Gynaecologist sentenced to death for dismembering his wife released from prison

webfact

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's now official, you can murder someone and chop them into small pieces, not necessarily in that order and spend less time in prison than someone who gets caught with an empty bag which once contained some drugs.

Thailand truly is the laughing stock of the world when it comes to their disproportionate prison sentences.

Are the judges who make these decisions ever named alongside the sentences they hand down ?

In some EU countries you would also get 10 to 20 years ror murder...does it actually matter what u do to the body? Taking a life is the worse crime anyone can do...

"His behaviour while in prison was reported as exemplary and he already received two royal pardons, further reducing his sentence."

Amazing Thailand indeed.

Murdering someone, dismembering the corpse and flushing the body parts trough the toilet (performed by a Doctor) will get you for 7 years in prison.
Sending an SMS with a text that can be seen as "Lese majeste" will get you 15 years behind bars and no Royal Pardon.

in 2003 a student in england was sentenced to 12 yrs in a maximum security prison for killing a swan.he's due for release next year.the queen owns all the swans in england so it was considered as an attack on the crown...seriously! We should all examine our own countries before attacking Thai but imperialistic attitudes usually win the day...

Hmm so a farang caught with a 1 year overstay gets the same sentence as a Thai doctor who cuts his wife up and flushes her down the toilet: 10 years.

Yep sounds about right.  Amazing Thailand.

Of course we do not know the circumstances of the crime

thats right we don't know all the details but we do know he murdered her, chopped her up and tried to dispose of her body by flushing bits of her down the toilet,,, that we do know.

I am racking my brain to think of any circumstances where I would not consider this anything but a gruesome, terrible murder.. 

Please feel free and let me know if you can think of any.

" ...  He is prohibited from travelling overseas ... and from dismembering anyone else "

Frankly, he looks insane ... 

He killed, butchered and flushed the body parts of his wife down the toilet. Lets face it, that qualifies as insane behaviour for me.

Remember the victim was a woman........so you can draw your own conclusions.../

...and the doctor is not doubt wealthy.  

10 years in prison, so he can't be very wealthy; but still, 10 years instead of death--so he certainly has some wealth.

Claffey
Would you care to post any evidence in support of your supposition that a UK student was imprisoned for 12 years for just killing a swan.
Given that the offence in question is classified as criminal damage , with a max sentence of £5000 or 6 months inside , its fair to conclude that you are hugely mistaken.
As to the point you were trying to make , have you forgotten Spitting Image , how many people were prosecuted for mocking the British Royal family ?
  • Like 1

I think the student got 12 years for killing a Swan at the Tower of London. In the process he also nicked the Crown Jewels , pushed 2 Beefeaters to their death , peed in the moat and insulted a family of passing Japanese tourists. He actually only got a 3 year stretch , the other 9 was for an out of date car tax disc !

So it's now official, you can murder someone and chop them into small pieces, not necessarily in that order and spend less time in prison than someone who gets caught with an empty bag which once contained some drugs.

Thailand truly is the laughing stock of the world when it comes to their disproportionate prison sentences.

Are the judges who make these decisions ever named alongside the sentences they hand down ?

About time that a few Thai judges were "flushed down the toilet"

• Like 1

In some EU countries you would also get 10 to 20 years ror murder...does it actually matter what u do to the body? Taking a life is the worse crime anyone can do...

Is'nt  "interfering with a corpse" another offense ?

"His behaviour while in prison was reported as exemplary and he already received two royal pardons, further reducing his sentence."

Amazing Thailand indeed.

Murdering someone, dismembering the corpse and flushing the body parts trough the toilet (performed by a Doctor) will get you for 7 years in prison.

Sending an SMS with a text that can be seen as "Lese majeste" will get you 15 years behind bars and no Royal Pardon.

Yes , and the poor old illiterate guy who received this sentence did'nt even know how to send a txt message on his phone, it was someone else. He eventually died in jail.  But i guess that "All" concerned were happy with this ?

• Like 1

" ...  He is prohibited from travelling overseas ... and from dismembering anyone else "

Frankly, he looks insane ... 

clearly so! anyone choosing that field poking and peeking into womens private parts day in and day out would need to be insane, or become insane from it

Errr!  it has'nt effected me yet, but there, i am not medically qualified.  rolleyes.gif

Hmm so a farang caught with a 1 year overstay gets the same sentence as a Thai doctor who cuts his wife up and flushes her down the toilet: 10 years.

Yep sounds about right.  Amazing Thailand.

Just out of curiosity but what country do you come from that you equate living in for 10 years to be similar to living in a Thai jail for 10m years. 

I see you had some supporters on that and I would like to hear from them. Not many countries I want to visit but if they are the ones you people are coming from I want to strike them off my list if indeed they are on my list.wai.gif

...this news makes my head spin!?! recently a journalist was sentenced to 15 years in prison for unsavory remarks regarding the Royal family. will he serve his full fifteen years for simply using words? if that doctor was sentenced to death, well... he should be dead. blessings to the family of the brutally slaughtered wife.

Yes that is indeed strange two Royal Pardons. I guess the first one didn't take.

Time off for serving 2/3 of a death sentence.facepalm.gif

One more job for the junta, and it's a big one, look in to and revamp the much outdated,

ancient, and most times down right doesn't make sense penal code of this country....

That won't happen. They are turning the clock back now.

Can I say that?