First Trink, then Stickman, who’s next?

WorriedNoodle

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stick was talking about leaving Thailand shortly after he started the website over ten years ago.

I believe he repeats the message each year.

It's like the rumours of Nana Plaza being knocked down. One day it will happen but only if the price is right.

Ask yourself where you heard those rumors first - in my case it was always from a single website. The same website that touted the recent NEP facelift as the best thing to happen to the place in decades ;)

- Stick was a regular poster on another Thai-based board, where he was a personal friend of the board's owner and got on very well with several of the regulars. That all changed after the Galt episode and he became very thin-skinned - another public exchange on the board and I believe that friendship was kaput. The board owner in question is one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet, but stick was more interested in comparing site revenues in his parting jab - to my mind, a low blow for the owner of a site in decline, particularly when it was someone he had previously counted as a friend and a site he openly recommended to his readers.

So if this other board owner was such a nice guy why was his site in terminal decline, maybe it had something to do with allowing things to go on in that site that no 'nice guy' should have. They both appeared to be very wary of the same person who advertised with them.

As for the Galt episode only somebody who has gone through something similar can know what a devastating effect behaviour like Galts can lead to, anybody would be 'thin skinned' after that. Stick was quite right about the other site, but that's what happens when an owner looses interest. You are right Stick did continually recommend his mates site but was rewarded by being referred to on it as the 'sheep shagger'

I met both of them, Stick was the most decent bloke I ever met here, the other was not, never trust a man who does not drink!

Edited by jacky54

White text on black bad. Articles not dated. Guest writers - no context. Hackneyed articles. Not so great. Site not organized.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

How much income does it produce a month?

Go to any bar on Soi Buakow in Pattaya and you will find a hundred boring old farts spouting exactly the same pointless prattle that Trink and Stickman have been spouting for years.

Personally I am glad they are both leaving as that way I am much less likely to come across their inanities by accident.

I'm a old git who politically correct goes to soi buakhao,and find the majority of users who frequent the same ok maybe not the ladyboy bars that you obviously visit.

If i don't like a place or someone is boring to me i move on out,the same as anywhere in pattaya or thailand itself,try it you may get to like it.

- Stick definitely changed after the John Galt fiasco.

I used to follow him faithfully before that, but lost interest when he went off-line for a while. John Galt really hurt Stick's brand.

Whatever happened to Galt?

- Stick definitely changed after the John Galt fiasco.

I used to follow him faithfully before that, but lost interest when he went off-line for a while. John Galt really hurt Stick's brand.

Whatever happened to Galt?

he went to China

- Stick was a regular poster on another Thai-based board, where he was a personal friend of the board's owner and got on very well with several of the regulars. That all changed after the Galt episode and he became very thin-skinned - another public exchange on the board and I believe that friendship was kaput. The board owner in question is one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet, but stick was more interested in comparing site revenues in his parting jab - to my mind, a low blow for the owner of a site in decline, particularly when it was someone he had previously counted as a friend and a site he openly recommended to his readers.

So if this other board owner was such a nice guy why was his site in terminal decline, maybe it had something to do with allowing things to go on in that site that no 'nice guy' should have. They both appeared to be very wary of the same person who advertised with them.

As for the Galt episode only somebody who has gone through something similar can know what a devastating effect behaviour like Galts can lead to, anybody would be 'thin skinned' after that. Stick was quite right about the other site, but that's what happens when an owner looses interest. You are right Stick did continually recommend his mates site but was rewarded by being referred to on it as the 'sheep shagger'

I met both of them, Stick was the most decent bloke I ever met here, the other was not, never trust a man who does not drink!

From his column, it would appear that Stick no longer drinks either - given that you know him personally and I dont, I'll leave it there, but I can understand why anyone who has spent years visiting the bars would swear off the demon drink :D

Go to any bar on Soi Buakow in Pattaya and you will find a hundred boring old farts spouting exactly the same pointless prattle that Trink and Stickman have been spouting for years.

Personally I am glad they are both leaving as that way I am much less likely to come across their inanities by accident.

I'm a old git who politically correct goes to soi buakhao,and find the majority of users who frequent the same ok maybe not the ladyboy bars that you obviously visit.

If i don't like a place or someone is boring to me i move on out,the same as anywhere in pattaya or thailand itself,try it you may get to like it.

I'm very happy where I am so I see no need to move, but where I am is not in any bar.

As I mentioned, by not frequenting any sort of bar (ladyboy or otherwise) and not reading blogs written by the sort of people who do frequent such places, I manage to avoid most of the boring nonsense that goes on here.

Those who do like it are welcome to get on with it, of course.

And what pointless prattle would that be?

All of it?

Like you would have any idea but what the heck have a crack at answering a question that belies your real intent of bashing without content but I'm willing to be proven wrong. Specifics remember the devil is in the details...

What I've seen of those blogs read like the Pattaya Trader to me, only without the condo ads.

I'm very happy where I am so I see no need to move, but where I am is not in any bar.

As I mentioned, by not frequenting any sort of bar (ladyboy or otherwise) and not reading blogs written by the sort of people who do frequent such places, I manage to avoid most of the boring nonsense that goes on here.

If you don't go to bars, how do you know what "sort" of people frequent them?

Obviously some "sort" way beneath you, right?

Typical bar conversations Soi Buakhow.

