Medicin for high bloodpressure

khunerik

Anyone know if I can buy these two medicins? And if Thailand have a cheaper replacement brand? And what they cost?

1 Beta blocker Hexal Metoprolol GEA Retard 50mg..........it's 50mg metoprololtartrat

2 Bluefish Amlodipin 5 mg .........it's 5 mg amlodipin/amlodipinbesilat

Amlodipine 5mg costs me 810 baht for 45 tabs at major western hospital so should be less at pharmacy.  

Edit - brands in Thailand

Available Brands
Amcardia [ Unique ] Amlod [ Unison ] Amlodac [ Zydus Cadila ] Amlopine [ Berlin Pharm ] Amvas [ Millimed ] Deten [ Siam Bheasach ] Lovas [ Millimed ] Narvin [ T. O. Chemicals ] Norvasc [ Pfizer ]

Also marketed as
Ambes [ GPO ]

Amlodipine 5mg costs me 810 baht for 45 tabs at major western hospital so should be less at pharmacy.  

Edit - brands in Thailand

Available Brands
Amcardia [ Unique ] Amlod [ Unison ] Amlodac [ Zydus Cadila ] Amlopine [ Berlin Pharm ] Amvas [ Millimed ] Deten [ Siam Bheasach ] Lovas [ Millimed ] Narvin [ T. O. Chemicals ] Norvasc [ Pfizer ]

Also marketed as
Ambes [ GPO ]

One can buy this medicin pretty cheap. Berlin brand box of 100 tabs ( 5mg). Pricetag 230 baht in my box or 25 if one buys only one strip. Can not remember if with pharmacy member card it was even cheaper, Pharmacy Fascinochain

Note Amlodipine, may cause your feet to swell. I use to take 5mg of Amlodipine and 5mg of Eneprin (sp) and then for some reason the doctor switched me to 10mg Amodipine no Eneprin all of a sudden my left foot swelled up everyday, I couldn't figure out why, then I remembered that Amlodipine might cause feet to swell, I stopped taking it and my feet haven't swelled since. Now I have to go to the doctor to get an alternative.

Note Amlodipine, may cause your feet to swell. I use to take 5mg of Amlodipine and 5mg of Eneprin (sp) and then for some reason the doctor switched me to 10mg Amodipine no Eneprin all of a sudden my left foot swelled up everyday, I couldn't figure out why, then I remembered that Amlodipine might cause feet to swell, I stopped taking it and my feet haven't swelled since. Now I have to go to the doctor to get an alternative.

Aha!  I have been taking Amlodipine for nearly a month, my feet swell at the weekend (link to alcohol?).  I guess this medication is causing it.  I am seeing the doctor on Thursday so will mention it.

Totster smile.png

Edited by Totster

Aha!  I have been taking Amlodipine for nearly a month, my feet swell at the weekend (link to alcohol?).  I guess this medication is causing it.  I am seeing the doctor on Thursday so will mention it.

Totster smile.png

I have been taking Amlodipine for over 10 years and only experienced occasional  feet swelling here in Thailand. I put it down to the heat or occasional flights that a foot massage soon put right.

I may have a rethink.

Thank you George, I could never understand why my feet are swelling.

I would appreciate, if you can PM me with the alternative your doctor described,

Thank you George, I could never understand why my feet are swelling.

I would appreciate, if you can PM me with the alternative your doctor described,

Many people in my home country use diuretic medication instead of Amlodipine for high bloodpressure. I did that before. It's also good for people with feet/legs that sweel. It will remove some fluid from the legs and feet.

"I hope diuretic medication is the right English name"

Edited by khunerik

amlodipine [berlin] 5mg.siam pharmacy korat. 180bht.100tabs.

I take a beta blocker to but I will check whats available 50mg.

the beta-blocker I take is bisoprolol.

bisoprolol HYPERCOR manufactured by [sriprasit pharma co.] 5mg.box of 100tabs 600bht.

I am taking 5mg Amlodipine daily. I hate it. If anyone would have an alternative I would like to hear it.

Certainly there are alternative drugs but which one depends on the reason this was prescribed and your overall medical history. Amlodipine is used both for reducing blood pressure and for angina . There are other drugs for both these purposes. I suggest you discuss with the doctor who prescribed this.

• Like 1

I was at the Hospital today to get a new prescription for my blood pressure. I have been taking blood pressure medicine for around 12 years. When my blood pressure climbed to over 150 the doctor put me on medicine. Because my previous medicine was making my feet swell, I haven't taken any for over ten days now, so I expected my BP to be quite high, but it was only 130/90, not too bad. The doctor changed my prescription from 5mg of amlodipine two times a day, to 5mg of anapril once a day.
  • Like 1

Hi, I also was at the Hospital today, and mentioned the swelling of feet, the doctor changed my dose of Amlodipine from 10mg to 5mg and started me on 1/2 25mg dose of Hydrochlorothiazide (marked as HCTZ(L)(P) on the bag.

I notice some of the side affects are Hyperglycemia and Hyperlipidemia and I am on medication to prevent both of these, should I be worried?

totster :)