How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/4/2014 at 5:05 AM, kjhbigv said:

"One girl is getting 50,000"....don't believe a word of it!

I dont believe a word of it This is just so she feels she should get more 

Reality is she has it very good now and she should not rock the boat A more pretty younger who asks for much less will come around 

and your bloke will be gone in a heart beat

there are Farangs who are proud that they can afford a non-earning wife who has the rather difficult job to take good care of the home, the children and last not least of her husband. that a wife working a job outside the home can do the same are the hallucinations of those who can't afford it. period!

Then they should just as well get a prostitute because it's the same as paying once wife.

With my ex-wife (Thai -no children) about 60,000/month, a high maintenance woman.

With my current girlfriend (Thai, supports son and helps grandma, in Issan) 20,000 + "special things" when they come up which seems to be every month or so. I think she is worth it and she is saving the money for her future -I am much older than her.

With my ex-wife (Thai -no children) about 60,000/month, a high maintenance woman.

With my current girlfriend (Thai, supports son and helps grandma, in Issan) 20,000 + "special things" when they come up which seems to be every month or so. I think she is worth it and she is saving the money for her future -I am much older than her.

Yeah....funny how when people look back they say the truth, but avoid it when in a current relationship.

So, basically I was stupid paying 60k a month because she was high maintenance, but now I'm much smarter because I'm paying only 20k+ specials, lol.

Well, the matter of fact is you are still paying and there is absolutely no difference when it comes to the expectations from the receiving party. You skip a payment and what happens? You stop payments and what happens?

Well if someone has a wife that doesnt work everyone should write a pre-nup that states she have to work. However if ones wife for a short period of time does not work I think it's stupid to pay anything to her. Does the msn payinh his bargirl/prostitute wife really feels better when paying for sex? I have noticed that there are 3 kind of thai women; the bargirl/prostitute, gold digger (same as prostitute) and then there is the educated woman who has a good job and works hard and says she doesnt want any money from her husband even if she only makes 25k bath/month and has bills for 20k/month. That's the thai woman to find and of course she signs a pre-nup that if she ever fools around with another man she looses the custody of their Children.

1 minute ago, DjSilver said:

Well if someone has a wife that doesnt work everyone should write a pre-nup that states she have to work. However if ones wife for a short period of time does not work I think it's stupid to pay anything to her. Does the msn payinh his bargirl/prostitute wife really feels better when paying for sex? I have noticed that there are 3 kind of thai women; the bargirl/prostitute, gold digger (same as prostitute) and then there is the educated woman who has a good job and works hard and says she doesnt want any money from her husband even if she only makes 25k bath/month and has bills for 20k/month. That's the thai woman to find and of course she signs a pre-nup that if she ever fools around with another man she looses the custody of their Children.

So what about the uneducated (i say uneducated most having to leave school at 14 to help with family money) working girls who are not bar girls. They dont count then?

Well who in their right mind wants a woman who is uneducated? And they make around 10k bath/month any way except my girls mom who is uneducated and work as a sales person and makes around 30k bath/month. However if my gf wouldn't have had an higher education I would never even had gone on a first date.

5 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Well who in their right mind wants a woman who is uneducated? And they make around 10k bath/month any way except my girls mom who is uneducated and work as a sales person and makes around 30k bath/month. However if my gf wouldn't have had an higher education I would never even had gone on a first date.

Each to there own, so education and money is your only concerns about a future partner? Such a sad life some lead

15 hours ago, DjSilver said:

there is the educated woman who has a good job and works hard and says she doesnt want any money from her husband even if she only makes 25k bath/month and has bills for 20k/month.

I don't really think those women exist anywhere let alone Thailand ...

44 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

What are the concerns of working poor girls about their future?

Give it some thought and get back to me when you solve this puzzle.

No puzzle just peoples fried minds.

I have no concerns for there future i know as a poor half educated boy back in the day you can be happy, and you can better yourself. But that doesnt fit into your reasoning now does it. Go in enlighten us on your thoughts about the future of poor working girls should be interesting!

No puzzle just peoples fried minds.
I have no concerns for there future i know as a poor half educated boy back in the day you can be happy, and you can better yourself. But that doesnt fit into your reasoning now does it. Go in enlighten us on your thoughts about the future of poor working girls should be interesting!

You make no sense....as most men in Thailand living in denial.

Not debating, just stating the facts.

You said a poster has a sad existence because he's looking for a partner with education and money.

I am asking you what do your poor working girls from the village look for? So, by your own logic these women have a very sad existence. Of course, they could have a better existence if the 70 year old grandpa would help poor villagers with just money without expecting sex in return.

Or is your point of view so hypocritical that someone's sad existence only goes one way....the way that doesn't match your distorted point of view?

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Not debating, just stating the facts.

You said a poster has a sad existence because he's looking for a partner with education and money.

I am asking you what do your poor working girls from the village look for? So, by your own logic these women have a very sad existence. Of course, they could have a better existence if the 70 year old grandpa would help poor villagers with just money without expecting sex in return.