1. Myron Poopnozzle Yazdani, chief scientist PR attache for the Geneva, Switzerland Matter & Energy international experiment consortium said:

"Sweet Jesus on a cracker, we don't know what is going on; there are trannies everywhere."

2. Vejay Sith was quoted saying:

"I love physics. Physics velly velly good. I'll bet my brother who owns two 7-11's in Bayonne, New Jersey has never seen anything like this."

3. Gunther von Braun of the Berlin University Physics Dept. was heard to exclaim:

"Holy shitenheimer. Look at the log that one is draggin'."

4. Plonbern Dingo of the Perth, Australia visiting group of string theoryists was heard in hallway 7, section 19, lab building 2R screaming:

"Someone get some pants on that tranny."

5. Ezra Pound Nutball PhD. of the Venice, Italy Nutballs, chief prognosticator of neutrino unprovable theories was quoted in both the Compact Muon Solenoid Experiment weekly bulletin and the Obscura Poetica Insufferable Asses Quarterly (OPIAQ):

"Holy sweet sufferin' crabcakes. Look at these security photos of trannies in building 6. Naked and dragging ***** logs like Thai elephants dragging teak logs. Tight lean stomachs (scientifically tight lean stomachs that is), small boy waists, high breasts, and everyone swinging at least 15".

The above from Stickman. http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/ReadersSubmissions2013/reader8204.htm

Don't you think that's humorous?

And money saving tips. MONGER THRIFT

On the fascinating subject of practicing monger thrift, you don't actually have to use the rooms at a hotel. Just take your teeruk honey bunny to the top floor in the elevator and walk down the stairs one half floor to the landing. Nobody who lives near the top floor of a hotel ever uses the stairs. Your Essan minx will appreciate your money saving cleverness.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 2

The limited blog entries on MongerSEA are much funnier than that - his stuff about Big Baby Kenny is gold and I wouldn't be surprised if he came in for a little grief of his own after that was posted. Read 'Drew Noyes vs Kenneth Ng' - its juvenile but in the same vein as the old National Lampoon. Kenny sounds like a real asset to the expat community.

Stick is a legend. Near 14 years of putting up an op-ed piece every week without fail. As well as doing his best to give advice and answer questions and generally point people in the right direction. He tried to pull away from only covering the "naughty" aspects of Thailand but it was what the majority IMO of what his readership craved. Not bad for a guy who was not particularly interested in the bar scene himself. The vacuum that will be created when Stick leaves will never be filled and even if someone were to buy his site I really can't see them being successful. His leaving is the end of an era and coincides with the terrible decline of the bar areas on which he reports and which will correspond to the fact that most of these areas and the people that traditionally frequented them will need to find somewhere else to play.

• Like 1

Trink was the main reason most expats read BP every week. He sadly became a parody of himself towards the end of his Nite Owl run, but I always enjoyed him. People forget he had a real way with words and phrases (seemingly culled from restoration comedy) and wrote many book reviews for BP and other publications.

• Like 1

Trink was the main reason most expats read BP every week. He sadly became a parody of himself towards the end of his Nite Owl run, but I always enjoyed him. People forget he had a real way with words and phrases (seemingly culled from restoration comedy) and wrote many book reviews for BP and other publications.

Isnt that the same guy who said AIDS was just a rumour?

Isnt that the same guy who has/had lived in Thailand for years and could not string a sentence together in Thai?

• Like 1

Isnt that the same guy who has/had lived in Thailand for years and could not string a sentence together in Thai?

But boy could he tell you if the dinty baked beans were 3 baht per can cheaper at foodland ramkhamhaeng than foodland Silom.

Stick is a legend. Near 14 years of putting up an op-ed piece every week without fail. As well as doing his best to give advice and answer questions and generally point people in the right direction. He tried to pull away from only covering the "naughty" aspects of Thailand but it was what the majority IMO of what his readership craved. Not bad for a guy who was not particularly interested in the bar scene himself. The vacuum that will be created when Stick leaves will never be filled and even if someone were to buy his site I really can't see them being successful. His leaving is the end of an era and coincides with the terrible decline of the bar areas on which he reports and which will correspond to the fact that most of these areas and the people that traditionally frequented them will need to find somewhere else to play.

Yeah, he's a very good writer- and that column where he and friend head north to track down the troll that's been constantly harassing him is an excellent piece of gonzo style journalism (and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible) -

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanBangkokWeeklyColumn2011/Cyberbullying.htm

I do wish he'd turn his focus on other areas of Bangkok's nightlife- there's a fascinating array of bars and clubs out there and yet his focus seems to exclusively be the sexpat side of things- there was something a wee bit depressing about his Halloween column where he covered Halloween at... drumroll... Nana Plaza. * yawn *

But as you say it might be because his readerships craves it- sometimes I think if he spent less time in these areas he'd still enjoy living here more- but that's making huge assumptions about his free time which I can't back up.

• Like 1

But boy could he tell you if the dinty baked beans were 3 baht per can cheaper at foodland ramkhamhaeng than foodland Silom.

In a city blessed with cheap tailors all over the place ranging from Silom to Ram, its a pity he never visted them.

Jeez, did you ever check out his pants and suspenders, never mind the Beastie Boyz medallion he used to wear round his neck, the man was nothing but a parody of himself.

Stickman was the one of the first blogs I read about Thailand. Never looked back. I know there are politics etc with his column. based around jealous farangs hope he got that sorted out. He's helped hundred of guys over the years,