How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

You make money because it feels good.  Well, here’s the crazy thing, giving it away feels better. 
Accumulation with no end in sight is gluttony. That's the disease. F*#k sin, f*#k piety, i'm talking about what you can use.

Gluttony hollows you out., giving goes the other way. I know it's a f*#k-ing paradox, but I worked it out. The reason that nothing levers up your happiness like giving is because it puts you back in charge of the only thing that you ever really cared about, yourself. 

3 hours ago, samsensam said:

why is this such an issue here? no one ever talks or asks questions like this back home

Really? Don't you think the beauties which are married to old but rich men "back home" have some agreements like how much they get every month and maybe what is expected from them in return?

Some of us want the young and pretty girls even if we are not so young and handsome anymore. And we are willing to pay for that.

• 2 months later...

Comment on two girlfriends, one I've known for 18 years, one I've known for 3 years. The first is  university educated and never asked for money other than her one trip to the USA. I live on SS and she would give me a few hundred dollars when I visited Thailand to help with my expenses. After a few years I convinced her to stop and put that money into her savings. We met when she was working at a 4-star hotel in Pattaya and she went on to work in management at resorts in Dubai, Tanzania, Vietnam, and England. After I turned down two proposals and she turned down one we decided, long ago, to be good friends and we are. Even my ex-wife (Canadian living in USA) became friends with her, as did my new girlfriend. She is three+ decades younger than me and there is nothing I could offer her and told her so. 

The second one is nearly the same age as the first, but there is a difference in meeting a 22-year-old lady and, later in life, meeting a 36-year-old lady. I am also more ready to settle down. I've completed my bucket list and Thailand helped me recover from a divorce after a long marriage and four kids. She works hard running her own business and doing bits in three or four businesses that interest her. I have kept track and it turns out that I help her out to around 5000 baht a month for things like plumbing or education, in addition to normal dating expenses: movies, meals, taxis. She refuses any help with expenses for her child, claiming that is her duty. We do not live together but have discussed the possibility as I'm retiring there in April. But does it really cost me 5000? I now avoid the nightlife, she does my laundry, and helps me in many other ways to reduce normal living expenses. 

What would it cost to have a girlfriend in the West? Just two tickets to the movies with popcorn and soft drinks could set you back 2000 baht. Add dinner and drinks? Wow! And at the end of the night you are lucky if you get a smile. I wish I could do more for my girlfriend. I'm in Seventh Heaven. We'll see how long it lasts.

Comment on two girlfriends, one I've known for 18 years, one I've known for 3 years. The first is  university educated and never asked for money other than her one trip to the USA. I live on SS and she would give me a few hundred dollars when I visited Thailand to help with my expenses. After a few years I convinced her to stop and put that money into her savings. We met when she was working at a 4-star hotel in Pattaya and she went on to work in management at resorts in Dubai, Tanzania, Vietnam, and England. After I turned down two proposals and she turned down one we decided, long ago, to be good friends and we are. Even my ex-wife (Canadian living in USA) became friends with her, as did my new girlfriend. She is three+ decades younger than me and there is nothing I could offer her and told her so. 
   The second one is nearly the same age as the first, but there is a difference in meeting a 22-year-old lady and, later in life, meeting a 36-year-old lady. I am also more ready to settle down. I've completed my bucket list and Thailand helped me recover from a divorce after a long marriage and four kids. She works hard running her own business and doing bits in three or four businesses that interest her. I have kept track and it turns out that I help her out to around 5000 baht a month for things like plumbing or education, in addition to normal dating expenses: movies, meals, taxis. She refuses any help with expenses for her child, claiming that is her duty. We do not live together but have discussed the possibility as I'm retiring there in April. But does it really cost me 5000? I now avoid the nightlife, she does my laundry, and helps me in many other ways to reduce normal living expenses. 
    What would it cost to have a girlfriend in the West? Just two tickets to the movies with popcorn and soft drinks could set you back 2000 baht. Add dinner and drinks? Wow! And at the end of the night you are lucky if you get a smile. I wish I could do more for my girlfriend. I'm in Seventh Heaven. We'll see how long it lasts.

Wow, 5000 baht a month!!
Last of the big spenders.

She must be an absolute stunner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Wow, 5000 baht a month!!
Last of the big spenders.

She must be an absolute stunner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I move there and am not paying rent on two places six months a year, I plan on doubling that. If we live together I would double that again. I am limited by SS income. I'm paying off debts to free up income. And she is a doll. And sweet. And fun.

3 hours ago, Mac98 said:

When I move there and am not paying rent on two places six months a year, I plan on doubling that. If we live together I would double that again. I am limited by SS income. I'm paying off debts to free up income. And she is a doll. And sweet. And fun.

:laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

I was talking to the girl that does my massage when i go to Thailand, and she said she got 5000 from her farang 'husband'. I seriously considered making her an offer to double her salary! :)

My wife, on the other hand, has to live in the manner to which she has become accustomed! 

We have 3 kids and She has 2 maids, to help out in the house. She pays for the day to day costs, but school fees are up to me. She easily goes through 10k a week in incidentals and shopping, which is not unlike the UK, where a weekly shop for a family of 6 would be over 100 quid in Waitrose! :shock1:

She runs various businesses, but none make much money.  The main reason she spends so much is that she never budgets, and she is always handing out 1000 baht notes for various things, but not controlling how much change there is! She also gets treated like a farang by the local tradesmen, in that the prices are always high (like 140k baht to redo the garden!)