Or is your point of view so hypocritical that someone's sad existence only goes one way....the way that doesn't match your distorted point of view?

As i said you do not read peoples posts correctly. Then put your own view own septic thoughts into them to somehow turn the posts of others into your twisted logic. I said Not bar girls so therefore not looking for your mythical 70 year old. According to your twisted thought process. If your poor you can only be a bar girl/gold digger. You need to get your nose out of thai visa forum long enough to see what its really like in the real world. I also said poor people can be happy but again you chooze not to read that or dicount it as it doesnt fit.

I said the poster was sad if his only criteria for finding a partner was wealth and Education and i stick by that. Money is not everything you can live without it. Lack of Education does not mean people cant be loving and hard working. But again that doesnt fit your logic so is dismissed as you are good bye.

Each to there own, so education and money is your only concerns about a future partner? Such a sad life some lead

No, it's not. But I dont want anyone to live on me. And if she has a higher education we are more likely to be on the same intelectual lvl.

There  is a restaurant in China who hit the headlines a few days back by offering discounts to female customers depending upon their breast size.  This would make a good basis in my opinion for providing wives with a percentage of your income.   The bigger they are then they deserve more of an income percentage. Frankly a 38 FF should be entitled to a big percentage.  For me just like to find one !!!! 

On 14/08/2017 at 7:52 AM, jeab1980 said:

I am curious if that is an actual problem for you? What is wrong with looking for a partner who is educated?

Clearly some people value being challenged intellectually over having their socks folded for them. What is wrong with that? It is just a different way of being satisfied. Is it sad because the guy might have to fold his own socks? 

Independent women are still scaring guys off to this day? Come on, it is 2017. 

• 1 month later...

One day I'll try and write shorter posts....

I recently started something new with my Thai wife. I saw that we were spending way too much on food, mostly eating at local shops and from street vendors. Nothing fancy. So I set a weekly budget, give her this amount each week, and she has to buy groceries and cook within this budget. I eat very clean (healthy) for health and fitness reasons so she has an idea of what I want, cooks all meals, and I help with clean up. 

She's responsible for two main things, cooking our meals and laundry. We have two maids that come twice a week to clean from top to bottom, including fresh towels, linen on the bed, and all clean up. So my wife doesn't have to do any of that. I also clean up after myself.

Food: I'm experimenting with the amount but for now, it's 2,000 baht every 7-10 days. If she can make healthy meals for us for less, she can keep it or roll it over to the next week. Now my food costs are much lower and contained.

I'll pay above the budget if we go out to eat or we want some impromptu snacks. I also pay for and go refill our water jugs and pay for a case of club soda (a substitute for diet soda) every ten days or so. I buy any kitchen utensils she needs, etc. That is above the 2,000 baht. I also bought a coffee machine for about 1,200 baht because she was spending about 900 baht a month on some fancy coffee at 7-11 everyday. 

It's been almost a month and I've cut my food bill by more than half and the way she cooks is way healthier and tastes better than local street vendors or shops where we were getting food. We were paying more for food than our rent before. Now it's much, much less. My wife set up an Excel spreadsheet and is thrilled to show me how much we save this new way (well, how much she saves me...LOL).

Laundry: She used to get our laundry done at a local shop, which she paid for. Then we found some washing machines on our street and I put my pocket change in a jar and she uses that for washing our clothes in the vending machine washer and dries them on our balcony. This saves her about 700-1000 baht a month. I gather my clothes after drying so she doesn't have to do that.

Car: She bought a new car just before we met so we use that as our car, therefore, I don't need to buy one. I have a PCX scooter and we use that for 95% of our getting around. We don't really need a car for much and only use it for my doctors appointments, grocery shopping, and her periodic trips to BKK to visit her family. She doesn't travel for work anymore (she used to travel a lot for her engineering job, but now works online for an app company). Since she saves me money from having to buy a car, and she uses it for shopping for us, etc., I pay for her gas (maybe 400-700 baht a month), washing it, (150 or so baht) every month, insurance and oil change/servicing (those costs vary). She still makes her car payment, which she was doing before we met.

I still save a lot vs. me buying a truck, (which is what I would buy if she didn't have a car so I think this is fair).

Weekly entertainment: I have offered to go to the movies or out to eat but she prefers to go for a massage for our Saturday night "date night." Then home to eat some popcorn/snacks and watch a movie. She prefers this to going to the theater. 

We used to go to a 200 baht all you can eat buffet 2-3 times a month but she would rather cook now. 

Housing: At one time, I paid for the rent and she paid for utilities. At the time, she had a pretty high paying engineering job (for Thailand) with salary, expense account, and commissions. Then her income decreased as her area of engineering slowed way down and commissions dropped dramatically. I started paying for utilities then and still do. She got a new job that makes less but involves no traveling like her previous job.

