Beauty queen, fiance lead police to rescue Thai girl from Bahrain brothel

webfact

Beauty queen, fiance lead police to rescue girl from Bahrain brothel
By Coconuts Bangkok

screen_shot_2557-08-06_at_1.45.26_pm.png

BANGKOK: -- Former Miss Thailand Panadda “Boom” Wongphudee and her fiance, Akearin Nilsetthee, have emerged as heroes today after helping police rescue a Thai woman from a brothel in Bahrain.

Boom told Manager Online the 25-year-old victim had reached out to her Instagram account Monday, claiming to be trapped inside the basement of a Bahrain hotel.

After fact-checking and determining the story was true, Boom contacted Bahraini police and pointed them to the brothel run by a Thai couple.

According to press accounts, the victim was immediately saved by police and returned to Thailand yesterday.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/08/06/beauty-queen-fiance-lead-police-rescue-girl-bahrain-brothel

[cnb]2014-08-06[/cnb]

• Like 1

"Boom contacted Bahraini police and pointed them to the brothel run by a Thai couple":.

1 Good to see at least one traditional Thai export is still, er, booming.

2. Will Boom now polnt Thailand's apparently terminally short-sight Boys in Brown to the thousands brothels operating in their own backyard?

3 You really need to get your roots done, dear.

• Like 2

"pointed them to the brothel run by a Thai couple."

Well done!  I hope we here of arrests made of the Thai couple.

Sadly,

I doubt it.

Why do you doubt it? I believe that Bahrain police are no softies. Anyway, let's hope they get what they deserve.

• Like 1

"pointed them to the brothel run by a Thai couple."

Well done!  I hope we here of arrests made of the Thai couple.

Sadly,

I doubt it.

Why do you doubt it? I believe that Bahrain police are no softies. Anyway, let's hope they get what they deserve.

Bahrain has, IMO, the highest visible prostitution in the GCC countries. Saw 2 Thai ladies being deported last year. The Bahrain police sergeant was extremely professional and polite waiting with them at the gate until handing them over to the boarding gate staff. Deportees should get put on first, even before first class in Bahrain. The 2 girls walked down the walkway as slowly as possible and were exchanging phone numbers with some guys who had rushed to catch them up, Europeans and Arabs, I kid you not. 

• Like 1

Yea Bahrain, Qatar,  Abu Dhabi & Dubai full of working Girls mainly Chinese but many other nationalities can be found, our middle eastern friends  need to there rocks off also, no mater what they preach,, all you got to do is visit the middle east area in south Pattaya back of walking street,,,,,

Bahrain has many hookers, from around the world. Muslim does not come into it! Every weekend 30,000 Saudi cross the bridge. For booze and women, then shopping.

+1 Bahrain is Saudi's American equivalent of Mexico

You need determined, tenacious and strong-willed women to lead the way for women's and children's rights which even in the 21st century are being blatantly abused.

Having a well-known public profile tends to help the cause immensely.

I have followed Boom's recent activity concerning the punishment for rape and believe her outrage to be genuine.

I'm not sure if she wants to do her part or become seriously involved in the cause.

If she does I just hope she doesn't become a Paveena 2, where sometimes the sense of self-importance and power becomes your cause instead.

Edited by smileydude

Lucky me, started the day off with reading good news.  Just goes to show that beauty winners can be capable and responsible citizens.  Well done.

No doubt the Thai couple running the brothel in a Muslim country will get their just deserts. 

I guess you never have been to a muslim country where the facts are totally ignored and the mother of the necessary takes over. IE Hashish growing right by the side of the road by a police control booth. Officer why do you not do something about those hash fields??? Oh ashenabi ( farange) you are totally mistaken those are sunflower plants

Girls are Thailand's biggest export. You find them all over the world. I am sure the Thai authorities will 'look after" the 2 traffickers when they return to Thailand.

They won't be returning as they are now considered one of Thailands valuable highly prized exports filling a need where it is needed and bank accounts that buy private Islands and private jets. I surmise that the girl was let go when her costs were borne by boom & fiance

You need determined, tenacious and strong-willed women to lead the way for women's and children's rights which even in the 21st century are being blatantly abused.

Having a well-known public profile tends to help the cause immensely.

I have followed Boom's recent activity concerning the punishment for rape and believe her outrage to be genuine.

I'm not sure if she wants to do her part or become seriously involved in the cause.

If she does I just hope she doesn't become a Paveena 2, where sometimes the sense of self-importance and power becomes your cause instead.

It has already happened except she is paying cash for fame now. The Bahrain affair was very expensive no doubt