs syndrome baby story, you can pay cash and take baby with you.

AOA, you need to read beyond the headlines. That story actually involved an opportunistic and probably naive Thai girl signing up with an agency to become an IVF surrogate in return for a decent chunk of change - some of which she has yet to collect, if she'll ever see it. Yet another example of how foreigners continue to rape & pillage LOS which has laws against that sort of thing.

- another Australian

I got 50% of my husband income. N we have got join account as well. However i am a "tight a*s" that what my husband says about me. I am very careful with my money n our money (lol) especially now that we have little one. Oh....i am not Thai btw...

Whats with thai visa. Can we try and stick with the OP. Every post seems to involve pin pong between bored members. Fact is the OP is getting ripped off. Especially as he seems to no live here. So herez the advice..... despite child together.

PUT YOUR FOOT DOWW. Also tell her to pull her fri^^en head in or p**s off. YOYR THE BOSS. grow some balls. If she was in bkk i would ask for her cell. How dumb are you OP

I got 50% of my husband income. N we have got join account as well. However i am a "tight a*s" that what my husband says about me. I am very careful with my money n our money (lol) especially now that we have little one. Oh....i am not Thai btw...

So why have a profile pic of sexy thai chick? Heard of sex change but ethnic change. Left shaking head. Maybe your a bloke that likes dresses

Actually your post intrigues me. Yes, you are not thai. They do not use pronouns etc.

Yet your post should be something like

I HAVE 50%...etc.

So where you hail from .....

Here i am complaining that we should always stick to the op. Guess I'm bored

Does he get 50% of your money when you are working?

Another point is I don't care what they say or what their actions are, the only way they will respect you is if you deny them funds. That is a fact in my eyes no two ways about it. If you just dole out money and keep upping the amounts you are a total, moron sucker, mark to them.

The other thing is the more money that is given to them as they sit on their assess, the more this behavior gets reinforced. It is like giving money to a junkie, you aren't curing anything, only making it worse.

The entire crux of the problem is people caring too much what other people think. The Thais are not good about this so the farang has to step up and do all the "not caring".

Yes the last few months she has been pushing me up to 20,000 with numerous reasons as to why she needs more.

Think partly because her mother / sister want her to go to 'work' and she has started complaining about how much 'bad' girls in her village get.

One girl is getting 50,000 (from a farrang who wants to take her abroad) she says (despite being fat and having a Thai husband who she lives with) and

lots of stories about how she doesn't ask for big money 30,000 or 40,000.

Then lots of stories about what farrang boyfriends / husbands have done for other girls in her village.

I fear she may be turning into that monster!

For that location with you paying for rent/housing and health care directly, consider this.....

Compute the household expenses for electric, water, food, etc etc and give her that plus 10,000. Tell her if the expenses come in under the total given her, she keeps the difference, and if the expenses come over, she is to pay that from "her" 10,000.

This teaches budgeting and cost care.

If a girl is leveraging your amount against what "girls who work at night" make, you sadly have the wrong girl. In that case, I can only send you sympathy.

"One girl is getting 50,000"....don't believe a word of it!

Well I'm paying my TGF in excess of 60000 p/month, but she is responsible for the car, the rent (W&E) and kids private school. (not mine) This is an interesting post, I think I've been to generous. But how do I back track without ruining the relationship. Yes I'm aware its not my good looks or personality, that is cementing the relationship.

Listen, firstly don't listen to all that one girl is getting this and the other that, its all a load of crap, Thai girls dont usually go around the village blabbing how much they make, even the fat one living with her Thai husband,

It's all Gossip don't get me wrong there are some guys throwing money around like fools but after a couple of months and the last Thai trip is out of the blood it soon stops. 20,000 per month for 12 months is better than 40,000 for 3 months ,,,

20,000 per month is easily enough for a woman and 2 kids to live on, and save some along the way,, tell her your saving for your future together with the kids and you cant be throwing money away, if that does not statisfy her then its time to reprogram i.e. make sure the next payment is late and don't reply to calls or SMS's for a week or so,, see how the attitude changes

Good luck

I think you are wrong. They talk about everything, including number of times you are having sex and the size of your pistolero.

"One girl is getting 50,000"....don't believe a word of it!

Well I'm paying my TGF in excess of 60000 p/month, but she is responsible for the car, the rent (W&E) and kids private school. (not mine) This is an interesting post, I think I've been to generous. But how do I back track without ruining the relationship. Yes I'm aware its not my good looks or personality, that is cementing the relationship.

I have seen all kinds of good suggestions in here. Get some balls, buy something requiring monthly payments, say that you now have a "sick uncle". Get creative. If any of this destroys what you have, what was there to save anyway? What will probably happen is you will gain a ton of respect and keep her (for better or worse).

Regarding the OP to each his own do what you feel is right and if you feel it is not right do not give. If you have a WP you can open a bank a/c for your child and insure his Mother cannot have access to it until he/she is of an age to make their own determination.

Nope, she can get the cash from her child's bank account.

Seen it done.

AoA ... yes, I read that whole post and thought it was a rather naive comment.

EDIT ... Irishrouge, just read your reply ... thumbsup.gif

Get her to send you the bills, scanned via email. Check them carefully, and pay them online if possible. Hospital treatment is free in Thailand. If she's using an expensive private hospital, you can review the invoice and then reimburse her.
Good luck, you are going to need it.

Most bills are written in Thai. Most of the farang husbands me included, cant read them

100,000 Bt a month. I can afford it and I can't take it with me........

As she says her self "meeting you, I won the lottery".

Man......I get taken care off like you wouldn't believe!

Thanks for that.

It does confirm a few things.

You obvious have a big heart and a very hansum man.

I never get taken care of ... crying.gif

get creative. like they do with why they need so much money. explain something has changed with your finances and you just can't afford to keep that up. see how the next few months goes. give her what you want. but thats a TON of money in thailand.....

Archived