So, we have lowered a lot of our costs. I don't give her spending money for her own things, like an allowance, she works so she pays for them. But I'll still pay for any medical stuff she needs and if we go to a market or mall, of course I'll pay for anything we buy for her. But if she's by herself and buys make up, for example, she'll pay for that. She won't ask me for money before or after for anything like that.

To summarize, I do make exponentially more money than she does through my holding companies and investments. So we are still adjusting this process. My only pet peeve is giving someone an allowance, which I won't do. I want her to feel like she's contributing to the relationship without feeling financially burdened by it. If any emergencies come up, or for example, she was short one month for her car payment, I helped out. I won't let my wife struggle, especially if it's no fault of her own. I want her to feel comfortable, secure, but not like she's a sponsored woman.

We talked about her selling her car eventually and we have a local driver we pay for rides if we need it, and I'll hire them to take her to BKK to visit her family. It will be a lot cheaper. 

It's a work in progress.

3 minutes ago, Global Guy said:

One day I'll try and write shorter posts....

I recently started something new with my Thai wife. I saw that we were spending way too much on food, mostly eating at local shops and from street vendors. Nothing fancy. So I set a weekly budget, give her this amount each week, and she has to buy groceries and cook within this budget. I eat very clean (healthy) for health and fitness reasons so she has an idea of what I want, cooks all meals, and I help with clean up. 

She's responsible for two main things, cooking our meals and laundry. We have two maids that come twice a week to clean from top to bottom, including fresh towels, linen on the bed, and all clean up. So my wife doesn't have to do any of that. I also clean up after myself.

Food: I'm experimenting with the amount but for now, it's 2,000 baht every 7-10 days. If she can make healthy meals for us for less, she can keep it or roll it over to the next week. Now my food costs are much lower and contained.

I'll pay above the budget if we go out to eat or we want some impromptu snacks. I also pay for and go refill our water jugs and pay for a case of club soda (a substitute for diet soda) every ten days or so. I buy any kitchen utensils she needs, etc. That is above the 2,000 baht. I also bought a coffee machine for about 1,200 baht because she was spending about 900 baht a month on some fancy coffee at 7-11 everyday. 

It's been almost a month and I've cut my food bill by more than half and the way she cooks is way healthier and tastes better than local street vendors or shops where we were getting food. We were paying more for food than our rent before. Now it's much, much less. My wife set up an Excel spreadsheet and is thrilled to show me how much we save this new way (well, how much she saves me...LOL).

Laundry: She used to get our laundry done at a local shop, which she paid for. Then we found some washing machines on our street and I put my pocket change in a jar and she uses that for washing our clothes in the vending machine washer and dries them on our balcony. This saves her about 700-1000 baht a month. I gather my clothes after drying so she doesn't have to do that.

Car: She bought a new car just before we met so we use that as our car, therefore, I don't need to buy one. I have a PCX scooter and we use that for 95% of our getting around. We don't really need a car for much and only use it for my doctors appointments, grocery shopping, and her periodic trips to BKK to visit her family. She doesn't travel for work anymore (she used to travel a lot for her engineering job, but now works online for an app company). Since she saves me money from having to buy a car, and she uses it for shopping for us, etc., I pay for her gas (maybe 400-700 baht a month), washing it, (150 or so baht) every month, insurance and oil change/servicing (those costs vary). She still makes her car payment, which she was doing before we met.

I still save a lot vs. me buying a truck, (which is what I would buy if she didn't have a car so I think this is fair).

Weekly entertainment: I have offered to go to the movies or out to eat but she prefers to go for a massage for our Saturday night "date night." Then home to eat some popcorn/snacks and watch a movie. She prefers this to going to the theater. 

We used to go to a 200 baht all you can eat buffet 2-3 times a month but she would rather cook now. 

Housing: At one time, I paid for the rent and she paid for utilities. At the time, she had a pretty high paying engineering job (for Thailand) with salary, expense account, and commissions. Then her income decreased as her area of engineering slowed way down and commissions dropped dramatically. I started paying for utilities then and still do. She got a new job that makes less but involves no traveling like her previous job.

So, we have lowered a lot of our costs. I don't give her spending money for her own things, like an allowance, she works so she pays for them. But I'll still pay for any medical stuff she needs and if we go to a market or mall, of course I'll pay for anything we buy for her. But if she's by herself and buys make up, for example, she'll pay for that. She won't ask me for money before or after for anything like that.

To summarize, I do make exponentially more money than she does through my holding companies and investments. So we are still adjusting this process. My only pet peeve is giving someone an allowance, which I won't do. I want her to feel like she's contributing to the relationship without feeling financially burdened by it. If any emergencies come up, or for example, she was short one month for her car payment, I helped out. I won't let my wife struggle, especially if it's no fault of her own. I want her to feel comfortable, secure, but not like she's a sponsored woman.

We talked about her selling her car eventually and we have a local driver we pay for rides if we need it, and I'll hire them to take her to BKK to visit her family. It will be a lot cheaper. 

It's a work in progress.

Hang on your cutting down on food money to save money but have maids in? 

Archived