Entire car of train passengers drugged, Thai police suspect

webfact

Now I suppose the Thai railway authorities in their usual knee jerk response will ban all food and drink on trains.

Just the air perhaps

.can't live without food

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*sigh*

Thailand.

Come to Amazing Thailand and travel worry free in out new "rape-free" compartment!

Or, if rape's not a big concern, sleep on your stomach like a baby, in one of our regular coaches. Even if the train derails, you'll not wake till the sun comes up, refreshed and ready for your sunny holiday in Hat Yai, just an hour away from many major terrorism tourism spots of the beautiful south.

Sleep on your stomach, and wake up and your "star" became a hole.....

just one small canister can do the trick. wait a few hours. and enter the cabin when the fumes are gone.  A soaked handkerchief, stuffed in the aircon duct.    Many ways.  No need to consume...  Suspect Nitrous oxide or Ether.

http://www.dentalfearcentral.org/help/sedation-dentistry/laughing-gas/

available at any dental supply store/university.

The whole 'sleeping gas' train thing is such an urban myth. There's never been one proper shred of evidence over it happening. I'm pretty sure all anesthetic gases are heavier than air, so you'd need way more than "one small canister" to do the trick, you'd need a hell of a lot of gas to successfully flood a carriage- especially as carriages aren't totally sealed off from the outside either- and yet nobody smells anything, despite the massive volume of gas there's no toxicity and death... 

If these robbers have managed to do it then it's a huge leap forward for both chemical warfare and anaesthetists everywhere, and they should probably be found and congratulated for their scientific breakthrough. :) 

• Like 2

They may have possible had their tea spiked with the date rape drug ‘Rohypnol (also known as Roofies as depicted in the movie ” The Hangover”)depending upon if everyone consumed the beverage and if also it was offered to passengers by train catering staff.  The staff were possible not aware this may have occurred.

Edited by MK1

Seems to me that the SRT management need to very very urgently get a complete grip on all factors / systems / realities of the way SRT currently operates, and perhaps even close it down until they completely rework the whole system into something which provides both a modern service and complete security and that probably includes a complete rework of at least recruitment.

Also, if security let alone service is not fixed within a few days, then the new / current / temporary SRT chief should also be sacked. 

Note to self ... do not travel by train
Note to self do not travel by bus
Note to self ...do not travel by passenger van
Note to self .... never leave condo

I take basic precautions, like using one of these at all times, no exceptions

S10_Gas_Mask_Respirator.jpg

Edited by Jdiddy

i wonder how many story like this one, never reach the english media stream. And i am pretty sure a lot, are only published in thai newspaper!

This country is becoming, day after day,  more and more.... lost!

Note to self ... do not travel by train
Note to self do not travel by bus
Note to self ...do not travel by passenger van
Note to self .... never leave condo

That would be a good solution to your dilemma. There are many home delivery food services and even ladies will do home service. Yes, good choice, stay in condom.smile.png

My good friend Freud asked me to tell you that he likes your comment.

• Like 1

The whole 'sleeping gas' train thing is such an urban myth. There's never been one proper shred of evidence over it happening. I'm pretty sure all anesthetic gases are heavier than air, so you'd need way more than "one small canister" to do the trick, you'd need a hell of a lot of gas to successfully flood a carriage- especially as carriages aren't totally sealed off from the outside either- and yet nobody smells anything, despite the massive volume of gas there's no toxicity and death... 

If these robbers have managed to do it then it's a huge leap forward for both chemical warfare and anaesthetists everywhere, and they should probably be found and congratulated for their scientific breakthrough. smile.png

Happened to a relative 40 years ago in Italy. They were robbed.

i wonder how many story like this one, never reach the english media stream. And i am pretty sure a lot, are only published in thai newspaper!

This country is becoming, day after day,  more and more.... lost!

It must be blamed on the foreigners here. The scum in and outers who ride the trains. Next week immigration will be posted at all train stations and any foreigner without thousands of baht will be kicked out of thailand as a security risk on trains.
Unbelievable that the perps had time to sit around and remove the sims while robbing everyone. And with a police squad in the next car! What happened to the steward? He should have been in that car as well. Or maybe he did the deed. Train service in thailand is getting riskier and riskier even with their new rules preventing anyone from having fun on their trains. They should supply unlimited alcohol free just for taking a chance riding with them

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Happened to my MIL in a hospital in Chonburi where she was visiting a patient with a group of people. About 10 years ago.

The group accepted drinks by someone in hospital while in a waiting room, they all went under and were robbed of belongings.

*sigh*

Thailand.

Come to Amazing Thailand and travel worry free in out new "rape-free" compartment!

Or, if rape's not a big concern, sleep on your stomach like a baby, in one of our regular coaches. Even if the train derails, you'll not wake till the sun comes up, refreshed and ready for your sunny holiday in Hat Yai, just an hour away from many major terrorism tourism spots of the beautiful south.

You tried to entertain me but failed miserably.