How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/25/2017 at 9:18 AM, Kadilo said:

I met my girlfriend in Pattaya 3 years ago outside a massage shop and we all know what that means. She had been there a couple of weeks but had worked in Bangkok for about 7 years previously. She is a pretty lady so earned good money I have no doubt about that. 

We met over a few months and decided to give the relationship thing a go. I've been coming to Thailand for well over 20 years so know most of the ins and outs so was a bit sceptical tbh but in for a penny and all that. 

It's a nice story but mind me asking how old you are and how old she is?  Most of the guys on this forum don't think this kind of thing can ever work, but then they are usually trying to do it with huge age gaps.  There are plenty of honest girls working in dodgy massage shops.  If you can get past their job, they're nice people.

26 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

It's a nice story but mind me asking how old you are and how old she is?  Most of the guys on this forum don't think this kind of thing can ever work, but then they are usually trying to do it with huge age gaps.  There are plenty of honest girls working in dodgy massage shops.  If you can get past their job, they're nice people.

No problem. There is 20 years difference. Yeah, I read it all the time on here like a broken record. It goes in one ear and out the other. They are probably right in some cases, I wouldn’t want to be shacked up with some of the miserable old  fookers on here either. 

You only hear one side,  the happy successful ones are busy enjoying life with their Thai wives not living in the past blaming everyone but themselves. 

56 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Honest working girls in dodgy massage shops?  Boy, I think you been snookered.

The problem is they have a long list of customers.  So, they are with you long time and say they want to meet a friend at the mall, get their hair done, go here or there.  Mostly in these cases, they are meeting former customers for boom boom and money.

I guess if it works for you and in your mind you trust them good luck.

My suggestion is before she goes out check her purse for the 300 b she has.  When she comes back with 2300 b, gee I hope there is a big question....

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The problem is they have a long list of customers.  So, they are with you long time and say they want to meet a friend at the mall, get their hair done, go here or there.  Mostly in these cases, they are meeting former customers for boom boom and money.

I guess if it works for you and in your mind you trust them good luck.

My suggestion is before she goes out check her purse for the 300 b she has.  When she comes back with 2300 b, gee I hope there is a big question....

Don't be too hard on him, he's very obviously 'young, dumb & full of ***' !

:clap2::laugh:

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Why should they not be honest? Many girls make in bars and massage shops a lot more money then in regular jobs.

One of my favorite bar girls was an accountant and made 16,000B a month in that job. In the bar she made a lot more money just with dancing and lady drinks. I can understand why she and many others work in jobs like that, for many it's the only opportunity to make some money. Does that make them dishonest?

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, the question does arise. This is the topic.

You have joint accounts, but who is funding them?

Her name is on it but you fund it 100%??

My wife is a qualified  freelance accountant.  Don't assume!! 

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why should they not be honest? Many girls make in bars and massage shops a lot more money then in regular jobs.

One of my favorite bar girls was an accountant and made 16,000B a month in that job. In the bar she made a lot more money just with dancing and lady drinks. I can understand why she and many others work in jobs like that, for many it's the only opportunity to make some money. Does that make them dishonest?

No, it doesn't make them dishonest, if that's only what they do.

But, you said she was a bar girl........:clap2:

30 minutes ago, faraday said:

No, it doesn't make them dishonest, if that's only what they do.

But, you said she was a bar girl........:clap2:

Do you think she would she be dishonest if she also goes with customers and gets paid for her service? Personally I don't think so. She provides a service (whatever service) and gets paid for it.

Obviously some girls in that profession are dishonest but that applies also to some people who work in banks and many other jobs where people get commissions.

38 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you think she would she be dishonest if she also goes with customers and gets paid for her service? Personally I don't think so. She provides a service (whatever service) and gets paid for it.

Obviously some girls in that profession are dishonest but that applies also to some people who work in banks and many other jobs where people get commissions.

Ok, good point.