Once your Thai wives have lived outside Thailand, they will not be content to live 'Thai style' any more, so be thankful if you are only providing 5, 10 or 20k to your wives/gfs and bring them flowers occasionally with the money you're saving! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 3:53 PM, manjara said:

Once your Thai wives have lived outside Thailand, they will not be content to live 'Thai style' any more, so be thankful if you are only providing 5, 10 or 20k to your wives/gfs and bring them flowers occasionally with the money you're saving! 

I'm happier with my arrangement where I give nothing and she buys me flowers.

• 4 weeks later...

My GF makes 300 Baht per day on the family farm, has a ten year old daughter. When she's with me I give her 400 Baht/day but she cooks, cleans, does everything. She'd never been to a dentist and had a wisdom tooth problem. Despite being cheaper at her 'local' dentist I insisted she go here and paid for all of it, 10,000 baht. She's never asked for anything else and watches money like a hawk when she's with me. We've been together a year, I think I got really lucky. :smile:

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Pay her exactly what the other thai father pays her for the first child. She is ok with that payment, she should be ok with the same from you. 

Well, you must have no clue because she will not be from Falang.

On this, double and in some cases triple what your buddies tell you.

I know many many Falang paying 40,000 b plus per month.

But in reality that is only $1200. Which for a US retiree who had a good job is not much for a 60 plus dude with a sexy 30 year old.

Men in the US pay much more then that for just a few hours.  So, for the entire month, no big deal....

9 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, you must have no clue because she will not be from Falang.

On this, double and in some cases triple what your buddies tell you.

I know many many Falang paying 40,000 b plus per month.

But in reality that is only $1200. Which for a US retiree who had a good job is not much for a 60 plus dude with a sexy 30 year old.

Men in the US pay much more then that for just a few hours.  So, for the entire month, no big deal....

In principle you are right.

But 40k for a 30 year old woman is definitely too much. 30k for a 20 year old sounds a lot more reasonable.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:46 PM, mrskint said:

My wife gives me £300 per month towards the bills for the house. What's all this nonsense about giving out free money when they could work?

Some guys have to pay for a wife because no woman would stay with them otherwise.  

26 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Some guys have to pay for a wife because no woman would stay with them otherwise.  

How would you know?

According to your posting history you are a gay man married to a man. Right?

So, why come on here and make some judgement call that you know nothing about.... 

54 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

It's the way things were always done in the past.

Man provides, woman looks after house and children.

It was good enough for my parents and grandparents (and probably everyone else's).

10k/month is the normal amount a foreigner gives his trophy wife in 'housekeeping money'.

My BiL hands over his entire pay packet unopened, but i doubt he earns more than 15k/month.

(I understand that's fairly common in Thailand)

I suggest never invest a large chunk of money into anything here with a Thai girl.

House, car, etc. No way draw the line with them.

I guess you could buy a condo in your name but if you marry them and divorce, then what?

Car the same she will probably end up with something of bigger value.

I just rent and always will.

I am fortunate I have a good pension.  So, I take care of myself first, put away every month into savings consistently.

Then this may sound stupid what is left over, I don't care. Spend it on one lady long time or on several. It is more then a decent amount to take care of most any lady. 

I guess I could save more but got to live life and enjoy what is left of it. 

Bottom line with this, I would never marry here.  More then enough good looking quality girls in this country who will stay with you and take care of your needs.  

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, bkk6060 said:

How would you know?

According to your posting history you are a gay man married to a man. Right?

So, why come on here and make some judgement call that you know nothing about.... 

Same same but different.....  Same thing happens with the gay men too.  Pay to keep their partner.  

No judgment... just fact.  I know plenty about it thanks.  If you have a Thai wife that does not work, is 20 odd years younger than you, and is out of your league in the looks department, that you are paying money too.. the only reason she is with you is because of the money.  

9 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Same same but different.....  Same thing happens with the gay men too.  Pay to keep their partner.  

No judgment... just fact.  I know plenty about it thanks.  If you have a Thai wife that does not work, is 20 odd years younger than you, and is out of your league in the looks department, that you are paying money too.. the only reason she is with you is because of the money.  

Well, I don't want a wife.

And 20 years?

My minimum age difference is at least 30 years.  20 difference she would be too old.

I do not care about the money I have plenty. It is such a minimal amount they want and if you are smart and find the right one they take care great. 

All why I love it here.

My GF makes about 300/day back on the farm in Issan. Her parents keep her daughter, etc. So when she's with me, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc., that's what I pay her which is a pretty damn good deal I think. $300/month?...I went on dates in the US that cost more than that.

24 minutes ago, DavidAlexander said:

My GF makes about 300/day back on the farm in Issan. Her parents keep her daughter, etc. So when she's with me, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc., that's what I pay her which is a pretty damn good deal I think. $300/month?...I went on dates in the US that cost more than that.

Sounds like a maid, not a girlfriend...

7 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

Sounds like a maid, not a girlfriend...

Actually it was damn weird...for a while. I'm new here so I don't know if it's common or not. She tells me her her job is to take care of me. She sweeps first thing in the morning, gets up earlier than me to make breakfast, makes the bed, lays out my clothes. I can't put a coffee cup or glass down without it being re-filled. Coming from the US I felt like I'd run into an alien from another planet. But, after much internal struggle, I've come to accept it. :-)

Also, being a maid, maybe a few hours a day, has to beat the hell out of 10 hours in the garlic/rice fields.

Archived