However, all banks are dishonest....:laugh:

:smile:

From Uncyclopedia: Thailand thrives on tourism and sex change operations, it is estimated that as much as 137% of their GNP is from the sextourist industry. A majority of the tourists who come to Thailand are single old fat men seeking sex- which can be found abundantly in Thailand. Prostitution is not only a major economic phenomena in Thailand, for many of the women, it is a past-time and hobby. However, please do not assume that every attractive Thai woman is a prostitute, as they saying goes - "Just because most raindrops are wet doesn't mean they ALL are."

I am in Thailand over ten years married and two daughters, but I wouldn't listen stories what other Girls get from their Boyfriend , Husband or whatever as it is mostly oversized and I would say "Up to you" what you want , or can afford. But be aware some Families using their "Farang" as walking ATM's. Caution.

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Although if you are talking about bargirls, the service that they provide would be an illegal service

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

From Uncyclopedia: Thailand thrives on tourism and sex change operations, it is estimated that as much as 137% of their GNP is from the sextourist industry. A majority of the tourists who come to Thailand are single old fat men seeking sex- which can be found abundantly in Thailand. Prostitution is not only a major economic phenomena in Thailand, for many of the women, it is a past-time and hobby. However, please do not assume that every attractive Thai woman is a prostitute, as they saying goes - "Just because most raindrops are wet doesn't mean they ALL are."

You are right 99% are not truly hookers.

But many have a "take care me" thinking when it comes to older Falang. I guess some think that is like a hooker.

Every last guy I know gives their GF or wife some money.  With this, the girls in all these cases are attractive and in shape not some fat, dolphin short, tank top, no makeup, flip flop hag.

For me, I actually do not mind taking care of the right lady.

For those who do not, up to them.  But the guys I know who refuse usually do not keep the 30 year old cutie around their 60 year old butts very long. 

But this is common sense.  99% of girls will want to be with somebody that they do not find unattractive.  Most old people are unattractive.  It's just a fact of life, when you get old, your body starts to wither.  So if they aren't getting anything from you, they won't stick around.

So you either have to pay, or try and find that elusive 1%.

Younger guys don't have to pay for their girlfriends because there is a mutual attraction.  That said, if the girl doesn't have a job, or is accustomed to guys paying for her, or is the traditional sort, they'll still expect the guy to pay for most things/everything.

So it's not enough to just be young(ish) and in decent shape, you still have to find a girl in a regular job, preferably in a modern city/culture like BKK where attitudes around money and paying 50/50 for meals etc are more in line with the west.

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although if you are talking about bargirls, the service that they provide would be an illegal service

Really? Sometimes I see a girl walking out of a bar together with a customer and sometime later another customer walks into the bar asking about the same girl. The other girls always tell the new customer that she is only out for dinner with the other guy. ;)

37 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

For me, I actually do not mind taking care of the right lady.

For those who do not, up to them.  But the guys I know who refuse usually do not keep the 30 year old cutie around their 60 year old butts very long. 

Been there, done that .

Was a mugged off meal ticket to a gf & family for a few years .

No gratitude or appreciation , just the mindset of :

"Hes got one of those ATM cards and he can go to any bank and take as much money out as he wants and the only reason that he doesnt withdraw 10 000 Baht a day and spend it on the family , is because hes mean "

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Been there, done that .

"Hes got one of those ATM cards and he can go to any bank and take as much money out as he wants and the only reason that he doesnt withdraw 10 000 Baht a day and spend it on the family , is because hes mean "

:)  are you mean?

Just kidding you.

Sounds like a not good situation, gots to go from those.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Been there, done that .

why were you so mean? any specific reason? :unsure:

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Been there, done that .

Then you chose a wrongun. 

1 hour ago, Naam said:

why were you so mean? any specific reason? :unsure:

I did work quite long and hard to acquire my current income , working and saving for my future , I did kind of resent giving that wealth away to ungrateful people who always wanted and expected more

In a all give and no take relationship

I would get a KFC bucket for everyone .......and I would get a chicken bones and rice in return at the village home 

Archived